PDA

View Full Version : Abortion: A woman's right to choose?

Abigail
17-04-2007, 10:35
This has been in the news in the past few days, especially about a Catholic priest forcing a clause through the hospital board to ban doctors providing info/referrals on contraception and abortion. It was also on the Wright Show this morning.

Is it right for doctors to refuse a woman an abortion? I'm talking generally here, regardless of the doctor's or patients religion.

I don't think it's right for a doctor to deny a patient an abortion. It is the woman who has to live with the concequences of a baby they don't want. I also don't think it's fair for a doctor's religion to influence their medical judgement, not providing contraception or anything else that contravenes their religious views.

However, I do agree with a doctor denying a woman a termination if she is making a "habit" of getting pregnant then having an abortion, like a means of contraception.

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, I did check before.

Luna
17-04-2007, 10:47
already been discussed here http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=42722&highlight=abortion

Jojo
17-04-2007, 11:10
As luna said, this has already been discussed and got into quite a hurtful discussion, forgetting that some people within the boards have been through abortions etc.

closing