PDA

View Full Version : Cheesy Pop

Footie_Chick
19-04-2007, 15:09
Now guys think back to all those cheesy pop songs you use to rush out to the shops to buy, can anyone remember any you bought.

From having a mess on youtube found A*teens and S Club. Anything else people remember maybe a specific song.

Abbie
19-04-2007, 16:25
I remember those, from S club I mainly remember- Reach for the stars

Sam-Elle
19-04-2007, 21:18
I do remember going out and buying a lot of s club songs - gosh that was ages ago.

Oh and S club juniors/8 i remember that as well.

Abbie
19-04-2007, 21:26
Oh and S club juniors/8 i remember that as well.

I remember them too. Thye kinda dissappered though, I cant cant remember them saying they were spilting. Then again never really liked them and didnt follow them either

DaVeyWaVey
19-04-2007, 21:34
I used to love S Club 7 lol! And i used to watch the programmes on CBBC like Miami 7, LA7 etc...i also thought Hannah was really cute for some reason! :rotfl:

I remember B Witched as well...oh my gosh, i actually have a cd of them somewhere in my bedroom and i haven't listened to the cd since i was 8! :o I remember loving that song by B Witched, was it called Rollercoaster? (can't believe i used to like that! :D )

Oh and i used to love that song by Cher called Believe. I couldn't stop singing it when i was younger, used to sing it round the house for some reason lol!

Oh thinking back, it really is embarrasing!

Abbie
19-04-2007, 21:43
Oh my god, I loved B witched, I even met them and got their autographs!!!

Chloe O'brien
19-04-2007, 21:45
I only buy cheesy pop songs for Marley (oh that's so a lie :rotfl: ) I used to buy Steps cd's as they were fab to listen to on a saturday night if you were going out. Does anyone remember the karaoke show that used to be on a saturday night on ch5 with suggs from madness, that programme was brilliant. As for you saying you used to love Cher song believe Davey. I used to have a baby swing for Marley that you could hang from the door. We used to put her in it and put that song on she used to go
mental bouncing around everywhere. :lol:

DaVeyWaVey
19-04-2007, 21:53
Oh yeah Kath, i remember that show! And haha, that Cher song was really easy to dance too though, i loved it! It got me in a good mood, i'd love to hear it again as i haven't listened to it in ages, and i think i have the single somewhere.

And i'm really jealous Abbie! I never got B Witched's autographs! :(

Chris_2k11
19-04-2007, 21:59
Oh and i used to love that song by Cher called Believe. I couldn't stop singing it when i was younger, used to sing it round the house for some reason lol!This song is definitely nothing to be embarrased about!! Absolutely brilliant tune, I remember it being a very big hit at the time. Definitely one of my favourites from the 90's!

Cheesiest has to be Whigfield - Saturday Night I think :rolleyes: "dee dee da da da" lmao :D a proper holiday tune

Chris_2k11
19-04-2007, 22:01
It got me in a good mood, i'd love to hear it again as i haven't listened to it in ages,Just for you davey lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bTREzJL83A

DaVeyWaVey
19-04-2007, 22:07
Thanks Chris! That's great! :D And i remember that Saturday Night song too, used to love that song as well "Saturday Night and i like the way you move...du du du..pretty baby..." :D

Abbie
19-04-2007, 22:31
And i'm really jealous Abbie! I never got B Witched's autographs! :(
Lol, I still have them too, its really cool how we met them cos my best firends, mums friend, had a friend who was their tour manager

CrazyLea
20-04-2007, 02:10
I bought The Cartoons - Oo eee oo ar ar, ting tang wallah wallah bing bang :p

I also remmebr, my mate and I dancing to that song, along wiht, mambo no.5 and im blue dabba dee dabba dai, in her room loads haha

Footie_Chick
20-04-2007, 09:31
I bought The Cartoons - Oo eee oo ar ar, ting tang wallah wallah bing bang :p

I also remmebr, my mate and I dancing to that song, along wiht, mambo no.5 and im blue dabba dee dabba dai, in her room loads haha

I remember the cartoons and blue dabba dee.

I used to love S Club 7 lol! And i used to watch the programmes on CBBC like Miami 7, LA7 etc

I use to watch all these as well, they were repeated on CBBC not long ago so i watched them again.

What was the B Witched Song that was there first single went something like "hey boy sitting in a tree, mother wants you to come for tea" something like that anyway, i liked that song.

Xx-Vicky-xX
20-04-2007, 12:13
I own every cd/video Steps ever released :D urrrm who else did i listen to, SClub 7, Bwitched, Hanson, i was kinda obsessed with Barbie girl at one point aswell :rotfl:

Footie_Chick
20-04-2007, 13:42
I own every cd/video Steps ever released :D urrrm who else did i listen to, SClub 7, Bwitched, Hanson, i was kinda obsessed with Barbie girl at one point aswell :rotfl:

Lol, well as you admit to having every Steps cd/videos i can admit to having every S Club album/single and tour videos.

Katy
20-04-2007, 16:46
I had a thing about Hanson, MMMBop.

And that B'Witched song was C'est La Vie. I remember doing a dance to it at school, you know how you used to in assamblies and things. We wore the peddle pushers and everything.

Siobhan
20-04-2007, 16:49
the macarena, time wrap and never gonna give you up are 3 of the cheesiest songs next to Saturday night by wiggy!!! I have the cheesy party cd.. it is great to play at the end of the night when everyone is drunk :rotfl::rotfl:

Katy
20-04-2007, 16:51
I have that CD to, but no matter how bad everyone says they are everyone sings and dances to the,.

Abigail
20-04-2007, 21:11
Well, this isn't exactly pop but I owned every single Smurfs album which were full of covers from other pop bands. How embarressing is that? I loved them though, especially Papa Smurf :thumbsup:

What about O-Zone "dragonsta din tei." We used to have huge debates during maths about what language they were singing in. Good song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwVxrIO_A9s

Chris_2k11
20-04-2007, 21:42
God i'd forgotten all about that O-Zone song jelly belly lol, and lets not forget this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdTzYPpiBtc :D:D

Abigail
20-04-2007, 21:44
Las Ketchup... I hated that song.
How could we forget the Cheeky Girls?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhf_ybBM6Ek

samantha nixon
20-04-2007, 21:50
i used to love b*witched and loved the songs cest la vie, and rollercoaster, i also liked sweet like chocolate thinks that was what the song was called
and abigail i had the smurfs xmas album

CrazyLea
20-04-2007, 21:50
Well, this isn't exactly pop but I owned every single Smurfs album which were full of covers from other pop bands. How embarressing is that? I loved them though, especially Papa Smurf
You are soo cool right now :lol:. I used to loveee the Smurfs (although I'd still watch now if they were on) :p My fave was Papa Smurf too :p I had the Smurfs Go Pop album :D was so chuffed when I had that off Santa :p

DaVeyWaVey
20-04-2007, 21:59
I used to love this song when i was younger too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFpu0ROaPLQ&mode=related&search= :o

Chris_2k11
20-04-2007, 22:04
too far davey too far :rotfl:

Xx-Vicky-xX
20-04-2007, 22:26
Well, this isn't exactly pop but I owned every single Smurfs album which were full of covers from other pop bands. How embarressing is that? I loved them though, especially Papa Smurf
You are soo cool right now :lol:. I used to loveee the Smurfs (although I'd still watch now if they were on) :p My fave was Papa Smurf too :p I had the Smurfs Go Pop album :D was so chuffed when I had that off Santa :p

I had that album aswell

Ohh and i had most stuff to do with the Spice Girls - the world went SGs crazy

Luna
20-04-2007, 22:29

I had that album aswell

i cant believe you just admitted to have a spice girls album.....oh the shame :rotfl:

Richie_lecturer
20-04-2007, 22:44
Back in the day, Fivestar were an incredibly cheesy outfit, and probably still are.

Xx-Vicky-xX
20-04-2007, 22:47

I had that album aswell

i cant believe you just admitted to have a spice girls album.....oh the shame :rotfl:

Im not ashamed of anything me, and i know that although most people wont admit it most people probably had at least one spice girl album if not all of them - i remember the craze - every girl in school would walk round in platform shoes singing/dancing to spice girls songs

DaVeyWaVey
20-04-2007, 22:49

I had that album aswell

Im not ashamed of anything me, and i know that although most people wont admit it most people probably had at least one spice girl album if not all of them - i remember the craze - every girl in school would walk round in platform shoes singing/dancing to spice girls songs

Well i know i went round dancing and singing to Spice Girl songs and i'm not a girl...:o :D

Chris_2k11
20-04-2007, 22:50
To be fair, they were very popular at the time. It can't be denied really! lol

Luna
20-04-2007, 22:54
You are soo cool right now :lol:. I used to loveee the Smurfs (although I'd still watch now if they were on) My fave was Papa Smurf too :p I had the Smurfs Go Pop album :D was so chuffed when I had that off Santa :p

I had that album aswell

Well i know i went round dancing and singing to Spice Girl songs and i'm not a girl...:o :D

did you have the platform shoes too?? :rotfl:

Abigail
20-04-2007, 22:59

Did you get the photo album? You went to the newsagent and bought a pack of 5 postcard things for a ridiculous price then got all excited wondering if you had one of the really rare cards. Then you put them in your special spice girls photo album and took them to school to show off your rare pics.

And did you get the official annual in paperback with biogs of them all in? I remember reading about the time Posh swallowed a bottle of bleach. That's so sad that I remember that after all these years. I was so excited when I got my copy for xmas then my sister went and dog-eared one of the corners so I secretly swapped it with hers.

I had Spice World :)

DaVeyWaVey
20-04-2007, 23:02
did you have the platform shoes too?? :rotfl:

Erm nope...didn't wear platform shoes! Just went round singing it from time to time, like dancing around in my bedroom and singing "Wannabe" and that goes for Cher with Believe as well..i used to sing that when i was out in public and round my house, i don't think none of my other friends did that when they were younger, just me. :D Oh i miss the days of cheesy pop, love looking back though! :D

Abigail
20-04-2007, 23:05

Did you try to copy the videos or make your own up? Me and my sister used to sit on chairs backwards making up our own moves to 2 becomes 1 :rotfl:

Remember 5ive, 911 and A1?

DaVeyWaVey
20-04-2007, 23:12

Did you try to copy the videos or make your own up? Me and my sister used to sit on chairs backwards making up our own moves to 2 becomes 1 :rotfl:

Remember 5ive, 911 and A1?

I wasn't too keen on 5ive, 911 or A1 actually. I just liked the girlbands. It's so funny as i didn't try and reinact the video, i was just singing it in front of a mirror and pointing to myself singing "tell me what you want, what you really really want" :D

And for Cher, i tried to sing like an opera singer lol!

CrazyLea
20-04-2007, 23:15
I didn't... :p My sister did, but I didn't haha. I liked the odd song, but not all. I did buy one of the singles on tape though.. can't remember which right now :p

Xx-Vicky-xX
20-04-2007, 23:16

Did you get the photo album? You went to the newsagent and bought a pack of 5 postcard things for a ridiculous price then got all excited wondering if you had one of the really rare cards. Then you put them in your special spice girls photo album and took them to school to show off your rare pics.

And did you get the official annual in paperback with biogs of them all in? I remember reading about the time Posh swallowed a bottle of bleach. That's so sad that I remember that after all these years. I was so excited when I got my copy for xmas then my sister went and dog-eared one of the corners so I secretly swapped it with hers.

I had Spice World :)

Yep i had all that - aswell as the platform shoes - i was so gutted when i had to get rid of them :rotfl:

Luna
20-04-2007, 23:18
oh 911 that was the first concert i went to them and peter andre

Abigail
20-04-2007, 23:30
oh 911 that was the first concert i went to them and peter andre

Peter Andre - mysterious girl. Possibly the worst single ever.
Never liked 811 or A1. 5ive did some ok songs though they murdered We Will Rock You by Queen. Never liked the Backstreet Boys or nsync

Luna
20-04-2007, 23:32
omg i was obsessed with backstreet boys went to all the concerts my room was covered in posters i dont think you could see any part of the wall even the ceiling was done...... i think thye may have been my replacment for take that lol

Abigail
20-04-2007, 23:35
Did you get Smash Hits and TOTP magazines every week with the A2 poster pull outs?

90's boybands were just the best. Oh how I miss those days

Luna
20-04-2007, 23:36
Did you get Smash Hits and TOTP magazines every week with the A2 poster pull outs?

i must have spent thousands on they magazines i think BIG was the best

Abigail
20-04-2007, 23:39

i must have spent thousands on they magazines i think BIG was the best

I don't remember BIG. I used to set my video recorder every Saturday morning for CD:UK and TOTP so I could rewind the tape and watch it all again after the program had finished. Might have had a tiny bit to do with the fact that Ant and Dec presented CD:UK...

Thought of some more:
Bloodhound Gang - Bad touch. You HAVE to watch the video. If you think the song is cheesy wait til you see the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTW8oUV8Aq0
Madonna - american pie
Dee-lite - groove is in the heart
House of Pain - jump around. It features in Mrs Doubtfire, one of the best films ever made
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZZADbubu0Y

Xx-Vicky-xX
21-04-2007, 00:05
I never understood the craze with Peter Andre not back then, when he came back after his time in the jungle and released mysterious girl again i totally saw the appeal in him

Luna
21-04-2007, 00:08
I never understood the craze with Peter Andre not back then, when he came back after his time in the jungle and released mysterious girl again i totally saw the appeal in him

i knda liked him when i was younger could either take him or leave him but when he was in the jungle i actually had to turn the tv off or walk out the room everytime he came on... his voice went right through me god that man still annoys me

Abigail
21-04-2007, 10:09
I don't remember him from the 90's. Somebody told me he ws dead so I was a bit shocked to see he was going on I'm A Celeb...
I still don't like him as a singer and I only remember one song he did.

Luna
21-04-2007, 10:13
I don't remember him from the 90's. Somebody told me he ws dead so I was a bit shocked to see he was going on I'm A Celeb...
I still don't like him as a singer and I only remember one song he did.

when he moves to LA there was alot of rumours flying about that he had HIV gods knows where they came from but thats were you might have heard he was dead

Abbie
21-04-2007, 16:10

I kinda remember him back then, well I remembered the song but I couldnt quite remember his name lol

Xx-Vicky-xX
22-04-2007, 12:17
I have the cheesy party cd.. it is great to play at the end of the night when everyone is drunk :rotfl::rotfl:

Anyone know the name of that CD that Siobhan mentioned?

pinkles14
22-04-2007, 14:18
I have the cheesy party cd.. it is great to play at the end of the night when everyone is drunk :rotfl::rotfl:

Anyone know the name of that CD that Siobhan mentioned?

It coulb be The ultimate cheeky party album or the ultimate party animal