PDA

View Full Version : The British Soap Awards

Pinkbanana
26-05-2007, 23:33
British Soap Awards- Full List Of Winners

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEXIEST MALE- Rob James Collier (Liam Connor in Coronation Street)
SEXIEST FEMALE- Roxanne McKee (Louise Summers in Hollyoaks)
VILLAN OF THE YEAR- Gemma Bissix (Clare Cunningham in Hollyoaks)
BEST ACTOR- Anthony Cotton (Sean Tully in Coronation Street)
BEST ACTRESS- Kate Ford (Tracy Barlow in Coronation Street)
BEST COMEDY PERFORMANCE- Gemma Merna (Carmel McQueen in Hollyoaks)
BEST NEWCOMER- Kym Ryder (Michelle Connor in Coronation Street)
SPECTACTULAR SCENE OF THE YEAR- Emmerdale House Collapse
BEST ON-SCREEN PARTNERSHIP- Stirling Gallacher and Sean Gleeson (George and Ronnie Woodson in Doctors)
BEST SINGLE EPISODE- SHREDS and AFTERMATHS in Doctors
BEST EXIT- Bill Ward (Charlie Stubbs in Coronation Street)
BEST DRAMATIC PERFORMANCE- Lacey Turner (Stacey Slater in EastEnders)
BEST DRAMATIC PERFORMANCE FROM A YOUNG ACTOR OR ACTRESS- Eden Taylor Draper (Belle Dingle in Emmerdale)
BEST STORYLINE- Charlie's cheating and Tracy's revenge in Coronation Street (Bill Ward, Kate Ford and Samia Smith)
SPECIAL ACHEVIMENT AWARD- Tony Jordan
LIFETIME ACHEVIMENT AWARD- Wendy Richard
BEST SOAP- Coronation Street
If incorrect, dont shoot me, I plagiarised this post from DS.

Jessie Wallace
26-05-2007, 23:48
Woooo go Doctors, that twice now recently that dramas that don't normaly get the recognision have, with Casualty the other day, and then Doctors winning 2 today :D

alan45
26-05-2007, 23:59

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEXIEST MALE- Rob James Collier (Liam Connor in Coronation Street)Does nothing for me
SEXIEST FEMALE- Roxanne McKee (Louise Summers in Hollyoaks)What is Hollyoaks
VILLAN OF THE YEAR- Gemma Bissix (Clare Cunningham in Hollyoaks))What is Hollyoaks

BEST ACTOR- Anthony Cotton (Sean Tully in Coronation Street)The Pink vote wins
BEST ACTRESS- Kate Ford (Tracy Barlow in Coronation Street)WHAT THE *******
BEST COMEDY PERFORMANCE- Gemma Merna (Carmel McQueen in Hollyoaks))What is Hollyoaks

BEST NEWCOMER- Kym Ryder (Michelle Connor in Coronation Street)Well deserved
SPECTACTULAR SCENE OF THE YEAR- Emmerdale House Collapse)Well deserved
BEST ON-SCREEN PARTNERSHIP- Stirling Gallacher and Sean Gleeson (George and Ronnie Woodson in Doctors)Doctors what is it?????
BEST SINGLE EPISODE- SHREDS and AFTERMATHS in Doctors[)Doctors what is it?????

BEST EXIT- Bill Ward (Charlie Stubbs in Coronation Street
BEST DRAMATIC PERFORMANCE- Lacey Turner (Stacey Slater in EastEnders):rotfl: :lol: :rotfl: :lol: :rotfl: :lol: What a waste of space
BEST DRAMATIC PERFORMANCE FROM A YOUNG ACTOR OR ACTRESS- Eden Taylor Draper (Belle Dingle in Emmerdale)Well deserved
BEST STORYLINE- Charlie's cheating and Tracy's revenge in Coronation Street (Bill Ward, Kate Ford and Samia Smith)No way
SPECIAL ACHEVIMENT AWARD- Tony Jordan
LIFETIME ACHEVIMENT AWARD- Wendy Richard Totally deserved and she left the sinking ship
BEST SOAP- Coronation Street) Well Deserved but Emmerdale was much superiorIf incorrect, dont shoot me, I plagiarised this post from DS.

Oh dear all the multipal voters on another board will be so disappointed. No doubt there will be loads of ITV conspiacy threads

Jessie Wallace
27-05-2007, 07:18
BEST ON-SCREEN PARTNERSHIP- Stirling Gallacher and Sean Gleeson (George and Ronnie Woodson in Doctors)Doctors what is it?????

BEST SINGLE EPISODE- SHREDS and AFTERMATHS in Doctors[)Doctors what is it?????

Try watching an episode Alan, it's better than Corrie and all that! IMH

Bryan
27-05-2007, 14:40
well done Corrie for getting the recognition you deserve, there are obviously some noticable travesties - Hollyoaks deserved a fair few more than they got (people please watch it before slating it or labelling it as a "teen soap").

I'm glad Eastenders only got one, maybe they will realise they need to sort themselves out a bit in future - for once the public have made the right decisions with their voting.

Katy
27-05-2007, 15:27
Eastenders 1 award, finally it wasnt a whitewash like usually. The really wont be very happy. Hollyoaks have done really well, i thought they definitly deserve the ones they won especially Gemma Bissex as Claire.

JustJodi
27-05-2007, 15:59
Life time achievement,, Wendy Richards,, well done old girl !!! you got outta there in a nick of time...
EE is gonna have to sit up and take notice that they are not pulling in awards left and right like they used to..And start wondering why:hmm:
As for DOCTORS,, way cool,, I like the show,, its neat ...:D

Pinkbanana
27-05-2007, 18:49
Have to say a little disappointed in Enders only walking away with one award - BEST DRAMATIC PERFORMANCE- Lacey Turner - though not entirely surprised. :)

Chloe O'brien
27-05-2007, 21:12
I'm surprised that Eastenders only got 1 award. I would have expected them to win best baddie with Stella.

alan45
27-05-2007, 21:19
I'm surprised that Eastenders only got 1 award. I would have expected them to win best baddie with Stella.I think she was too late in the year to really be described as best villain of 2006. Most of her evilness against son of Michellinman has been this year

Chris_2k11
27-05-2007, 21:43

SEXIEST MALE- Rob James Collier (Liam Connor in Coronation Street) Deserved

SEXIEST FEMALE- Roxanne McKee (Louise Summers in Hollyoaks) Deserved but i'd rather Hollyoaks had won something else instead of this award as people seem to think this is all Hollyoaks is good for

VILLAN OF THE YEAR- Gemma Bissix (Clare Cunningham in Hollyoaks) - Completely deserved! Couldn't agree more with this one! :cheer: :bow:

BEST ACTOR- Anthony Cotton (Sean Tully in Coronation Street) LOL

BEST ACTRESS- Kate Ford (Tracy Barlow in Coronation Street) Not really deserved.. I don't think she's as bad as some people make out but I think Diane Parish deserved this award more.

BEST COMEDY PERFORMANCE- Gemma Merna (Carmel McQueen in Hollyoaks) Throughly deserved, never fails to make me laugh with her one liners :rotfl:

BEST NEWCOMER- Kym Ryder (Michelle Connor in Coronation Street) Well deserved, she's really grown on me over her time on the show and i'm glad she won this :)

SPECTACTULAR SCENE OF THE YEAR- Emmerdale House Collapse NOT deserved as it killed off poor old Noreen Bell. And we all know Hollyoaks deserved this award more for the fire at the dog

BEST ON-SCREEN PARTNERSHIP- Stirling Gallacher and Sean Gleeson (George and Ronnie Woodson in Doctors) Who watches this

BEST SINGLE EPISODE- SHREDS and AFTERMATHS in Doctors ..and again.

BEST EXIT- Bill Ward (Charlie Stubbs in Coronation Street) I felt Sarah Dunn deserved this award more as her exit was just perfect. It was neither dramatic or sensational like Charlie's but it was still very emotional and fantastic to watch, and after 10 years on the show and just one other award under her belt I felt she really deserved this, especially after the Baby Grace storyline

BEST DRAMATIC PERFORMANCE- Lacey Turner (Stacey Slater in EastEnders) Decent actress so i'll say deserved

BEST DRAMATIC PERFORMANCE FROM A YOUNG ACTOR OR ACTRESS- Eden Taylor Draper (Belle Dingle in Emmerdale) Well deserved

BEST STORYLINE- Charlie's cheating and Tracy's revenge in Coronation Street (Bill Ward, Kate Ford and Samia Smith) It was ok but nothing spesh really

SPECIAL ACHEVIMENT AWARD- Tony Jordan Who's this?

LIFETIME ACHEVIMENT AWARD- Wendy Richard Absolutely deserved, couldn't pick a more worthy winner :bow: :clap:

BEST SOAP- Coronation Street As we all know I would rather Hollyoaks had won best soap but realistically we all knew that would never happen and Corrie has really picked itself up these past few months so therefore i'll say deserved. But if they had won it last year i'd have said no.

Looking forward to watching the show.

Chris_2k11
27-05-2007, 23:36
here's a link to a few clips if anyone wants to see
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=whatsontvstars&p=r :)

angelblue
27-05-2007, 23:42
I think it is great Hollyoaks won even though they are seen as a teen soap people they tackle some really good real issues :)

They had some great stuff at late :)

kayuqtuq
28-05-2007, 04:54
Delighted to see Doctors picking up a couple of awards. Apart from Eastenders, I don't watch any of the other winning soaps.

Carol :cool:

tammyy2j
28-05-2007, 10:14
I'm glad Corrie won alot but would have preferred if Emmerdale won more. Eastenders should not have won any. Lacey Turner didn't deserve her award.

How did Anthony Cotton win best actor it should have been Bill Ward

DaVeyWaVey
28-05-2007, 16:32
I'm pleased with most of those results. I think it's realistic and well deserved that Corrie won Best Soap. Eastenders and Emmerdale weren't up to scratch this year in my opinion to nab that award off them, and Hollyoaks and Doctors only have a small fanbase.

I'm completely chuffed that Hollyoaks won three awards though - i'm particularly pleased that Gemma Bissix won Villain of The Year, an award she definetly deserved. To be fair though, i thought Hollyoaks could have won more. I would have particularly liked the Dog fire and James Sutton to get some recognition as James Sutton has done some amazing acting this year as John Paul and the Dog fire was absolutely spectacular and well played out.

I'm pleased that Eastenders only got 1 award this year. Finally, producers and writers at EE can realise that viewers didn't vote for them because they thought their soap wasn't up to scratch this year - which is rightly so. I think EE can take away the one award they won and come to their senses that they need to improve the show as viewers won't be backing EE all the time.

Glad Wendy Richard picked up the Lifetime Achievement Award though, very well deserved.

Chris_2k11
28-05-2007, 23:40
Personally I think its disgusting that someone like Anthony Cotton won best actor over people like Nick Pickard, James Sutton, etc. Nick Pickard was fantastic throughout the Cot Death storyline and really proved himself as a top actor throughout all of his scenes with Sarah D. I used to think of him as only being good for comedy value but he completely proved me wrong last year. Same with John Paul who has been a brilliant addition to the cast and easily deserved the Best Actor award IMO. I mean WTF does Sean do apart from standing behind the bar prancing around. Hollyoaks was robbed of half of these awards. It's about time some people started taking a long hard look at the contenders before coming to a proper decision. Its frustrating if you ask me.

Pinkbanana
28-05-2007, 23:46
^^^ But was the award voted for by the public? In which case, he got it cause he was the most popular, and sometimes that doesnt necessarily mean the most talented person. I agree, there were other's more deserving of the award. :)

Chris_2k11
28-05-2007, 23:50
Yep, voted for by the public. I'd love to know why they voted him

JustJodi
28-05-2007, 23:58
Ok who actually votes for these yahoos ?? I mean is it a public vote ??? If it is then the public is the BLAME,, :searchme:

Bryan
29-05-2007, 09:48
Anthony Cotton is a crap actor, he is camp in real life, he is playing himself, that isnt the sign of a good actor in my opinion.

I agree Chris, James or Nick from Hollyoaks should have won it, but we know thats never going to happen due to the popularity of the "bigger soaps". Bigger in viewers, but not necessarily the better.

But I'm suprised Bill Ward (Charlie) or someone like that didnt win best actor though.

tammyy2j
29-05-2007, 10:38
Anthony Cotton is a crap actor, he is camp in real life, he is playing himself, that isnt the sign of a good actor in my opinion.

I agree Chris James or Nick from Hollyoaks should have won it, but we know thats never going to happen due to the popularity of the "bigger soaps". Bigger in viewers, but not necessarily the better.

But I'm suprised Bill Ward (Charlie) or someone like that didnt win best actor though.

Yes Bill Ward should have got Best Actor

Chris_2k11
29-05-2007, 18:07

I agree Chris James or Nick from Hollyoaks should have won it, but we know thats never going to happen due to the popularity of the "bigger soaps". Bigger in viewers, but not necessarily the better.

Yes Bill Ward should have got Best ActorHe won best exit, thats enough if you ask me

tammyy2j
30-05-2007, 10:14

Yes Bill Ward should have got Best ActorHe won best exit, thats enough if you ask me

I would give him wins for Best Actor and Sexiest Male

x Amby x
30-05-2007, 13:27
I was so pleased Hollyoaks won 3 awards, although i think they deserved Best Single Episode for The Fire, and most Spectactualr scene of the year! Im glad Hollyoaks is finally getting recognition! I was sooooo pleased Gemma Bissix and Gemma Merna won Villain and Comedy! both deserved!

Chris_2k11
30-05-2007, 14:15
I was a bit gobsmacked the fire never won anything. Thats the one I definitely expected them to get without a doubt.

Richie_lecturer
30-05-2007, 22:09
Yes Bill Ward should have got Best ActorHe won best exit, thats enough if you ask me[/QUOTE]

Well there's not much you can do after Best Exit, because that is the end. :)

Annoyed that Betty Driver or Eileen Derbyshire weren't up for the Sexiest Actress award. :mad:

xxxxxx
30-05-2007, 22:19
I am sooo annoyed that Emmerdale didn't win best soap! They are sooo much better then the others they have come through strength by strength. They should have one as well as Ursula cancer storyline- she desearved it!

xxxxxx
30-05-2007, 22:42
SEXIEST MALE- Rob James Collier (Liam Connor in Coronation Street) Desearved!
SEXIEST FEMALE- Roxanne McKee (Louise Summers in Hollyoaks) Don't watch it but shes ok
VILLAN OF THE YEAR- Gemma Bissix (Clare Cunningham in Hollyoaks) Don't watch it but shes ok
BEST ACTOR- Anthony Cotton (Sean Tully in Coronation Street) More happy that is didn't go to usual corrie or EE actor
BEST ACTRESS- Kate Ford (Tracy Barlow in Coronation Street) Same as always i think her actings hyped up aswell as storyline
BEST COMEDY PERFORMANCE- Gemma Merna (Carmel McQueen in Hollyoaks) Don't watch it but shes ok
BEST NEWCOMER- Kym Ryder (Michelle Connor in Coronation Street) I have warmed up to her desearved!
SPECTACTULAR SCENE OF THE YEAR- Emmerdale House Collapse I love the fact Dales won something though Toms Murder more effective!
BEST ON-SCREEN PARTNERSHIP- Stirling Gallacher and Sean Gleeson (George and Ronnie Woodson in Doctors) Yay Doctors won something i am pleased for them - Desearved
BEST SINGLE EPISODE- SHREDS and AFTERMATHS in Doctors Yay Doctors won something i am pleased for them again- Desearved
BEST EXIT- Bill Ward (Charlie Stubbs in Coronation Street) Same people in Corrie
BEST DRAMATIC PERFORMANCE- Lacey Turner (Stacey Slater in EastEnders) Same people in EE
BEST DRAMATIC PERFORMANCE FROM A YOUNG ACTOR OR ACTRESS- Eden Taylor Draper (Belle Dingle in Emmerdale) TOTALLY deserved it- she is amazing!
BEST STORYLINE- Charlie's cheating and Tracy's revenge in Coronation Street (Bill Ward, Kate Ford and Samia Smith) Same storylines
SPECIAL ACHEVIMENT AWARD- Tony Jordan Who? well we must thank him for the good eps
LIFETIME ACHEVIMENT AWARD- Wendy Richard Deserved- i couldn't think of anyone else!
BEST SOAP- Coronation Street no no not again if its not EE then it is Corrie. Emmerdale deserved it a million times more!! Corrie and especially EE are getting worse. I am so annoyed this is not public voting!
If incorrect, dont shoot me, I plagiarised this post from DS.

Chris_2k11
30-05-2007, 22:46
Wendy Richard didn't say much did she

Abbie
30-05-2007, 22:49
By the way actress who plays Carmel sounds so different, I knew he wouldnt really talk like carmel but she sounds quite smart

tammyy2j
31-05-2007, 09:54
By the way actress who plays Carmel sounds so different, I knew he wouldnt really talk like carmel but she sounds quite smart

Yes she sounded different

Was Linda Thorson (Rosemary in Emmerdale) drunk. I thought at one stage she was drinking from a wine bottle and she looked drunk she was waiving her hands on air at odd times

I think they should be an award for Best Soap Family and this year i'd give it to the Dingles. I really thought Sam/Alice storyline would do well.

Katy
31-05-2007, 09:59
i didnt realy notice Rosemary to be honest with you. I thought most of them were pretty well deserved. I thought it was great Doctors got 2 as its competing with the big boys and it must be difficult due to being on at such an early time. Beating Eastenders is some acheivment. I am glad this year it wasnt such a walkover by one soap, i mean corrie won lots but usually the others get 1 or 2 if they are lucky. The only one i thougth was Hollyoaks Fire, that was really well done i thought that would get something, but they did well.

Heres to another year of tears, tantrums and love triangles.

Abbie
31-05-2007, 13:42
Lol yeh there should be an award for best sopa family

lizann
12-06-2022, 00:27
Lol yeh there should be an award for best sopa family

the dingles won this year

also emmerdale best soap

Dennis tanner
12-06-2022, 03:39
the dingles won this year

also emmerdale best soap