PDA

View Full Version : Max's big secret!

inkyskin
12-05-2007, 08:29
Was anyone else dissapointed with what the secret was?

I thought the writers could've come up with something a little better!

JustJodi
12-05-2007, 08:39
truthfully I thought it was a big joke,, they have been married for a long time and he has not shared that with him... :hmm:
That still does not explain why Jim and Max are always sniping at each other. The coffin story was rubbish if you ask me !!!!!!!:searchme:

Luna
12-05-2007, 08:50
what was the secret i missed it

JustJodi
12-05-2007, 08:58
Jim and his buddies drag Max into an undertakers when he was 13 and put him in a coffin and buried him alive,, so since then Max has not been able to trust any one ...:rolleyes:

LostVoodoo
12-05-2007, 10:27
the only thing that annoyed me was that the incident apparently stemmed from Max being friends with a black kid. HELLO, Jim's best friend is Patrick and his grandson is going out with an asian girl! character transplant!

parkerman
12-05-2007, 12:06
When Jim first came in to Eastenders he was portrayed as a racist. Time and friendship with Patrick have mellowed him...or it's yet another complete personality change brought to you by the scriptwriters of Eastenders...

inkyskin
12-05-2007, 12:07
Exactly! The whole story was bizarre! :searchme:

parkerman
12-05-2007, 12:09
However, be that as it may....I think there must be more to this hatred between Max and Jim than that. It doesn't explain why Jim hates Max so much.

inkyskin
12-05-2007, 12:17
I thought it was gonna be some sort of sexual abuse or maybe Jim used to beat him up all the time,anything but being locked in a coffin!:(

fareehab4ne1
12-05-2007, 13:21
I thought it was a sad story of max in that coffin, but i did think jim used to beat him up or something else, they could of made it better

Lizzie Brookes
12-05-2007, 17:44
I don't think he's told her all his secrets. Even he said if I remember rightly that being locked in a coffin was only one of his secrets and I was sorry for him when he related it. I can't believe he doesn't love Tantya and the kids but if he really loved Tanya he would give Stacey up. stacey's a fool if she thinks Max will leave tanya for her. He doesn't love Stacey. She's just a drug, like he said. Even Bradley thinks it won't work out. I think it is quite possible that Jim was a racist once and then changed. After all Mark did some nasty things with Nick and then he changed.

tobyrory
12-05-2007, 23:33
Just because he finds it difficult to now trust people close to him, it doesn't give him the right to be a serial adulterer. You'd think that as he had been hurt as a child he would do his best not to hurt his own children. Surely, if he had really been locked in a coffin all night he'd be claustrophobic not a total slimeball.

StarsOfCCTV
13-05-2007, 14:39
Maybe the story was true, but I think he just told it to Tanya to distract her from the whole affair thing, and make her think it was all in her head.

Did anyone notice how he said wait until the second trimester to tell anyone?....What's all that about?! :hmm:

Jojo
13-05-2007, 14:41
Maybe the story was true, but I think he just told it to Tanya to distract her from the whole affair thing, and make her think it was all in her head.

Did anyone notice how he said wait until the second trimester to tell anyone?....What's all that about?! :hmm:

Well, technically 2nd trimester is after the 12th week, which is the point at which miscarriage rates drop dramatically. Most people wait until the 2nd trimester before telling anyone they are pregnant. :)