View Full Version : Sheilas Wheels

CrazyLea
07-05-2007, 21:56
I don't know if this is true.. yet I hope so :wub: . Rather exciting news I reckon. My mother told me last night, so then I looked on the internet and found this article.. but don't know if it's true.. :D Ooo and sorry if it's posted already :o

'The Sheilas' hit the pop world with Stock, Aitken and Waterman
4 May 2007

The success of the Sheilas' Wheels brand and its pink, sequin-clad lead singers has encouraged legendary producers Stock, Aitken and Waterman to launch the Sheilas' first single: (I'm so) Happy Happy (You're Mine). This is their first project together since 1993.

The three Sheilas - Cathi Ogden, Carly Romain and Emma Robbins - will release 'Happy Happy' this summer and follow in the footsteps of former TV stars turned pop stars, Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan, who were produced by Stock, Aitken and Waterman's 'hit factory' in the late 1980s.

Chris Bowden, Head of Marketing for Sheilas' Wheels, said: "It's sometimes easy to forget that Sheilas' Wheels is actually a car insurer. The Sheilas have generated a cult following since launch just 18 months ago and we even had to create a fan site to meet the needs of Sheila obsessives.

"The strength of the brand, the catchy jingle and the impact that it has had on women across the UK was clearly appealing to Stock, Aitken and Waterman who approached the Sheilas to catapult them into the pop world. 'Happy Happy' could be this summer's hottest hit."

Due to popular demand, Sheilas' Wheels launched a fan site for the three Sheilas last year - ilovesheilas.com - and in a nationwide search to find guest stars for the new Sheilas' Wheels adverts (due to air on 22 May 2007), over 11,500 women applied to ride in the pink Sheilamobile alongside the three Sheilas: makemeasheila.com

pookie1968uk
07-05-2007, 22:17
lol lol. sounds funny if not a bit cheesy/tacky! i have just insured my car with sheilas wheels as it came up the cheapest on a comparison site.

Chloe O'brien
10-05-2007, 23:14
I can see a lot of people buy the cheesy pop song, cause Sheilas wheels is so catchy you've got to sing a long with it.

Luna
11-05-2007, 09:53
:eek: omg are they serious :eek:

Really come on how can they think they can realise a song that advert is so annoying

Abigail
11-05-2007, 21:01
I can see a lot of people buy the cheesy pop song, cause Sheilas wheels is so catchy you've got to sing a long with it.

I can't stand it. I turn the telly over or put it on mute whenever it comes on.

inkyskin
12-05-2007, 08:17
Are we really that short of naff songs in the chart these days that they feel the need to start using adverts!

What's next? a rap version starring the churchill dog....Oh yes.:lol:

Luna
12-05-2007, 08:49
Are we really that short of naff songs in the chart these days that they feel the need to start using adverts!

oh god dont go giving them ideas :wall:

Abigail
12-05-2007, 14:17

oh god dont go giving them ideas :wall:

I love Churchill Dog!! I reckon he'd make a great rapper :)
And how about the knight in armour from that other advert? Can't think of it's name.