PDA

View Full Version : 'Hollyoaks' explain missing characters

Footie_Chick
09-05-2007, 16:17
From DS.

Gerard McCarthy
Speculation over the whereabouts and reasons for the swift departure of two Hollyoaks characters were answered by the programme makers today.

Rumours have been rife on the Digital Spy forums following the exit of both cross-dresser Kris Fisher and troubled teen Sonny Valentine, played by Gerard McCarthy and Devon Anderson respectively.

McCarthy's character was last seen in the Chester-based soap on Friday, May 4 and subsequently mentioned by 'The Dog' manager Darren Osborne (Ashley Taylor-Dawson), who claimed Kris had "gone home for the summer".

Today, a Hollyoaks spokeswoman told DS: "Gerard has taken a break from filming for personal reasons and there was a natural break in the storylines allowing him to do this, but he will definitely be returning later in the year."

The 26-year-old actor is currently a guest judge in The Citybeat Young Star Search in Northern Ireland.

Meanwhile, a deeper mystery has surrounded the 'disappearance' of Devon Anderson (right), whose character's exit was explained by his leaving to stay with his aunt.

While reasons for his departure are unclear, he is understood to have been axed over alleged timekeeping issues. His character's profile on the soap's official website has also been removed.

One DS forum member commented: "Sonny['s] disappearance did look rather odd, like it had been filmed within the last two weeks or so, very rushed and sloppy."

The spokeswoman commented: "Devon has left Hollyoaks and there are no plans for his character to return in the foreseeable future."

Chris_2k11
09-05-2007, 16:26
Sonny and the rest of his useless family must go.
One down three to go :cool:

Abbie
09-05-2007, 16:28
Im not that too bothered about sonny but at least kris is returning

Katy
09-05-2007, 16:47
At least we know that they are leaving and they havent just disapperaed to that Hollyoaks hole in the skylike Candy and Paula did.

Debs
09-05-2007, 21:24
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: no sonny and his annoying faces! has anyone notoced his dumb look whenever he does something :rolleyes: soo annoying! Good riddance

So g;ad kris is coming back, he is most definately my fave at the mo

StarsOfCCTV
09-05-2007, 22:01
yeah same! He and Jess were made for each other :p

Sonny isn't much of a loss :rolleyes: Has he left yet? I havn't noticed :lol:

kiki28
10-05-2007, 20:05
I must admit I didnt realise Kris had gone!! im glas he is coming back though.

I wish Sasha would dissapear aswell though!!