PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision Dance Contest unveiled

.:SpIcYsPy:.
13-04-2007, 18:15
The BBC is to host a ballroom dance competition in the spirit of the Eurovision Song Contest.
Professional and amateur dancers will represent 13 countries, with the winner decided by a viewers' vote.

The Eurovision Dance Contest follows the success of Strictly Come Dancing, which has been sold around the world.

The two-hour show, to be broadcast from London this autumn, will see each couple perform two dances, with the second having a "national flavour".

Presented by Graham Norton, the show will feature couples from countries including Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the Ukraine and the UK.

Viewers will be asked to vote on the overall performance, including dancing, choreography, costume and choice of music.

An expert commentator will be on hand to describe each performance and the artistic content.

BBC One controller Peter Fincham said: "The Eurovision Song Contest has been a remarkable, long-standing success.

"The Eurovision Dance Contest is its natural partner. I'm looking forward to an evening full of stars and sequins, and glitz and glamour - a great night of family entertainment."

This year's Eurovision Song Contest takes place in Helsinki on 12 May.

Abbie
13-04-2007, 18:22
Oooo Im quite interested in this, since Im intrested in dancing and dance myself

JustJodi
01-09-2007, 23:36
So did any one watch it this evening,,, I was disapointed that UK did not get to the top 5.. but was pleased that Ireland made it to the top 5.. Felt bad for Switzerland not getting any points at all

Chloe O'brien
01-09-2007, 23:41
I watched it and although I was disapointed that the UK came second last I was not surprised. It was the same old political allies that they use in the Eurovision song contest. Brendan and Camillia did not deserve the scores they got as they are both brilliant dancers. The Russian couple or the Ukraines were far better dancers than the finland entry.

LostVoodoo
02-09-2007, 10:46
thing is you have to remember that in hardly any of the countries other than the UK use a public phone vote like we do. it'll be panels of people, and that's where all the shady dealings go on. plus like Len and Bruno said, they Finish couple were the best technically, but GOD they bored us all to tears.

Katy
02-09-2007, 10:48
Ireland did very well good old traditional irish dance and the other thing they did. I bet Brendan Cole wasnt to happy with his performance.

Abbie
02-09-2007, 19:07
Well I didnt really watch as I missed it but I started to watch it from the re-caps of the 6th country and then watched it till the end ( I got in late lol) But I have to say from the bits I saw i really did Like Finland, mainly there second dance, I jus thought it was very good, the style and the fact that it was fairly simple but I liked to watch it