PDA

View Full Version : Britain's got talent!!

Siobhan
11-06-2007, 12:00
Has anyone been watching this the last two days?? it is really good and very very funny in parts.. Love the guy Damien with the monkey doing micheal Jackson.. I never laughed so much :rotfl::rotfl:. The guy (paul I think) who sells phones has an amazing voice and the young guy doing baton twirling was brilliant.

Funny was the knife thrower with the shakes and the woman with the cats :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.. I will be watching for rest of week (ps... doesn't interfer with any BB if anyone wants to tune in) Simon Cowell, Piers Morgan and Amanda Holden are the judges. gotta love the buzzers

Bad Wolf
11-06-2007, 13:31
watched it last night - it is THE funniest show on tv!

some of it is heart wrenching though - like the comedian from manchester whose dad has parkinsons

the cat lady was hysterical

Jessie Wallace
11-06-2007, 15:28
I've watched them both, i love it, and i thought i'd hate Amanda in it, but she's actually ok, where as Pierce is just so annoying, i can't stand that man.

Siobhan
11-06-2007, 15:33
I've watched them both, i love it, and i thought i'd hate Amanda in it, but she's actually ok, where as Pierce is just so annoying, i can't stand that man.

Yeah I was the same.. thought I would hate amanda but she is alright.. can't wait to see it tonight. do you know if we get to see who is picked??

Jessie Wallace
11-06-2007, 16:19
I have no idea, but even better i've only got 1 late shift this week, so i can see nearly all the shows this week :D

Siobhan
11-06-2007, 16:22
I have no idea, but even better i've only got 1 late shift this week, so i can see nearly all the shows this week :D

I won't be watching all of wednesday cause apprentice final is on at the same time

Jessie Wallace
11-06-2007, 16:27
Not something i've watched. When is the RVP?

Siobhan
12-06-2007, 09:05
Did you see that 6 year old last night singing somewhere over the rainbow.. how amazing was her voice for a little girl?? I was expecting her to sing like charley who comes from her mothers school of singing "if you can't sing good, sing loud"....

some of the acts were just really really bad.. and the Kitkat dolls were so funny...

Xx-Vicky-xX
12-06-2007, 09:12
I love this show it is so funny, and bless that little girl, id love her to win she was fab

Footie_Chick
12-06-2007, 10:43
It was great last night, little Connie was amazing, didn't expect her to sing like that, don't think Simon did either, sure he thought it was just another little kid coming on the show.

Also enjoyed Scott's performance the breakdancer who had never been to an audition before.

Trinity
12-06-2007, 12:50
The 6 year old singer stole the show.

The 79 year old tap dancer was fun. The bloody magician guy was priceless.

The rest was mince - especially the items with animals and magicians.

Siobhan
12-06-2007, 12:53
Well the semi are on Thursday and friday and the final is apparently on Sunday.. I really like this show.. that couple was really good.. the strenght they had was amazing..

Trinity
12-06-2007, 13:17
Well the semi are on Thursday and friday and the final is apparently on Sunday.. I really like this show.. that couple was really good.. the strenght they had was amazing..

I forgot about them! The girl was supporting the guy totally - and he was a big lad! Freakily strong!

Layne
12-06-2007, 18:20
I love this show :) I think its great, there have been loads of great acts, a few of my favs...
The scary dancing group
The boy who did majorettes
The impressionist who did it for his dad
The michael jackson monkey
And Connie :wub: She was actually amazing

(sorry for not knowing the names, i'm rubbish!)

I will definatly be watching till the end!

Luna
12-06-2007, 19:21
apparently shabaz from bb is going to be on tonight:eek: :eek:

Xx-Vicky-xX
12-06-2007, 20:00
I loved the Michael Jackson Monkey thing they had on there on saturday he was very good, its going to be hard to decide who wins that there are some very good acts, oh i did love that impressionist who did Tony Blair and Chris Tarrant

Debs
12-06-2007, 21:08
darn it, i tuned in on satruday 1 didnt realise it was on every night

Jessie Wallace
12-06-2007, 22:23
Liked the last guy tonight. I'm with Simon with the Kid Drummer, yeh your great, but i know loads of great drummers.

Katy
13-06-2007, 08:49
that was well funny. Piers and Simon dont really get on i dont think.

My favourite has been the impressionist from Manchester and The guy that was on last night from London that sung the song that he wrote and wwas playing the guitar. He was amazing.

Siobhan
13-06-2007, 09:54
Liked the last guy tonight. I'm with Simon with the Kid Drummer, yeh your great, but i know loads of great drummers.

it was funny Ant and Dec doing lets get ready rumble.. you know the kid won't make the semi.. they are been announced tonight

Out of all I have seen so far, Damien (guys with monkey), carphone warehouse singer, Connie (6 year old) and Tony (guy with the guitar last night) really deserve to get into the finals.. I would love to see them all do the royal variety show..

Scorpio_Girl
13-06-2007, 23:30
apparently shabaz from bb is going to be on tonight:eek: :eek:
It was aired on the ITV2 channel and it was hilarious!!!!

Her talent was to be a presenter and she was starting off like
'hello everyone, this show is called britain's got talent! So i want you to say britain's got talent, So britain's got what? *audience say nothing but quietly laugh* 3 BUZZERS SOUND! :rotfl:

She's exactly what i imagined her to be. An. Idiot.

CrazyLea
14-06-2007, 00:19
I watched this tonight and last night.

Loved that little girl who sang the song from My Fair Lady. She was so cute and so good bless her. Good acting from her too.

Some of them made me laugh, like that woman who did the hip-hop. Can't believe they put her through!! Didn't think Simon "the sex" Cowell *coughs* would have agreed to that.

I also must say that Ant & Dec are really good on this, make it that little more entertaining.

Siobhan
14-06-2007, 08:59
Ant and Dec are fantastic on this.. I love watching them.. they should do the X factor...
I am so glad that Damien, Paul, Connie and Tony got through.. so so pleased for them.. they were really really good... Damien and Paul to get through tonight

I was very very suprised at some of the acts they let through.. I wouldn't find them entertaining especially the keyboard impressionist singer.. he was dreadful.. I agree with Simon.. he should not go through

Katy
14-06-2007, 10:31
My favourites the impressionist.

I think they made most of the right decisions, on putting people through to the semi finals. Im glad they changed there mind on that little boy, the comic one, he was hilarious.

Siobhan
14-06-2007, 10:46
I found him annoying... not funny.. maybe that is just me

Abbie
14-06-2007, 10:49
All the acts that I wanted to get through got through, so im happy :D

Xx-Vicky-xX
14-06-2007, 13:30
Really glad the impressionist/Michael Jackson puppet/Connie got through. This is the stage where these sort of shows go down hill now so i dont think tonight will be much good but hey i will still watch it.

pinkfirefly
14-06-2007, 14:03
I was sad the kid who danced didn't get through (sorry can't remember his name) he had a red jumper & a cap on, I thought he was great.

Ant & Dec are so funny, they definately make the show.

megan999
14-06-2007, 14:43
The Madonna/hip hop woman SHOULD NOT have got through. She was crap:nono:. The girl who did My Fair Lady was excellent:cheer:, I love that film. Ant and Dec are great. I am surprised that I like Amanda and Piers on this programme. Normally I can't stand them! :lol:

Siobhan
15-06-2007, 09:23
I am so happy.. my two guys got through last night Damon and Paul.. Definitely Paul to win this. that guy has an amazing voice.. Now all I need is Tony and Connie to get through and they are my 4 favs

alan45
15-06-2007, 09:28
The Madonna/hip hop woman SHOULD NOT have got through. She was crap:nono:. The girl who did My Fair Lady was excellent:cheer:, I love that film. Ant and Dec are great. I am surprised that I like Amanda and Piers on this programme. Normally I can't stand them! :lol:
Just WTF did she look like. Im no oil painting but she was gross and could neither sing nor dance. I suppose she got the sympathy vote. Disappointed the little kid didnt make it through last night, The monkey was funnier than its handler. The opera singer was fantastic. I normally never watch programmes like this but its good entertainment

Siobhan
15-06-2007, 09:31
I could have done what that woman did and claim I am the next madonna.. she was dreadful. Agreed Alan, monkey was funnier than owner but in auditions he made me laugh so much that I have been telling everyone about him all week

Katy
15-06-2007, 09:56
i think he was great in the auditions and am glad damon got through. I did want Dominic, but i supose out of all of the Paul and Damon were the best. That kid will definitly make it, he was amazing.

Johnny Allen
16-06-2007, 14:47
Oh Im disappointed for Craig he was very good. This is such an entertaining show, love Piers Morgan and Simon Cowell's banter.

Katy
16-06-2007, 15:40
I much preffered Craig to the Little girl, i found her rather irritating.

Jojo
16-06-2007, 15:49
A contestant on ITV's Britain's Got Talent show has been withdrawn after police alerted producers that he was on the sex offenders' register.

Lancashire Police contacted ITV after being made aware that Richard Bates, 27, of Blackpool, was taking part in the variety talent show.

A police spokesman said there were concerns the programme might be seen by the victim or the victim's family.

The Home Office said Bates would be removed from the register next month.

A spokesman said he was placed on the sex offenders' register and given a two-year conditional discharge when he was sentenced at Preston Crown Court in December 2005.

No further details of the offence have been given.

An ITV spokeswoman confirmed that the impressionist had agreed with producers to step down from the competition.

'In no-one's interest'

A police spokesman said: "There were concerns that with him being on the programme he might be seen by his victim or the victim's family and there would be consequences from that.

"Lancashire Police spoke with the producers and suggested that it would not be in anyone's interests for him to continue with the programme."

The final of Britain's Got Talent, in which Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden and Piers Morgan act as judges, will be held on Sunday.

The show has proved a ratings success for ITV, with audience figures steadily rising during its week-long run. Friday's episode was watched by an average of 8.9 million people.

Katy
16-06-2007, 15:51
i saw that it was on the front of the Mirror. He left due to having a broken hand, turns out he didnt was on the register and it had all come out. Its been found quite quick though, i suppose.

pinkles14
16-06-2007, 21:58
I Like the girl who did my fair lady i think she was good..
why did the judge's put Dr Gore in the semi final as he was rubbish someone else could of had his place....
The final is on tomorrow night...

Katy
17-06-2007, 12:51
that Dr Gore really shouldnt be on a family show. It was digusting.

x Amby x
17-06-2007, 15:23
i want either Connie or Damon to win! i think they're amazing! i was so annoyed that Dominic and Jake Pratt didnt get through tho!

Pinkbanana
17-06-2007, 21:49
Watched the final, and have to say the last two acts were really super...either the little girl, Connie, or the opera fella, Paul, to win!

Jessie Wallace
17-06-2007, 23:05
I kinda hoped that Connie would win, i'm just happy that Bessie didn't, yes she is good, but shouldn't have been in the final. Love the Barwizards, i'd like to go see them live.

Chloe O'brien
17-06-2007, 23:38
Cogratulations to Paul a wonderful performance. I was rooting for Damon and his monkey and for sweet little connie.

alan45
18-06-2007, 01:00
The best man won in the end although I thought the guy with the guitar should have made the finals

Siobhan
18-06-2007, 09:32
I kinda hoped that Connie would win, i'm just happy that Bessie didn't, yes she is good, but shouldn't have been in the final. Love the Barwizards, i'd like to go see them live.

thank you dawny.. she was good but she was also very very annoying.. Delighted Paul won in the end, he was fantastic!!!! there was stuff in the paper given out about him saying he was training.. course he was, you don't become an opera singer in your room... but he was never ever professional so I am delighted he won
Was disappointed for Damon and Connie who were my other to favs to win

Luna
18-06-2007, 09:59
paul made me cry!!! so glad he won - i know what you mean about bessie she was good but the problem was that she knew she was good!!

I am actually glad connie didnt win she was far too young - although cute - has anyone noticed how much connie looks like like maddie mccann???

Xx-Vicky-xX
18-06-2007, 11:16
I was torn between Connie/Bar wizards/Bubbles to win lastnight, Connie was sweet and stuff and i think the Queen would have loved her but Bar Wizards and Bubbles were very entertaining and the sort of act you need on a variety performance.

Jessie Wallace
18-06-2007, 12:20
I am actually glad connie didnt win she was far too young - although cute - has anyone noticed how much connie looks like like maddie mccann???

Yes i'd noticed that too. I just thought she was so good when she didn't win, i was watching her at the side of the stage, and she was clapping and everything. If it was me i'd have been crying and everything, and for a 6 year old i think that's so good. She wasn't on the itv2 show because she was upset, but to hold it until the live show had finnished, is just like wow.

Layne
18-06-2007, 13:51
For me it was between the Bar Wizzards,Paul,Kombat Breakers and Connie.
But i think Paul really desevred it so i am glad he won :)

DaVeyWaVey
18-06-2007, 13:51
Britain's Got Talent brought an average 11 million viewers to ITV1 last night, giving the channel a 43.7% share in the 8pm hour.

The final of the talent contest peaked with an audience of 13.5 million and a 51.7% share at 9pm.

The 10pm results show, which saw opera singer Paul Potts named as the winner, averaged 10.6 million and a 44.7% share. The half-hour programme peaked at 11.2 million and a 48.4% share in the final 15-minutes.

The co-production between Talkback Thames and Syco has built its audience from 4.9 million for the opening show. Over its run it has averaged 8 million and a 33.6% share.

By comparison, Channel 4's Big Brother took 3.2 million and a 12.5% share in the 9pm hour last night.

Abbie
18-06-2007, 15:37
So glad that Paul won he really deserved. He is really is one of those people that had a hidden talent like many of the people on that show

megan999
18-06-2007, 17:34
I wanted Bessie to win. IMO she is the most talented - she can sing, dance and act. However, Paul was my second favourite, so well done to him :cheer:

Katy
18-06-2007, 19:22
she was briliant, really grown up about it i think she has a big future. I am really chuffed Paul won, he has such a great voice from a carphen warehouse shop assistna to that is some aceivement.

Chloe O'brien
18-06-2007, 22:23
I don't think it would have been good for Connie had she won. Yes she sang beautifully but she is only 6 years old and her life would be ruined by fame. Many years ago they had a talent contest on called Opportunity knocks and there was a young girl aged 9 Lena Zavaroni who captured the nations heart and went on to be a big star, but fame ruined her life she ended up being anorexic and eventually dying from the it.

Connie does have a future as a star but let her grow up normally first who knows maybe in 10 or 15 years time she will be making millions.

CrazyLea
18-06-2007, 23:17
I was reading in the paper today.. The Sun.. that Simon might be interested in giving Connie a deal... didn't read it properly.. but he said that she could easily make a million this year, and bookies are saying high odds that she'll have a number one, and possibly christmas number one. I agree with you though Kath, she's too young for fame I think..

Bless her though, in the paper the other day, her mother said that she wanted to give her money, if she won BGT, to the children in Africa..

Jessie Wallace
18-06-2007, 23:45
Why is she too young. There are sooooo many young tallent's out there and they don't go off the rails, so why should she? From what i've seen of her, she is well grounded

CrazyLea
18-06-2007, 23:54
Yeah at the moment. But like Kath said she is 6..
Think of some of the other young stars that have been out there.. like Charlotte Church, Drew Barrymore, Lindsay Lohan.. all kinda went off...

Although Drew is back normal now :cool: :p.

But the majority of young stars go bad, at some point.

Jessie Wallace
19-06-2007, 00:11
What's up with Charlotte Church? Yes Lindsay and Drew, but that's America, it's totally different out there. Think how many child actors over here, that are now adults and are doing just fine.

Katy
19-06-2007, 08:36
i htink its completley different over in america, they feel if the are a child star they need to go off therails as thats whats meant to happen. I think she seems pretty mature for a six year old and shes still very young so listen to what mum and dad say.

Luna
20-06-2007, 13:11
Britain's Got Talent winner Paul Potts has signed a £1 million record deal with Simon Cowell.

The 36-year-old former mobile phone salesman will start recording for Cowell's Syco Music label next week.

Cowell promised Potts a record deal on Britain's Got Talent's live final after he won the variety competition with his rendition of Puccini's 'Nessun Dorma'.

Potts said: "I'm over the moon - I can't believe any of this. Simon's been true to his word and this has given me the most amazing opportunity. None of this has sunk in yet."