PDA

View Full Version : Libby Kennedy (Kym Valentine)

Debs
13-06-2007, 20:21
read this on another site

Loved Libby so will be great to have her back :cheer:

Hot Goss

Kym Valentine fans will be excited to know that the actress is expected to make a return to Erinsborough as Libby Kennedy in the near future. I hear that Neighbours producers are currently in negotiations with the actress to reprise her popular role in an effort to boost the show's ratings

Katy
13-06-2007, 20:22
ooh, there is a positive, i loved Libbys charcater. Although i did go off her when drew died.

Cornishbabe
13-06-2007, 20:57
It would be nice to see teh relationship that has been forming between her and racheal. although Im not too sure what she will do now.

Jessie Wallace
13-06-2007, 22:47
Hasn't this rumour been floating around for like months now, i'd love it to be true, but i'm not sure it will be

Abbie
14-06-2007, 10:58
I remember Libby when I used to watch this all time :)

jonni
14-06-2007, 11:32
its been confirmed on wiki

and i think that it could happen

because this transformation its going through

they want it to become more family orientated

so libbys return could help them do this.

Jessie Wallace
14-06-2007, 12:28
Well i hope that Wilkapedi's got something right for a change then!

Trinity
14-06-2007, 12:45
So - she didn't manage to get another job then?

Abi
14-06-2007, 16:18
I'd love this to be true, she had a great charcter, and was a great actress.

Though Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, so anyone could have written that in, so i wouldn't use that as a source. Fingers crossed though.

LostVoodoo
14-06-2007, 17:50
does this mean Darren is coming back with her, or do you think they'll split up?

jessicaesutton
16-06-2007, 19:45
I would love Libby, Darren and Ben to come back.

jonni
18-06-2007, 13:59
well perfectblend has mentioned a health related storyline in its spoiler section for susan, which could indicate the return of libby.

scotty
20-06-2007, 13:03
Libby is coming back. Susan becomes ill then Libby returns

Jessie Wallace
20-06-2007, 13:22
Do you have a source for this information?

scotty
20-06-2007, 13:44
It's from another site. It also says that it's mentioned on the actresses website that she is returning.

Jessie Wallace
20-06-2007, 14:14
The only things i can fine are that she is still in negotiations with them, but nothing definate, but i'll keep looking.

Debs
01-07-2007, 12:48
:cheer: its confirmed :cheer:

Kym Valentine has confirmed that she is returning to Neighbours on a permanent basis.

The actress played Libby Kennedy on the Aussie soap for a decade before leaving to tour with the musical Dirty Dancing in 2004.

"I am hugely loyal to the show and I'm ready to go back and do what I love," Kym told the Sunday Herald Sun.

Valentine took a break from acting due to medical reasons after completing work on Dirty Dancing.

"Physically and mentally I needed a rest," she explained. "I discovered I had a hernia in my stomach when I was doing the Sydney season. When I went to hospital after the tour they found I had three hernias. So now I have a 1 1/2 inch scar on my stomach. You won't see me in a bikini on Neighbours."

Hopes
03-07-2007, 02:28
My take on this would be that she simply runs back to her mum and dad after she and darren have a massive argument, one of which has been brewing for some time and she simply has had enough of him so goes back home. But the susan suggestion with her being ill is just as plausible.

adda1
06-07-2007, 17:50
this is fantastic news for the Neighbours cast!

I hope we will be seeing a lot of scenes with her and Taodie and (her best-friend) Steph!
Im sure they have a lot to catch up on!

Chloe-Elise
06-07-2007, 19:25
Aww this is really good news, I liked Libby when she was in it it before, I cant really remember that much about her though.

adda1
09-07-2007, 18:54
Neighbours has never won anything in this country it would be nice for the show to be recongised for a change, and besides it would be nice for the Neighbours cast to visit the UK (again!)

The nominations for this years Natational Television Awards 2007 have been releaed, and here are the nominations that concern Neighbours:

Most Popular Actress
Jackie Woodburne Neighbours (Susan Kennedy) (Number 25)

Most Popular Actor
Alan Fletcher Neighbours (Karl Kennedy) (Number 32)

Most Popular Serial Drama
Neighbours

http://www.nationaltvawards.com/

Spread the word to Neighbours, Alan and Jackie fans!!

Jessie Wallace
29-10-2007, 13:28
When Libby returns to Erinsborough it's at the conclusion of a courtcase involving her mother, Susan (played may I add by the highly under-rated Jackie Woodburne). Libby returns to the street with her son, Ben, presumably now played by an older actor than the baby we last saw.

The first scene for Libby depicts her driving down Ramsay Street as Karl and Susan stand in front of their house, chatting with another neighbour. Her arrival is a surprise to them. I was hoping for symbolic entrance of Libby walking down the middle of the street suitcase in tow, swirling music, but no such luck!

The embrace between Libby and Susan is heartwarming stuff (and you can sense a little sentiment as one of the show's orphans returns to the fold from a maternal, guiding light). Karl distracts himself with Ben.

The bulk of Libby's arrival story over two episodes is a cheerful demeanour disguising an obvious falling-out with husband Darren, still based in regional Shepparton. There are lots of questions about "when's Darren coming?" that Libby dismisses. This is soap, after all. The fact that Shepparton is only a two hour drive from Melbourne and we've never seen Libby since her exit (anniversary DVDs excluded) is of course, overlooked. This is television, after all.

In her first two eps Libby also has a reunion with Toadie, and particularly with Steph, her bosom buddy. These two gals get along like a house on fire and the show will benefit from an obvious on-screen rapport -as with her mother, Susan.

Kym Valentine slips back into Libby with ease. Ten minutes in and it's like she never left. Maybe she shouldn't have. This is regular work, after all.

Neighbours episode 5341

LostVoodoo
29-10-2007, 18:14
sounds good. although what will she say about steph and toadie? i'd like to think she'll be happy with it since they're two of her old friends, but you ever know.

Abigail
11-08-2008, 23:41
Neighbours chiefs have brought in a replacement for Kym Valentine while she recovers from her recent health problems.

Valentine, who plays Libby Kennedy on the Aussie soap, was struck down by pneumonia and suffered a collapsed lung while on a flight from New York to Melbourne last month. Although her condition has improved, she is still not well enough to return to work.

In a bid to minimise disruption to scripts, the show's team have recruited actress Michala Banas to take over as Libby from tomorrow. The surprising arrangement, which is expected to last for a month, was finalised by executive producer Susan Bower this week.

Speaking about handing over the role, Valentine told the Sunday Herald Sun: "It is heartbreaking. It is very, very hard to do, but I am trying to be strong about it and do what is best for me.

"I will be back. Don't you worry about that. I am so grateful for Michala. I am just so happy to be handing the role to her."

Banas is best known in Australia for her role in drama series McLeod's Daughters. In a statement, she admitted that taking over from Valentine would be a huge challenge, adding: "I am going to be Libby, but I am not Kym Valentine."

Valentine joined Neighbours in 1994 and stayed with the show for a decade before leaving to tour with the musical Dirty Dancing. She returned to her Erinsborough role in 2007.

Jessie Wallace
11-08-2008, 23:53
I read this the other day, eek, i don't like the idea of someone else playing her.

Abbie
12-08-2008, 03:25
I really do want her to get better
It will just be werid seeing another actress play her, to me it wont be Libby, even though its still the same character

Katy
12-08-2008, 18:08
It was like when Hayley in Home and Away became ginger overnight. It takes some getting uised to. I can understand if its a permanent replacement but tempory i don't get.

CrazyLea
13-08-2008, 00:12
I hate it when Aus soaps replace actors.. does it all the time in Home and Away.

I hope Kym gets well soon :D.
Least she is coming back.

Ruffed_lemur
13-08-2008, 17:51
No, I don't like actors being replaced. It's weird!

All the best to Kym in her recovery.

Perdita
16-10-2008, 06:04
Neighbours star Kym Valentine has spoken out about her recent battle with a life-threatening illness.

The actress, who plays Libby Kennedy, admitted that she "hit rock bottom" earlier this year after breaking up from husband Fabio Tolli and suffering from pneumonia and a collapsed lung.

Valentine, who is a mother-of-one, revealed in an interview with Women's Day that she feared she might die during a stint in hospital in July.

"My focus right now is me and being as strong, healthy and happy as I can possibly be," said the soap star. "Maybe you have to hit rock bottom before you can climb back up. And I certainly hit rock bottom this past year!"

Speaking about her first bout of illness, which occurred during a flight home from New York, she said: "I don't remember at all what happened. I don't know how the staff saw that I was in danger. I just woke up with them standing around me and I was trying to push this mask off my face.

"Once home, I unpacked my bags, put a load of washing on and went into the bathroom - and got a dreadful shock when I looked in the mirror and suddenly saw I was yellow."

She continued: "I was rushed to the [hospital] observation room. I had dye being injected into me and plugs and tubes hooked up to just about every part of my body.

"They were worried about the swelling around my ankles and legs and explained that because I had been on a long flight and they'd discovered I had pneumonia, they were now concerned the swelling could indicate a blood clot. They were going to operate if that was the case, as there would have been a high risk of it travelling to a major organ, which could kill me."

Valentine's weight fell to 48kg during the ordeal and her daughter Millana was sent to her grandmas. McLeod's Daughter actress Michala Banas temporarily replaced Valentine on the Australian soap to allow her time to recover.

She commented: "I thought I'd let everyone down. But it was the best thing that could have happened. After a month off, I'm now pacing myself in a completely different way."

Perdita
14-01-2009, 12:12
Kym Valentine has revealed that she hasn't watched her 'replacement' on Neighbours.

The actress admitted that she doesn't want to see scenes of Michala Banas playing Libby as it would be too weird.

Banas took over the role of Libby Kennedy temporarily after Valentine was forced to pull out due to a collapsed lung and pneumonia.

"I actually haven't seen any of it," the actress told The Courier Mail.

"Not because of Michala, God bless her, but because the best way I can describe it is that it would be like me watching my boyfriend make out with another woman.

"I've been Libby and Libby's been me for 14 years on and off. We've grown up together."

The actress returns to the soap in a dramatic storyline that sees her swept away in a rafting accident.

"I think it was so clever how they came up with that," she added.

"Michala goes under the water and I pop out. It's great. It's classic soap."
Valentine first joined Ramsay Street in 1994 and returned to the soap in 2007.

*-Rooney-*
14-01-2009, 20:18
i think i can undrstand kim valentines way of thinking about watching someone else play libby.

Katy
14-01-2009, 20:48
Poor Kym, seems like shes had a rough time of it

Jessie Wallace
14-01-2009, 21:04
i love the way she comes back, roll on next week, fab :)

*-Rooney-*
15-01-2009, 12:20
it does sound so great doesnt it

Perdita
17-04-2009, 06:19
Since joining Neighbours in 1994, 31-year-old actress Kym Valentine quickly became a worldwide soap icon for her portrayal of Libby Kennedy. After a three-year break in 2004, she returned to Erinsborough with her screen son Ben (Blake O'Leary) for what was initially intended as a brief reprisal. However, in August last year, she was forced to take a month's break from filming when her lung collapsed from pneumonia, resulting in her close friend Michala Banas taking the reins. Here, DS chats to Kym about her recent illness, Ian Smith's departure and a potential Kennedy reunion.

You recently went off our screens due to illness. Are you now fully recovered?
"Yeah, 100%. I had pneumonia and my right lung collapsed. I had no idea I was so sick! I had a sore back and that was what turned out to be - my lung had collapsed but having danced for such a long time I thought I'd pulled a muscle and I would be okay. I just didn't get it."

Has it given you a new outlook on life?
"Definitely, yeah. Little things happen like I can't increase my life insurance now. Things like that happen and you go 'Jeez! I've got a daughter I have to make sure I'm 100% - for her'.”

What was your daughter's reaction to it all?
"She came to the hospital and it was a bit upsetting for her so I did my best to explain to her what was going on. She thinks my lung broke! When I left to come here she said 'I hope your other lung doesn't break!' Kids compartmentalise it and in her head my lung broke."

What was it like watching Michala Banas play Libby during that time?
"I haven't seen a minute."

Do you want to?
"No. I love Michala but I just couldn't watch it. It'd be very upsetting. I'm so glad it was her, though. Could you imagine if it was someone I didn't like who had to do it? When they first told me, I was so devastated that I didn't talk to anyone. For two days I locked myself in the house and cried hysterically. It's only now in hindsight that I think 'What was I thinking? How did I even think I could keep going?' It was so ridiculous and the producers and the doctors did the best thing for me. I was like a naughty schoolkid and I was told 'No, you're not coming back to work for five weeks!'. They really looked after me. I couldn't see it at the time, though. I couldn't see how sick I was but luckily they could and they did the best thing for me and grounded me! I was under house arrest! I couldn't leave the house, it was hilarious!"

Ian Smith has recently finished filming with Neighbours. How big a loss will he be to the show?
"It's very strange. It's a bit surreal to not have him out there, and Tom Oliver who plays Lou is doing time on/time off, so it is quite weird losing the presence of both of them. It's odd."

Could fans ever hope to see a Kennedy reunion with Mal and Billy?
"I hope so! Well, Mal will come back any time - Benji [McNair]'s just in Melbourne doing theatre so he's readily available. Jesse [Spencer]'s in the US but he was here for Christmas and I spoke to him about it and I asked him if he'd come back and he said 'Of course I would - we're the Kennedys!'"

What's stopping them?
"Well, with Jesse I don't know if his agent wants him to! But Jesse has said to me face-to-face that if he has the time off he would do it because we're family - we'll always be family! We made a pact early on that we would never turn into those people who leave the show and then think they're too good for it. That's bulls**t and people who do that are idiots. I hate it when I see that. Be grateful, you learn so much from it and it's such a great opportunity and we've always been like that. If the opportunity comes and we're all available then yeah, we will. I'll have to talk to him - I'm his big sister so I could make him do it!"

It's good to see that you're back to full strength.
"Yes, I'm better - it's scary though. Every now and then if I feel a bit sick, I panic and I go into lockdown and don't leave the house! I rest for two days and have vitamin C. I'm scared of getting sick again. Hopefully that will never happen again."

Perdita
17-04-2009, 07:30
Second part of interview:

If you had to make a choice between Dan and Drew which would you chose?
"Dan - Drew's dead! He fell off the horse and he died! I do honestly think that Dan is more her match. That's a terrible thing to say... I shouldn't say that! I just think Dan and Libby are very similar like with their careers - they've got a lot more in common, they're both teachers and they're both very articulate and educated. I think maybe Libby and Dan can entertain each other a little bit more, in many different ways, than Libby and Drew could."

What can we expect from Libby’s recent move into the ‘House of Trouser’/No.30?
"Oh! The House of Trouser! I love it when I get to show Libby's sense of humour and her quirky side. That really comes out with me and Ryan [Moloney]. In real life, we have a very similar sense of humour and we make each other laugh so hard. Most of the time, the rest of the room will be scratching their heads thinking 'What's so funny?!'"

It’s fair to say Libby and Dan’s relationship hasn't run smoothly. What does the future hold for them?
"There's so much coming up - you're going to die! It's crazy! Because we found out that Sam's baby wasn't Dan's and when Libby sees how upset Dan is about it all, she desperately wants him to have his own child. So for the next few months, we've got this long-term storyline based around Libby wanting to have a baby with Dan which we all know is incredibly risky because she could die if she has another baby.

"Also, there's some stuff I can't even talk about that I've only just found out about. There's big stuff coming - big stuff. You'll have to wait and see it in context, though. You have to see the whole journey because when you hear little bits and pieces you think 'What?!” It's very exciting though!"

If you weren’t an actress, what would you have been?
"I can't say that! We have a joke but I can't say it!"

Go on...
"We just have this ongoing joke that if I wasn't doing Neighbours I'd be a stripper! I'm always in boots. I love my boots and heels and I dance so... It's just a silly joke we say all the time! Either that or I'd probably be singing."

Any chance of a link-up with Alan Fletcher in the near future?
"I do actually gig at the same place that Daddy [Alan Fletcher] does but I come on earlier and I'll do an acoustic set with just me and one guitarist. It's all very cruisy, a bit folky and low key. Then Daddy will come out later on with his huge band. He's a real rock star! He's so good and he's so entertaining. People go nuts for it. Maybe next time Daddy tours I'll come with him. I could just be like the opening act and I'll get up and do an acoustic set."

Maybe you could get them in for a guest spot?
"I wish! That would be awesome! Also, I can't say her name... Mariska Hargitay - the lady from Law & Order: SVU. I think she's amazing!

Have you had any iconic guest appearance recently?
"We had André Rieu the violinist - people went bananas for him. Every now and then we get a guest on the show."

You had a wrestler didn't you...
"Yeah, Batista. And Shane Warne the cricketer. We get a few people. We had the Pet Shop Boys on, too. Oh, and Coldplay were going to but they didn't have time! Chris Martin loves Neighbours! He invited us to the show and we got to go and see the concert and meet them afterwards!”

Who have you learned most from during your time on Neighbours?
"Well, of course I've learned so much about acting. It's like an apprenticeship as opposed to learning at school. It's been a real hands-on experience and every day I get to experiment and try different things. That's probably been the greatest gift - trying new things in such a safe environment."

"Then having Jackie [Woodburne] and Alan [Fletcher] as parents and as role models in life as well. They've had a huge impact on who I've turned out to be. I'm so lucky. They're wonderful! We say to each other all the time 'How lucky are we that we've got each other?' because we could have ended up with who knows what!"

How long can you see yourself staying with Neighbours?
"I don't know. As long as they keep writing such interesting stuff. I've never gotten bored. I keep thinking 'What are they going to do next, surely they've run out of things for Libby', but they keep coming up with interesting material and it's a challenge to me to always make it different. I love my job. My mum always said that if you can make a living doing what you love, you're one of the luckiest people in the world. And that's what I get to do. I don't have much to complain about!"

Ruffed_lemur
17-04-2009, 18:46
Thanks for posting that Perdita. Great interview. Kym sounds really nice!

warduria
13-10-2009, 09:35
Thanks your information, that's great.
Little Tom: Your mother wants you to take home supernatural box set (http://www.dvdsetcollection.com/products/Supernatural-Seasons-1-4-DVD-Boxset-cartoon-1626.html)|the sopranos dvd box set (http://www.dvdsetcollection.com/products/The-Sopranos-Seasons-1-6-DVD-Boxset-D9-cartoon-1607.html)|House M.D dvd sets (http://www.dvdsetcollection.com/products/House-MD-Seasons-1-5-DVD-Boxset-cartoon-1581.html). Be quick, she is waiting.

Perdita
08-07-2010, 05:48
Neighbours star Kym Valentine has been rushed to hospital.

The 33-year-old actress, who plays Libby Kennedy in the Australian soap, was on a two week break from filming when she was taken to a Melbourne hospital and found to have a serious blood clot on her lung.

Executive producer of the show Susan Bower told The Daily Telegraph: "Unfortunately it is that time of year when people are prone to illness. We wish Kym a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing her next week when we return from a production break."

In 2008, Valentine was temporarily replaced on the show by actress Michala Banas when she suffered a collapsed lung on a flight from the US to Australia.

I wish her a speedy recovery :(

Perdita
15-07-2010, 16:36
Neighbours star Kym Valentine has returned to work following her recent health scare.

The actress, who plays Ramsay Street favourite Libby Kennedy, was last week found to have a blood clot on her lung after being rushed to hospital.

However, a Neighbours spokesperson has now told Holy Soap that the 33-year-old is recovering well and is filming scenes again.

The representative said: "She's improving and feeling a lot better than she did - she is back at work."

Reports suggest that Valentine is likely to be on a restricted filming schedule for the time being.

Good news :)

Ruffed_lemur
15-07-2010, 18:04
Great to hear she's feeling better. :)

tammyy2j
16-07-2010, 10:26
She always seems to be sick she must have a low immune system {Dr. Tammy :p } - anyways glad she is back at work and feeling better

Perdita
20-07-2010, 10:42
Neighbours star Kym Valentine has revealed that her character Libby Kennedy feels "nothing but hate" for Steph Scully after the truth about the mechanic's unborn baby is revealed.

Earlier this year, Steph (Carla Bonner) staged a sham reunion with Jarrod 'Toadie' Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney) in a bid to prevent anyone from finding out that Libby's ex-husband Dan Fitzgerald is the father of her child.

However, on Australian screens next week, Steph and Toadie's deception will finally be revealed to Libby and the rest of Ramsay Street in dramatic circumstances.

Teasing the plot climax, Valentine told TV Week: "Libby is numb at first, almost beyond feeling anything. She's trying to digest what she's actually heard. Now that the secret's out, there will be a whole different range of issues for everyone to deal with."

The actress added that Libby will later unleash her fury when Steph begs for forgiveness. She explained: "In that instant, Libby feels nothing but hate for Steph. How could she have done this to her - the one thing she could never do for Dan, have a baby? She's seething."

Valentine's screen father Alan Fletcher (Karl Kennedy) recently said that Ramsay Street will be "torn apart" in the aftermath of the revelation.

LostVoodoo
21-07-2010, 19:58
i feel like libby might have taken it better if she had known from the start but instead she's lied for so long and got so many people involved.

Perdita
28-03-2011, 15:21
Kym Valentine has confirmed that her Neighbours character Libby Kennedy will have a new attitude when she returns to Ramsay Street.

Libby has been absent from screens in recent weeks, reflecting the time that Valentine spent away from the show during a stint in hospital. Upon her return to filming earlier this year, the actress explained that she had experienced "a series of private emotional and physical issues" but was feeling much better.

In a new interview with TV Week, Valentine revealed that Libby returns to the street following a stint in a health retreat, where she has been learning the "art of Zen".

Valentine told the magazine: "She's now refusing to judge anyone, and wants to detach from negativity. Susan thinks it's just another phase."

Discussing what is to come from Libby this year, she added: "She looks at her situation - single mum, still living with her parents - and starts to focus on her career at the school."

The actress also refused to rule out a return for Libby's son Ben, who departed Ramsay Street last year.

She said: "He's still in the script, so never say never."

DS

LostVoodoo
28-03-2011, 18:44
Ben will be back with a new head as a teenager any time soon!

Perdita
16-04-2011, 06:52
Kym Valentine has taken indefinite leave from Neighbours.

The actress is said to be recovering from a depressive illness following a series of health issues.

Executive producer Susan Bower explained that the soap star has the full support of the production team.

She said: "Kym is a much-loved member of the Ramsay St family and her health is our paramount concern.

"We wish her all the best with her recovery and we'll continue to provide support where appropriate."

Valentine, who plays Libby Kennedy in the drama, came down with pneumonia in 2008 and a collapsed lung on a flight from the US to Melbourne.

After taking a month off, she returned to the show in July last year but was admitted to hospital with a blood clot in her lungs. In December she checked herself into a private hospital suffering from exhaustion.

Valentine returned to Neighbours in January but has had health problems once again.

The character of Libby has been written out of the show in what a source described as a "nice and neat way".

The insider explained: "It has been done so when she is ready to return she can walk straight back into the show."

Hope she gets better again real quick

Dazzle
16-04-2011, 16:08
Poor Kym :( , hope she gets well soon. I've been missing her in Neighbours.

tammyy2j
18-04-2011, 14:12
She is having a really awful time of it

Perdita
25-07-2013, 11:12
Neighbours star Kym Valentine is reportedly suing the producers of the long-running soap, alleging that they subjected her to sex and disability discrimination.

Valentine, who played Libby Kennedy on and off from 1994 until 2011 has suffered a number of health problems and has not appeared on the show since taking sick leave two years ago.

However, the actress is now seeking compensation for lost wages and "pain, hurt, suffering and humiliation", as well as an acknowledgement that she suffered unlawful discrimination and an apology, The Agereports. It is thought that she also wants to be rehired as Libby.

She argues that production company FremantleMedia Australia, legal director Steven Rosser and former Neighbours producers Susan Bower and Neal Kingston engaged in unlawful discrimination.

Valentine claims that FremantleMedia failed to provide "a working environment that was safe" and that it breached "the relationship of trust and confidence".

In 2008, she contracted pneumonia, then suffered a collapsed lung on a flight from the US to Melbourne.

Bower then forced her to take a one-month break, casting Michala Banas to temporarily play Libby.

Valentine said at the time: "I went into the bathroom and just sobbed myself stupid. Libby is like my partner. She's been with me for 14 years.

"It was like being told your boyfriend was going to be intimate with someone else and you not only had to deal with it, but be happy about it."

A spokesperson for FremantleMedia said: "We don't comment on matters before the courts."

Perdita
17-10-2013, 11:07
Former Neighbours star Kym Valentine has taken to Twitter to round up support for her character Libby Kennedy's return.

The actress has not appeared on the soap since 2011, when she took sick leave after suffering a number of health problems.

She has since attempted to sue the producers of the long-running soap, alleging that they subjected her to sex and disability discrimination.

Valentine previously claimed on Twitter that she had asked her followers whether Libby should return to Neighbours but that her tweet and the replies were deleted.

The actress has since written to a follower: "If I was wanted the show's producers would ask me if I was available. But who they want back can be who you guys want back!"

She later told another user: "It was reported that I'm demanding my job back! Which would be hilarious but pointless. Its not my call, that's up to all of you."

In another tweet, Valentine added: "Once a Kennedy always a Kennedy."

Valentine played Libby intermittently for 17 years after joining the show in 1994.

Perdita
05-11-2015, 08:42
Former Neighbours star Kym Valentine is set to become a mum again.

The 38-year-old, who shot to stardom playing Libby Kennedy on the iconic Aussie TV show, revealed her happy news to Woman’s Day this week, telling us that she and her former AFL-playing fiance Trent Croad feel “blessed beyond belief”.

Jetting off on a secret tropical holiday to Hayman Island, 35-year-old Trent – who played for Hawthorn and Fremantle - is clearly over the moon at the news of his impending arrival, planting a tender kiss on Kym’s belly.

Kym is revelling in the exciting news that she's about to be a mum again.Kym is revelling in the exciting news that she's about to be a mum again.

"To be here with each other at this point in our lives is everything that happiness looks and feels like to us," Kym tells us.

The baby, who is due in April, will be a little brother or sister to 11-year-old Millana, Kym’s daughter from a former marriage to Fabio Tolli, and Kiera, eight, and Sierra, six, who are Trent’s children with ex-wife Tanya Stewart.

I met her on a Neighbours tour, she is lovely, would love for her to make a return but excited at these news :cheer:

Perdita
31-03-2016, 06:23
Congrats to ex-Neighbours star Kym Valentine and hubby Trent on the birth of their baby boy Phoenix!

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/12928262_10154148622409684_2850400571546895112_n.j pg?oh=5e6e2e3a8965116bc75b1661d11f60f2&oe=578438FE

Love the name :D

tammyy2j
21-04-2017, 23:55
Where is Ben's mother Libby at now?

Perdita
22-04-2017, 04:23
Where is Ben's mother Libby at now?

I think she moved to another country

Emmy15
22-04-2017, 08:42
She's in China...teaching there i think