PDA

View Full Version : Minogue, Friedman join 'The X Factor'

Luna
04-06-2007, 12:11
Dannii Minogue and Brian Friedman are to replace Louis Walsh on The X Factor's judging panel.

They will join existing judges Simon Cowell and Sharon Osbourne when the TV singing contest returns in August. Dermot O'Leary will make his debut as the show's host.

Choreographer Friedman, who is currently appearing on ITV1's Grease Is The Word, said: "I’m flattered to be offered such a coveted position. After the warm welcome the UK has already given me, I’m overjoyed to be extending my stay to work on this exciting new endeavour.”

Minogue, who has scored 19 hit singles since launching her pop career in 1991, vowed to match the notoriously aggressive Cowell, saying: "I can’t wait to be part of The X Factor team and get up close and personal on a daily basis with Simon.

"But he’d better watch out because when it comes to mentoring the acts the gloves will definitely be off. Just because I’m the new girl I won’t be a pushover – he’ll soon see my competitive streak."

Paul Jackson, ITV's director of entertainment and comedy, added: “We’re delighted we’ve managed to secure two new judges who between them have such a wealth of talent and experience.

“We’re sure that they, with Simon and Sharon, and Dermot as host, will prove to be a winning combination and will take The X Factor to a whole new level.”

tammyy2j
07-06-2007, 14:00
Both are useless replacements.

He is a dance coach expert what does he know about singing and she didn't have a great career.

I would prefer if they got a proper judge to replace Louis like Simon Fuller, Mutt Lange or even dare i say it David Gest

Abigail
07-06-2007, 14:03
I can't stand Dermot O'Leary, he's a rubbish presenter. Bring back Kate Thornton. Danni Minogue sounds like a right cow from what she's said there.

megan999
14-06-2007, 14:49
I can't stand Dermot O'Leary, he's a rubbish presenter. Bring back Kate Thornton. Danni Minogue sounds like a right cow from what she's said there.

I agree, I think Kate Thornton was good. More likeable than Cat Deeley even. I hope all these changes will be for the better. Don't know much about Danni Minogue as a person, but sounds like she'll be given Simon Cowell a run for his money :rolleyes:

pookie1968uk
14-06-2007, 19:10
i dont undestand having a choreographer judging a singing competition. the x factor is all about singing and not at all about dancing. and since when has danni minogue been an expert to judge singing ability. stupid if you ask me!

Chloe O'brien
31-07-2007, 20:11
A soldier who served in Iraq is already being tipped as a potential winner of the new X Factor series.

Izi, 22, visited the Wales auditions and caused a stir in the waiting area before impressing the judges with a performance of Lean On Me, which he followed up with another Bill Withers hit, Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone.

Simon Cowell, Sharon Osbourne, Louis Walsh and new judge Dannii Minogue have already put him through to the boot camp stage, and believe that he has the potential to go all the way.

A show source told the Daily Star: "It's the first time we've had a soldier. He arrived at the auditions in Wales dressed in combats and he raised quite a few eyebrows. He's very good looking and everyone was buzzing around him when they found out that he had served in Iraq, telling him how brave he was.

"The judges were amazed by his talents. He is certainly a fave for the final. And he'll be a natural for the X Factor boot camp."