PDA

View Full Version : Barrymore among three arrested for Murder

alan45
14-06-2007, 13:06
Essex Police have arrested three men in connection with the murder of Stuart Lubbock

Police investigating the death of a man at the former home of Michael Barrymore have arrested three men on suspicion of murder and serious sexual assault.
Stuart Lubbock, 31, was found by the swimming pool at the house in Roydon, near Harlow, Essex, in March 2001.

One man was arrested in north-west England, a second was arrested in the Midlands, and a third in London.

Essex Police said the men were aged 37, 32 and 55 but would not confirm Michael Barrymore, who is 55, was among them.

A spokesman said the 37-year-old man had been arrested in Lancashire and the 32-year-old man was taken into custody in Staffordshire.

Mr Lubbock had been among a number of people at a party at Mr Barrymore's home in the hours before his body was found.

What we've been campaigning for over the past 18 months is for somebody to be charged and brought to court

Tony Bennett, lawyer

Post-mortem tests showed that he had suffered severe internal injuries which suggested sexual assault.

Alcohol, ecstasy and cocaine were found in his bloodstream.

An investigation was carried out by Essex Police at the time of Mr Lubbock's death, but no-one was charged with any offence.

Father's campaign

In December 2006, Essex Police began a new inquiry.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) also launched an investigation.

Following the arrests, the IPCC said it had placed on hold its inquiry into complaints from the family arising from the original Essex Police investigation.

Terry Lubbock has led a campaign to secure a conviction in his son's case.

His lawyer, Tony Bennett, described the arrests on Thursday as the best news he has had on the case.

"I got the call saying that three men were going to be arrested," he said.

"That's not the same as three men going to be charged of course, but what we've been campaigning for over the past 18 months is for somebody to be charged and brought to court and brought to a trial for these alleged offences and that's the goal that we've had all along.

"We've had a re-investigation, we've got the IPCC looking at the original investigation but what Terry Lubbock wants most of all is to see people in court."

Jojo
14-06-2007, 13:16
HAve they said that it is Barrymore yet anywhere?? I know its kind of a conclusion most are going to come to seeing as the ages match, but just wondering...

alan45
14-06-2007, 13:50
HAve they said that it is Barrymore yet anywhere?? I know its kind of a conclusion most are going to come to seeing as the ages match, but just wondering...

On the other hand they havent denied it either. I think we can be certain he is the person referred to AWRIGHT

ITN have said its him

Jojo
14-06-2007, 14:08
On the other hand they havent denied it either. I think we can be certain he is the person referred to AWRIGHT

ITN have said its him

Thats always the telling sign - when they don't deny its someone aswell. Still, its "just" an arrest at the mo - lets see if they actually charge anyone this time. Didn't they arrest him before about it??

Siobhan
14-06-2007, 14:58

ITN have said its him

Thats always the telling sign - when they don't deny its someone aswell. Still, its "just" an arrest at the mo - lets see if they actually charge anyone this time. Didn't they arrest him before about it??

I was sure they did and his name was cleared. I actually thought this case was closed

Abigail
15-06-2007, 20:20

ITN have said its him

I was sure they did and his name was cleared. I actually thought this case was closed

The victim's family applied for a private prosecution last year but it was rejected due to lack of evidence I think. Obviously, some more evidence has come to light that incriminates these people.

Jojo
15-06-2007, 20:46
I've read that its to do with a tape that Barrymore made in preparation for his autobiography/biography apparently :searchme:

Chloe O'brien
15-06-2007, 21:35
I've read that its to do with a tape that Barrymore made in preparation for his autobiography/biography apparently :searchme:

Apparently Simon Cowell's brother was in discussion with Michael about writing his biography but they have fallen out and he had to submit the evidence to the police. But didn't the victim's father make peace with Barrymore once he came out of the house.

alan45
21-05-2010, 09:30
ROUBLED telly star Michael Barrymore has announced that he has turned straight - after falling for a blonde woman.
Barrymore - who came out as gay 15 years ago - is even planning a "going back in party".

Shock ... Barrymore with Pat, Jenny and Anthea on TV show
The former Strike It Lucky host says he has been seeing his new girlfriend for several months, but needs to keep her identity secret "because of her situation".

Barrymore, 57, was pictured kissing an attractive blonde woman just two days ago during a boozy night out at the Cannes film festival in the south of France.

And he spoke about his romance while filming for Channel 4's Celebrity Come Dine With Me.

Barrymore told former Generation Game host Anthea Redfern: "I'm having a going back in party soon. Would you like to come?"

When Anthea asked, "What's that?" he replied: "Well, I came out didn't I - but I'm going back in."

Fellow diners Pat Sharp and Jenny Powell were stunned by the revelation.

New man ... Barrymore says blonde has turned him straight
Darren Fletcher
When questioned, Barrymore admitted he had met "a nice blonde girl".

Asked if that was why he had changed his sexuality, he replied: "Well, if you love somebody."

He later insisted he could not reveal her name, saying: "She's a very good friend, but I can't say because of the situation. I'll leave that to your imagination."

This week Barrymore smooched with a blonde outside a Cannes bar at 4.30am.

She moved her chair next to his, put her arm around his neck and gave him a tender kiss as they had a nightcap.

Earlier Barrymore was unsteady on his feet as he swigged a vodka cocktail at another bar.

He was with a group of six Brits - and at one point argued with them about his sexuality, saying: "I'm not gay, I swear."

Barrymore was still married to wife Cheryl when he announced he was gay in 1995.

He was Britain's most popular entertainer at the time, but was privately battling alcoholism.

Questions about his sexuality had begun after he stunned a London pub by singing: "Start spreading the news, I'm extra gay today."

He then confirmed he was gay after a drunken speech at the National Television Awards saying he "no longer wanted to live a lie".

He and Cheryl, who later died from cancer, divorced in 1997.

Barrymore told celebs on Come Dine With Me that he didn't know he was gay at the start of his marriage.

Later, as the dinner table chat turned to his relationship and who the celebs would share a bowl of soup with, Anthea teased: "I think you're in love with her."

Nodding, Barrymore says: "I'd share a bowl of soup with her. I'd give her my last toffee."

Barrymore had only soft drinks during the show, declaring himself "clean and sober".

But he still smashed a plate and started a food fight with Anthea.

Wheel of Fortune star Jenny said she was "loving" the gossip about Barrymore, adding: "It's even more interesting that she's a woman."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2981673/Michael-Barrymore-claims-he-is-now-straight-and-has-fallen-for-a-woman.html#ixzz0oYDMHPBO

Chloe O'brien
22-05-2010, 23:54
What a loac of cobblers, your either gay or straight. you can't change from Arthur to Martha every few years. Why does he not just admit to being biasexual.

Perdita
23-05-2010, 19:53
Michael Barrymore is not dating the blonde woman he has been photographed kissing, a report claims.

Emily Woods, 37, claims to be the mystery female referred to. However, she has dismissed speculation that she is his secret girlfriend.

According to The People, she said: "Our relationship is purely professional. For him to suggest otherwise is clearly off the wall.

"He's clearly still as gay as they come. I may be the blonde that Barrymore is talking about but I'm devoted to my husband and children."

Meanwhile, a source added: "Emily's husband John trusts her explicitly and knows there is nothing in these rumours. She has been caught up in what looks like a pathetic stunt to boost Michael's profile."

Barrymore has apparently admitted that comments he made on Celebrity Come Dine With Me, which airs tomorrow at 9pm on Channel 4, were taken out of context.

alan45
27-11-2010, 01:43
DISGRACED Michael Barrymore has admitted "responsibility" for the first time over the death of a man in his swimming pool.
The fallen comic says he has finally accepted "his part" in the 2001 drowning of party guest Stuart Lubbock.

Mystery ... Stuart Lubbock
Collect
Dad-of-two Stuart, 31, was found dead at the star's mansion in Roydon, Essex, after being invited back with other people from a nightclub.
Barrymore says: "I always think if you say, 'I'm responsible', it means you're guilty of having something to do with it.
"Yeah. I didn't say No. Responsible would have been saying, 'You ain't coming back to my house'. It's taken this long to face up to it."
Barrymore, 58, reveals in a Channel 4 documentary he is still haunted by the tragedy, saying: "It's like seeing a film that keeps rewinding with flashes going off, when it gets mad."

Mansion ... Stuart Lubbock was found in pool
John McLellan
Police initially treated Stuart's death as an accident, but a post mortem led to suggestions he suffered a sexual assault.
Barrymore and two other men were held but released.
Advertisement

The comic has opened up about his feelings in an interview with Radio Times ahead of the programme being aired on December 16.
The House That Made Me: Michael Barrymore is part of a series that sees stars return to childhood homes.
Barrymore, then called Michael Parker, goes back to Bermondsey, South London, where he remembers confusion about his sexuality, family violence and his first gay experience.
The series starts with Boy George on December 9

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3248162/Michael-Barrymore-Im-responsible-over-Stuart-Lubbock-pool-death.html#ixzz16RWhIZFb