PDA

View Full Version : Spike from 'Buffy' heads to 'Torchwood'

Luna
19-06-2007, 14:36
Former Buffy star James Marsters will reportedly be guest starring in the second season of Torchwood.

According to the website James Marsters Live, the 44-year-old actor, famed for his role as swaggering British vampire Spike on Buffy The Vampire Slayer, will be filming his appearance in Cardiff next month.

Torchwood’s parent show Doctor Who also featured one of the leads from the Sunnydale based cult show in its second series, with Anthony Head starring in ‘School Reuinon’ last year. The creative force behind the revived Doctor Who - Russell T Davies – has often cited Buffy as a key inspiration for his show.

---------------------------

OMG!!!! I cant wait!!!! atlast some talent to put up a fight with mr barrowman

Luna
16-07-2007, 15:06
Former Buffy star James Marsters and ex-Neighbours actor Alan Dale have spoken of their excitement at starring in the BBC TV series Torchwood.
Marsters, who played Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, said he was "a big fan" of the Doctor Who spin-off.

And Dale, who used to play Jim Robinson in Neighbours and has recently been in The OC and Ugly Betty in the US, said he was "thrilled" to be in the show.

Filming for the new Torchwood series is currently under way in Cardiff.

The alien-chasing series, starring John Barrowman and Eve Myles, is expected to be shown in 2008 and Marsters is set to guest star in the first episode.

The actor, who starred as a goth vampire in both the cult US series Buffy and its spin-off Angel, said he was "really excited" about his character.

"I can't say too much about him, except he is naughty and a bit of a psychopath," he said.

The new guest stars will join John Barrowman and Eve Myles

"I am a huge fan of Doctor Who and Torchwood so it was me who knocked on their door."

And Dale, who has also appeared in Lost and The West Wing, said he was delighted to be back in the UK.

"I am thrilled to be working on Torchwood - I am a huge fan of British television drama."

The cast will also be joined by Freema Agyeman who has been travelling in the tardis as David Tennant's assistant Martha Jones in the last series of Doctor Who.

Agyeman said it was "a huge new challenge" and she could not wait to start filming.

Created by Russell T Davies, the first series of Torchwood introduced a team of investigators based at a secret headquarters in Cardiff Bay and also featured Burn Gorman, Naoko Mori and Gareth David-Lloyd.

---------------------------

Omg alan dale too!!!!! i cant wait for this next series

willow
16-07-2007, 19:14
how excited am i

i love james masters!!!!

Layne
16-07-2007, 20:20
He was amazing in Buffy - i can't wait till torchwood :)

Trinity
17-01-2008, 13:18
Torchwood last night - too much kissing!!!!

Yes, we know that Captain Jack is bisexual, yes we know that James Masters looks much better as Captain John than he ever did as Spike - but please enough of the snogging gay or otherwise!

Luna
17-01-2008, 21:02
i loved him in this - the gay snogging didnt bother me too much but did confuse me at some points lol

Cant wait til he's back

Layne
17-01-2008, 22:07
MY GOD I LOVE JAMES :wub:
John Barrowman and James Master = one awesome program!

Mrs Bump
24-01-2008, 14:48
I loved the first episode and think that the "gratuitous" kiss worked well. I agree it was over the top but I think it was meant to be. With the intensity of the fighting that followed you needed an equivilent insensity to the kiss to balance the two and give us an immediate understanding of the deep love-hate relationship between Jack and Captain John. Also showing the over the top emotions between Jack and John worked nicely set against the cute, fledgling relationship going on between Jack and Ianto, which in contrast is evident to to everybody whilst not being as in your face. Am really looking forward to the rest of the series, they have started strongly!