PDA

View Full Version : Samantha Janus lands 'EastEnders' role

Lennie
11-05-2007, 23:26
Samantha Janus lands 'EastEnders' role
Friday, May 11 2007, 12:47 BST

By Nick Levine, Entertainment Reporter (digital spy)

Samantha Janus has landed a role as one of the Mitchell sisters in EastEnders.

The Game On actress will join Rita Simons to form sexy double act Ronnie and Roxy Mitchell, the cousins of Phil and Grant.

Diederick Santer, the soap's executive Producer, told the Daily Mirror: "I hope viewers will delight in the sexy, dramatic excitement that they bring to the show.

"They may be glamorous young women, but these girls are also Mitchells, and have all the strength of character and the unique moral code that this legendary name implies."

Simons, the niece of Sir Alan Sugar, has appeared in Mile High, Dream Team and London's Burning.

As well as her role in Game On, Janus has starred in Pie In The Sky, Babes In The Wood and the West End revival of Guys and Dolls.

She said of her character Ronnie: "She's the more sensible and clever of the two, but she has a caustic tongue. She won't trust anyone enough to let them get close to her, although all she really wants is to trust again. They are very, very loyal.

"It's an amazing opportunity for me. I can't wait to start causing lots of mischief."

The pair are due to begin filming at the end of the month and are expected to arrive on the Square for Stella (Sophie Thompson) and Phil's (Steve McFadden) in late summer.

Chloe O'brien
11-05-2007, 23:32
Sorry Lennie this has been posted already in girls aloud for EE thread.

alan45
12-05-2007, 05:35
Sorry Lennie this has been posted already in girls aloud for EE thread.
And here is the link http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=514447&postcount=24