PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy - Series 3

*_*Smile*_*
04-05-2007, 17:12
Series three starts on Living Thursday 24th May 10pm

quick guide to eppisode 1:

It's the day after the prom and everyone is worried about Izzie, who is still mourning Denny. She just lies on the bathroom floor of the house and refuses to eat or change out of her prom dress.

Cristina tells Meredith she's the best candidate to go comfort Izzie, because she's "dark and twisty."

Miranda stays with Denny's body until the funeral home picks him up. There won't be a funeral, at his family's request. Before he's wheeled off, she tells him, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

Meredith confesses to Cristina that she snuck off from the prom and slept with Derek, but that she has no idea where things stand between them.

Adele makes an appointment with Richard, saying it's the only way to see him. She offers an ultimatum: Retire or she's leaving him.

Omar and his wife, Giselle, come into the E.R. She was driving them both to the hospital for severe flu when she passed out at the wheel. Omar is running a high fever and it turns out he was exposed to someone with bubonic plague. Quarantine is immediately declared.

Luna
04-05-2007, 18:42
cant wait for this to start still havent finished series two though still got two episodes to go!!!

Chloe O'brien
04-05-2007, 20:44
I so wish I hadn't read this thread. I am in the middle of watching the second series on CH5 and the preview for Sunday night's episode shows Izzy talking to Denny and she's crying and now I know he's going to die.

Luna
04-05-2007, 20:59
I so wish I hadn't read this thread. I am in the middle of watching the second series on CH5 and the preview for Sunday night's episode shows Izzy talking to Denny and she's crying and now I know he's going to die.

im just watching that episode just now kath get your tissues ready and other things happen too which i'll keep quite about just now and let them be a big suprise for you

Chloe O'brien
04-05-2007, 21:04
Oh god I can't cope with any more tear jeckers at the moment with CSI & 24 finishing in a couple of weeks my nerves can't stand it. So is there only 4 episodes left then as the one I seen on Sunday finished with Burke operating on his Idol and he died.

Luna
04-05-2007, 21:13
Oh god I can't cope with any more tear jeckers at the moment with CSI & 24 finishing in a couple of weeks my nerves can't stand it. So is there only 4 episodes left then as the one I seen on Sunday finished with Burke operating on his Idol and he died.

ok just finished watching the episode get 2 boxes omg i dont think ive blubbed so much at a tv series

Chloe O'brien
06-05-2007, 22:06
Oh my word just finished watching tonights two episodes, with Izzy cutting Denny's line to stop his heart. WTF is she thinking of and Dr Burke is lying shot outside NOOOO!!!! :eek:

pookie1968uk
07-05-2007, 21:35
it doesnt seem that long ago the 2nd series finished on living. looking forward to it though.

*_*Smile*_*
09-05-2007, 18:22

ok just finished watching the episode get 2 boxes omg i dont think ive blubbed so much at a tv series

wait til you see the finale...

Luna
09-05-2007, 18:47

wait til you see the finale...

lol i can just imagin kath now - just been reading spoilers for season 3 and it looks great

Luna
11-05-2007, 09:59
has anyone seen the new advert for this!!!

Merideth McDreamy and the Vet all in the one bed :lol: really cant wait for this series now lol

*_*Smile*_*
11-05-2007, 14:15
Yeah i've seen it!!
i'm thinking the 3 of them in bed is a dream/nightmare for meredith :searchme:
i love the way the pictures flash faster... so excited now!!

*_*Smile*_*
11-05-2007, 15:30
ooh.. i've just seen a longer version of the advert with words over the top!! look sso good!! Izzy and George?? Addison and ALex?? interesting!!:hmm:

Chloe O'brien
13-05-2007, 22:25
I've watch the season finale, and I held it together right up until snow patrol was played and I started to bubble. Poor Izzy at least we only have to wait a couple of weeks to see what happens.

Rach33
16-05-2007, 21:58
I was the same I didn't cry until Chasing Cars was played then I blubbed alot can't wait for the DVD to come out but I won't see Series 3 *sniffs* until it comes out on channel 5 as I don't get living tv so if anyone can find out where I might be able to download it would be very appriciated

Chloe O'brien
16-05-2007, 23:32
I might have to watch the repeat it on Saturday night so I can bubble again. Rach I will PM you some info where to download season 3 from. removed

kicks kaths butt - luna

Rach33
17-05-2007, 18:59
awwwww thanks very appriciated :cheer:

Chloe O'brien
17-05-2007, 22:04
I might have to watch the repeat it on Saturday night so I can bubble again. Rach I will PM you some info where to download season 3 from. removed

kicks kaths butt - luna

:eek: OW!! What was that for I didn't give her any info honest miss.:D

alannah
08-06-2007, 17:18
Trying not to feel like a spoilsport but PLEASE DON'T READ if you have not seen ALL of Season 3 this is huge news Isiah Washington(Dr.Preston Burke) is not returning for Season 4! This is from Ausiello at Tvguide.com.Here in Ireland RTE2 is showing Season 2 in double bills on Tuesdays.

Chloe O'brien
08-06-2007, 21:47
Trying not to feel like a spoilsport but PLEASE DON'T READ if you have not seen ALL of Season 3 this is huge news Isiah Washington(Dr.Preston Burke) is not returning for Season 4! This is from Ausiello at Tvguide.com.Here in Ireland RTE2 is showing Season 2 in double bills on Tuesdays.

I didn't read it, I didn't read it. All right I did.

pookie1968uk
08-06-2007, 22:35
you dont have to hide the info as we are on the spoiler forum so spoilers can be written in full here.
it is because he made gay jibes and hasnt had his contract renewed.

Rach33
08-06-2007, 23:27
This is from ABC news regarding Isaian Washington

Isaiah Washington will not be scrubbing in for surgery at Seattle Grace Hospital next season and he is not a happy camper.

"I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore," Washington said in a statement released through his publicist, Howard Bragman.

ABC confirmed the contract of the troubled actor will not be renewed.

The move was confirmed by two sources with knowledge of the situation, one of whom said, "It was a difficult year and this should come as no surprise to anyone."

Officials at ABC Television Studio, which produces "Grey's Anatomy," declined comment.

Even as Washington's star rose with the hit show he starred in, he faced allegations that he used an anti-gay slur to refer to "Grey's" co-star T.R. Knight.

He initially denied reports he used the slur, and raised eyebrows with a public statement at the Golden Globe awards.

"No, I did not call him a f--t," Washington said in front of reporters.

Knight appeared on the "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," saying that he was shocked by Washington's denial.

On "Access Hollywood," another "Grey's Anatomy" co-star, Katherine Heigl, said: "He [Washington] just needs to stop talking."

Earlier this year, Washington admitted using the slur, apologized and said he planned to meet with gay rights groups.

and may I say good

*_*Smile*_*
18-06-2007, 19:19
this is from digital spy - the part in spoiler brackets is about the season 3 finale!!

ABC has dropped Isaiah Washington (Dr. Preston Burke) from the cast of Grey's Anatomy with immediate effect.

Washington's future on the hit drama had been uncertain since a widely-publicised incident in which he referred to fellow cast member T.R. Knight (Dr. George O'Malley) with an anti-gay slur during an on-set fracas with Patrick Dempsey (Dr. Derek Shepherd) in October 2006. Washington compounded the problem by denying he used the word - and then repeating it - during a backstage chat with reporters at the Golden Globe Awards in January.

His actions outraged not only ABC and gay rights groups but also fellow cast members. Katherine Heigl in particular heavily criticised Washington while supporting Knight, who subsequently said he was gay.

Washington apologised for his use of an anti-gay slur and sought to repair relations with gay rights groups. In May he signed on with the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation to appear in a public service announcement.

Towards the end of Grey's' third season, Washington's character was getting ready to marry Dr. Cristina Yang, played by Sandra Oh. However, in the season finale, his character fled Seattle and ABC was tight-lipped as to whether Washington would be returning even when the return of other actors for the fourth season had been confirmed.

In a statement, Washington's publicist confirmed that the actor was "not invited back to the show next season."

*_*Smile*_*
18-06-2007, 19:21
more from digitalspy

T.R. Knight has signed a deal worth $125,000 per episode to stay on as a full-time cast member for season 4 of Grey's Anatomy.

Knight's future on the show had been uncertain - earlier in the season, fellow cast member Isaiah Washington characterised Knight as a "faggot" during an on-set fracas ostensibly involving tardiness. Fellow cast members supported Knight after the incident became publicly known, and especially after Knight said publicly that he is gay.

Fans were even more fearful that Knight would leave the show due to events on-screen in the latter part of the third season, in which his on-screen character Dr. George O'Malley failed his intern exam.

However, Entertainment Weekly has reported that Knight's new deal - in which he will also receive a portion of the show's profits - will see him returning in a full-time role for season four. It is understood that several of Knight's fellow cast members have received similar details.

Chloe O'brien
23-06-2007, 00:18
From DS website:

Fired Grey's Anatomy actor Isaiah Washington has broken his silence over being let go by the show in spectacular fashion - by saying ABC "fired the wrong guy" and adding that he is considering filing a lawsuit.

Washington was informed on June 7 that he would not be returning for season four of Grey's. It is understood that series creator and executive producer Shonda Rhimes personally put in a call to deliver the news.

Washington's future on the show had been thrown into doubt after his on-screen character fled Seattle - home of Seattle Grace Hospital, where the medical drama is set - in the season three finale. However, his involvement with the show was questioned far earlier - in January, Washington grabbed a microphone backstage at the Golden Globes to say that he had not used the anti-gay slur "f*ggot" in reference to fellow cast member T.R. Knight. Knight then went on Ellen DeGeneres' talk show and said that he is gay and that Washington did use the word in reference to him back in October 2006. Shortly after that - and especially after fellow cast members rallied around Knight - Washington apologised and began making very public contacts with gay rights groups.

"I did everything I said I would do," Washington told the Houston Chronicle, his hometown newspaper, yesterday. "I offered to go to counselling, to do a public service announcement. I wanted everyone to know I was remorseful.

"I did everything they told me to do, including not saying anything, and then they didn't renew my contract. That's not fair."

He went on to accuse T.R. Knight of telling a lie in his interview with DeGeneres.

"I used the word during a disagreement with Patrick [Dempsey, fellow Grey's co-star]," he said by way of denying that he had directed the word specifically to Knight.

"My livelihood, my honour and dignity and my name have been so challenged," he added in a possible indication that he is considering legal action.

"I have to clear my name."

Luna
23-06-2007, 09:40
its about time he learned to keep his mouth shut...if he keeps going on like this he'll never get another job!! He said it it was wrong he got sacked GET OVER IT!!!