PDA

View Full Version : Any Dream Will Do.

Pages : [1] 2

CrazyLea
09-04-2007, 15:57
Anyone watching this? I'm more looking forward to the live rounds though.
I missed the second half on Saturday - well from when they went on the stage infront of all them people. Did it get wittled down to the final 12?? Think I'll go look at the website lol.

Edit - Just looked at the website :D. I can't remember what some of them sound like, but I remember Johndeep, Keith, Lee and Lewis. And I must say that Seamus has lovely hair :wub:.

Oh and, I did do a quick search for a thread; so I'm sorry if there is already one created :o.

Katy
09-04-2007, 17:46
I like it, only seen the forst one though, i prefer the live rounds. Some of them i thought were all ready really good, but you can picture who could make it as a joseph.

Trinity
09-04-2007, 18:01
They only put through good people, who could do the job.

Footie_Chick
09-04-2007, 18:09
Yeah they got the final 12 on saturday. So next weekend the live shows start.

Chloe O'brien
09-04-2007, 19:26
I watched it. I was disapointed that the young Irish lad with the long hair didn't get through as he really wanted to for his grandparents. Lea there is a site that shows you who the final 12 are. www.bbc.co.uk/joseph (http://www.bbc.co.uk/joseph)
There is two scottish boys in there who I will be rooting for.

CrazyLea
09-04-2007, 19:40
I was disapointed that the young Irish lad with the long hair didn't get through as he really wanted to for his grandparents.
I wanted him to get through too!! When I looked at the website, I was like :eek: he didn't get through :(

Luna
09-04-2007, 23:29
im loving this show just now iwas so upset that the irish guy didnt get through. I think Keith is a good one to bet on

xTanya
09-04-2007, 23:45
Some of the guys in this are really good...others not so great. I think it is slightly unfair how one of the guys is already an uderstudy in the west end I feel it slightly negating the object but he probably is one of the best ones but you would expect him to be really. I also don't like the way they get rid of people it is pretty cruel...there is no way it would actually work like that when casting normally and I think it is slightly unfair on the guys.

I am looking foward to the live shows I do hope they do musical songs though I thought it was rather random that they did pop songs for Maria...it may well have been the x-factor

Abbie
10-04-2007, 01:21
Ive be watching this, I cant wait for next week cos its the live rounds right?

Xx-Vicky-xX
10-04-2007, 09:11
Ive been watching it, if only for John Barrowman, the audition stages have been pretty boring, i only watched the one on saturday cos Jason Donovan was being called in to help them, hopefully the live ones will be better and i will remember some of them and be able to decide who i want to win.

Abbie
10-04-2007, 13:27
I think it will be better at the live rounds, which is next week and it will be next week when I start to remember their names lol

JustJodi
10-04-2007, 14:27
im loving this show just now iwas so upset that the irish guy didnt get through. I think Keith is a good one to bet on

Did u mean Seamus??? ,, he was probably the only one who came across like he knew what he was doing ..
I also felt bad for the guy who was his disabled mom's carer..
John Barrowman showed no mercy cutting them out,, how the heck can he hear each one by standing behind them while every one is singing their hearts out,, whoa!!!
Sir Andrew is really cool...
I honestly think that this show is harder than it was with the Maria's

JustJodi
10-04-2007, 14:30
I think it will be better at the live rounds, which is next week and it will be next week when I start to remember their names lol

Yea I was thinking the same thing there was so many of them last Sat I got them all mixed up,, maybe I will have them all in order next week :p

JustJodi
10-04-2007, 14:31
Hey gang here is the site that shows the finalists for the live shows: Now we have faces and names to mess around with :clap:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/joseph/

Jessie Wallace
10-04-2007, 14:46
Aww i love Keith, i want him near the end of the show still if not to win it, but i think you can't really tell, until the live rounds atart on Saturday, but from what i saw on Saturday, Keith is my guy, as the let the other 2 i liked go :crying:

Katy
10-04-2007, 15:02
i like Keith too.

Sir Andrew is great on the show, he really adds to it, you get the impression that he is really genuine.

pookie1968uk
10-04-2007, 17:30
im really enjoying this. i am looking forward to seeing the final 12 as i feel i have seen so many i dont remember who is who.
i enjoy this more than grease is the word as that seems a bit x factorish if you know what i mean lol!

DaVeyWaVey
15-04-2007, 10:07
I watched this last night as i've seen Joseph and The Technicolor Dreamcoat twice before, so i decided to start watching it as it did quite interest me. I thought the live round was really good last night, i thought most of them were all fantastic.

I thought Sir Andrew made the right decision deciding that Chris guy should go. I felt that he was just a bit of a popstar more than a Westend star. I thought Johndeep could have made his performance a bit better too, he wasn't moving around the stage a lot. I agreed with what John Barrowman said about his performance being bland.

JustJodi
15-04-2007, 10:17
I am really enjoying this show,, and I don't know about any one else but I found John Barrowman a bit of an " ass "..Denise van Outen was pretty blunt with Chris C. that she couldn't see him in a lion cloth cos he would look like a baby Joesph in a nappy????:eek:

It is still early days...

I thought Chris did great at the very end when the other Joesphs took his coat off of him,,

I think the guys are getting judged a bit more harsh than the Marias ... Any one think so ???

Footie_Chick
15-04-2007, 10:31
I think they are judged slightly different but i think thats because the standard has really improved in this show and that when there are faults they have to really show they have seen them.
I think Ben was actually pretty good last night, anyone else thing he'll be another Helena who keeps scrapping through.
Keith was really good and i also enjoyed Robs performance.

Xx-Vicky-xX
15-04-2007, 11:19
Loved the 'poor poor jospeh' bit at the end that was good, though not as good as so long farewell on Maria last year. My favourite i think is Antony

Luna
15-04-2007, 11:43
just watched this i think the right choice was made i ssooo dont like seamus though

Xx-Vicky-xX
15-04-2007, 11:49
just watched this i think the right choice was made i ssooo dont like seamus though

No i dont like Seamus either, sooner he goes the better

Jessie Wallace
15-04-2007, 13:29
Aww i so want Keith to win, he so good, so cute and my little ray of sunshine :p

Seamus is an arrogant know it all, and i hate people like that.

Quite a few bum notes in the show last night, but i'm sure we can put that down to first night nerves.

I love the song for the person who leaves, it's so meant it's funny, like last year with the Sound of Music, and so long far well.

Chloe O'brien
15-04-2007, 18:39
I was surprised to see Ben in the bottom two last night. I would have expected either Lewis or Johndeep to have joined Chris in the sing off. Keith and Rob gave the best perfomances of the night. I'm backing Keith to win he is such a sweetie. Thought it was a bit harsh with them taking the jacket of at the end. I agree with Jodi that John was a bit grumpy last night he is normally kind with his coments.

Katy
16-04-2007, 16:41
I thougth John deep was really good. I also like Lewis, i thin that he's not as strong as the others but as he is younger i think they can work with his voice.

Abigail
17-04-2007, 22:29
I'm not a fan of Johndeep. Dunno why but he just doesn't do anything for me.

I love Lee and the guy who one of the judges said had the best voice in the contest. I can't remember his name. Keith was good although I don't see him as my Joseph.

Right decision was made on Saturday night though. Chris was more of a pop-star guy than a musical star. In my opinon he was too skinny and pale to carry off a first man in a musical. I know it sounds personal but if I were to go watch him on stage I'd be expecting somebody a bit more "man-ly" with a broader chest and more muscle to play Joseph.

Luna
18-04-2007, 11:10
Keith is really qcute but i dont think he's going to get far in this comp can you really see him as joesph???

Jessie Wallace
18-04-2007, 13:35
I would love Keith to be Joseph, it would make me go and see it again :D:D:D

Abbie
18-04-2007, 17:11
Im still not sure who I like and who I dont like, probably wil have decided my next show though

DaVeyWaVey
21-04-2007, 22:22
I was surprised to see Chris in the bottom two tonight, he had one of the best performances of the night in my opinion along with the man who sang "Bad Day", Rob and the guy who sang "Sorry seems to be the hardest word (forgot his name) I think Andrew Lloyd Webber made the right decision eliminating Johndeep though. He was one of the weaker contestants i thought. His performance was really camp and OTT tonight i thought, and i couldn't take what he was singing seriously, and i thought last week, his performance was quite bland, so yeah, i think it was the right decision to let him go. He did look devastated though that he was voted off!

Two Josephs are going next week! :eek:

CrazyLea
21-04-2007, 22:26
I loved Lee and Rob tonight :D. The worst in my opinion was Ben... how he wasn't in the bottom 2 is beyond me. I didn't think Johndeep was too bad, but none of the panel seemed to agree :lol:.

Two next week :eek:?

Abigail
21-04-2007, 22:31
I adore Lee, he's my Joseph. He make my heart melt, I was almost crying at the end of the performance. It's the first time I've actually realised what and who the song is about. Loved it.

I love Daniel as well, good performance tonight.

The ones that don't do it for me are Seamus, Johndeep (thank god he's gone) and Lewis. I think a lot of people are going to vote for looks over talent and I think Lewis is going to stay quite a while.

Chloe O'brien
21-04-2007, 22:33
Poor Johndeep he was crying at the end, but he was one of the weakest singers tonight. It will be tough next week with two joseph's going. I think Ben and Lewis may find themselves in the sing off next week. Still hoping that Keith and Rob make it too the final.

Pinkbanana
21-04-2007, 22:35
Johndeep's gone? :eek:

I caught a bit of his performance earlier, and I thought he was pretty good...well I dont personally think he should have gone yet anyway....:o

Abigail
21-04-2007, 22:58
I don't think it was fair to give Ben that song with his lisp. It didn't do him any favours.

JustJodi
21-04-2007, 23:10
I knew JohnDeep was going to go ...I am not fond of Ben, I think Lee and Keith will be duking it out to the very end..
What does every one think of Antony ???:searchme:

CrazyLea
21-04-2007, 23:16
Is Anthony the one that sang "Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word".. ?

If it was him, I wasn't too keen on him, but my mum rather liked him :searchme:.

DaVeyWaVey
21-04-2007, 23:17
Anthony was the one who sang "Light My Fire" i think he's quite good.

I'm not too keen on Seamus though, he is so big headed!

Abigail
21-04-2007, 23:20
[B][SIZE=3]What does every one think of Antony ???:searchme:

Antony looks like Gethin Jones from Blue Peter
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1779/antonyfg3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/8057/gethinar8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Listing of who sang what here http://www.bbc.co.uk/joseph/news/2007/04/11/42774.shtml scroll down until you see the Show 2 heading

CrazyLea
21-04-2007, 23:20
Yeahhhh sorry I meant "Light My Fire". The "Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word" was quite good :lol:. My bad.

JustJodi
21-04-2007, 23:22
Antony was the one that was getting all the texts from his mates about Denise Van Outen, and the mates think Denise fancies :love: Anthony LOL

Jessie Wallace
21-04-2007, 23:23
Loved Lee, Keith and Rob tonight. Happy that Johndeep went. Next to go Seamus please

Jessie Wallace
21-04-2007, 23:24
Antony was the one that was getting all the texts from his mates about Denise Van Outen, and the mates think Denise fancies :love: Anthony LOL

Ooo yeh we like him too, so cute :wub: :wub:

Abigail
21-04-2007, 23:26
Loved Lee, Keith and Rob tonight. Happy that Johndeep went. Next to go Seamus please

I don't like Seamus, he's too self-centred and his ego is over-inflated. I know it's a competition and they all want to win but he's just isolating himself by saying he doesn't like working as a team and he doesn't know what teamwork is. Just because he's the oldest and is training to be a singing teacher doesn't mean he is the best. Grrr he winds me up :angry:

CrazyLea
21-04-2007, 23:37
Awww poor Seamus :p. Maybe he's scared, maybe he needs to work through these issues, maybe he desn't want to get too close, as it will become harder :p okay, I admit, he's rather self centered. But I can't help but like him :p..

Okay I admit it.. I'm just in love with his hair :wub:

Abigail
21-04-2007, 23:39
Okay I admit it.. I'm just in love with his hair :wub:

Lol, his hair is rather funny but I'd just love to run my fingers through Lee's :wub:
I'm sure Seamus is a nice guy but he doesn't float my boat.

Jessie Wallace
21-04-2007, 23:47
He needs a good hair cut, not for you to run all your hands through it and make it greasier than it already looks! lol

Abigail
21-04-2007, 23:48
He needs a good hair cut, not for you to run all your hands through it and make it greasier than it already looks! lol

:rotfl: :rotfl: Seamus or Lee?

CrazyLea
21-04-2007, 23:51
Oy leave both Seamus and Lee's hair alone :p I loveee hair like that :p I could totally run my fingers through their hair all day :wub: So hot :p

Chloe O'brien
21-04-2007, 23:56
I thought that JB was again a bit harsh with some of his comments towards some of the joseph's. I can't remember him being so grumpy with the Maria last year.

Jessie Wallace
22-04-2007, 00:02
Oy leave both Seamus and Lee's hair alone :p I loveee hair like that :p I could totally run my fingers through their hair all day :wub: So hot :p

*Throws cold water over Lea to cool her down and make her come to her sences over Seamus :sick:

Abigail
22-04-2007, 00:04

*Throws cold water over Lea to cool her down and make her come to her sences over Seamus :sick:

**Follows up with a huge bucket full of ice**

Who will go next week? I think Ben and Seamus. I feel guilty saying Ben cos he's such a sweet lad and he wants it so much but I don't think he's got what it takes. And Seamus for what I said prevously.

CrazyLea
22-04-2007, 00:20
I thought that JB was again a bit harsh with some of his comments towards some of the joseph's. I can't remember him being so grumpy with the Maria last year.
:eek: I agree. There was one Joseph in particular, I felt he was a little too harsh, I can't think who now though. Saying that, it's hard to stay mad at Mister Barrowman for too long :( He's so gorgeous :p *repeats to self* He's gay, he's gay, he's gay :p.

And :lol: to Dawn and Jelly :p Maybe next week Seamus will become the nice caring person he is deep inside :)

Footie_Chick
22-04-2007, 09:45
I really liked Daniel last night, he's done two great performances so far the same as Rob. Keith wasn't as good as last week but i'm still glad he got through, the same with Antony.
Can't stand Seamus though and not really a fan of Lee either, can't beleive Seamus isn't wanting to get involved with the others, it's a chance of a lifetime you may as well have some fun out of it.

Trinity
22-04-2007, 12:14
I can't stand Seamus - he is really conceited.

Unfortunately I don't think that Ben or Keith have what it takes (in Keith's case his appearance is against him)

I am Scottish - but I really don't feel that either of the Scottish boys Keith and Craig C have what it takes.

I like Rob, but I don't think he will win, and I like Lee (the new Connie?).

Abigail
22-04-2007, 12:46
:eek: I agree. There was one Joseph in particular, I felt he was a little too harsh, I can't think who now though. Saying that, it's hard to stay mad at Mister Barrowman for too long :( He's so gorgeous *repeats to self* He's gay, he's gay, he's gay

And :lol: to Dawn and Jelly :p Maybe next week Seamus will become the nice caring person he is deep inside :)

Oh I'm deffinatly with you on Mister Barrowman :wub:
:rotfl: in yer dreams, Seamus is just out for himself.

I was thinking earlier, if he isn't being a team player now will he ever be able to work as part of a team on the stage? I can see him bossing everybody around and chalking them off about their vocals.

Oh yeah, I was looking through my cd's this morning for someting different to listen to and I came across the soundtrack for Joseph from when Jason Donavon was the leading man. Listening to it now :)

Abbie
22-04-2007, 13:01
I can't stand Seamus - he is really conceited.

I dont like him either which annoys me cos he is good.
I really liked lee and lewis from last night. Wasnt really sure who I wanted to go but I didnt like Johndeeps performance cos I didnt get it

Chloe O'brien
22-04-2007, 19:17
:eek: I agree. There was one Joseph in particular, I felt he was a little too harsh, I can't think who now though. Saying that, it's hard to stay mad at Mister Barrowman for too long :( He's so gorgeous :p *repeats to self* He's gay, he's gay, he's gay :p.

I was going to suggest you pay specsavers a visit Lea if you think Seamus is good looking, but you have redeamed yourself by joining the JB fan club. We all know he's gay but it doesn't stop us all drooling over him.

pookie1968uk
22-04-2007, 19:53
i too think seamus is too full of himself and not a team player. i think on last night performances that ben was probably the worst as he did actually sing flat. johndeep was quite poor too but i did quite like him at the same time.
i like daniel, lee and bob the builder!

JustJodi
22-04-2007, 22:18
I think Ben will go next, hey why do people think that Keiths appearance will go against him ??? I think he is fine,,but then again I am sure you young pups will tell this old codger what is what,, so do tell:rotfl:

Jessie Wallace
23-04-2007, 00:02
I LOVE Keith and everything about him Jodi, and think that he should go all the way in this show, he is deffinaly in my top 3

Luna
23-04-2007, 07:57
ive changed my mind about keith i love him now poor wee guy was so nervous with mcfly

Footie_Chick
23-04-2007, 08:47
I think Keith is great, I don't think his apparence will go against him as it's more about their ability to perform.

Abigail
23-04-2007, 16:00
It might go *in* his favour as opposed to against. I suspect lots of people - especially the girls - will vote purely on looks. While that is part of the package there is the singing, dancing and acting to consider as well. Considering Keith is very good looking (does anybody think he looks like on of the McFly lads?) he'll probably stay in a lot longer than others. I do think he is a very good singer although I can't remember his performances very well.

Footie_Chick
23-04-2007, 16:11
Remind yourself here:

Keith videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-LjyUG8Ub4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J84qjAviaNM

Trinity
23-04-2007, 16:25
Keith - good looking OMG - some glasses required I think?

When I said his looks may go against him - I wasn't being kind at all.

I find him as attractive as a two day old rice pudding

Jessie Wallace
23-04-2007, 16:41
He is gorgous, so cute, i'm in love and i don't need glasses thanks Trinity :D

I got 4 i really like and at the moment he is top of my list.

CrazyLea
23-04-2007, 17:43
I think Keith is quite cute hehe.

does anybody think he looks like on of the McFly lads?
Yarrrh, I thought that. He looks like Danny.

I do think that appearances will go against some of them though. Being Joseph, they'll probs want someone who would appeal to the audience through looks as well as voice/acting. Not saying I agree with it, but I reckon they will. More likely to get more people going if it's someone nice looking. Saying that, I don't think any of the guys have much of a problem there, to be honest.

Chloe O'brien
23-04-2007, 21:06
I think the only thing that could go against Keith is that he is skinny, there is no meat on them bones of his. I think that the judges will be looking to who could look good in a loin cloth.

Jessie Wallace
23-04-2007, 23:03
Erm nope, remeber Phillips Schofield!! he ain't got no meat and he's played Joseph.

Luna
26-04-2007, 20:24
Erm nope, remeber Phillips Schofield!! he ain't got no meat and he's played Joseph.

yeah but phillip had sex appeal :o

Jessie Wallace
26-04-2007, 21:04

yeah but phillip had sex appeal :o

Lezah shame on you, sex appeal!! i had the misfourtune of seeing him in that loin cloth:sick:

Chloe O'brien
26-04-2007, 21:39
Well I have gossip for you lot. Marley does gymnastics at school on a Thursday and there are too teachers one male, one female. And guess what the male teacher is Craig's brother.

rosiec211
27-04-2007, 13:48
I love Lee-really want him to win but dont think the public will vote for him because he has west-end experience. Hate seamus-he thinks he's better than he is-he could do so much more acting last week but just walked up and down the stairs a bit! Love Daniel and Anthony but dont think Anthony will make it much further cos he's a bit wooden. XXX

JustJodi
27-04-2007, 14:13
I find it interesting people say they HATE some one they do not even KNOW..like Seamus,, ok a question to RosieC.. what did Seamus do to YOU to make YOU HATE him..granted Seamus is older ( is that why u HATE him ) and HE is a teacher and is used to having "order " in his class rooms and he has always been in charge, so U do not go HATING some one just because they are older with experince..Actually I think hes quite lovely to look at.. I have no idea how he sounds, but he has alot of emotion in the songs he sings.. Hate is a strong word especially if you do not KNOW the person...:mad:

I can see Lee as Joesph, don't know why but I just do...:)

Any way I am looking forward seeing who they kick off the team tomorrow,,, two of them :hmm: :hmm: Ok lets see who we think will be voted off tomorrow...:cool:

Abigail
27-04-2007, 21:53
I don't like Seamus either. It's not because he's older or because he is training to be a teacher, it's his attitude. He thinks he is so much better than the other contestants and it winds me up that he can be so conceited.

I can see Lee as Joseph, I want him to win. I like Daniel as well but Lee is edging in front slightly at the mo.

I think because of this recent voting scanadal a lot of people aren't going to vote so the person who does deserve to stay in might go out because people won't vote for fear of getting ripped off.

Abigail
28-04-2007, 21:47
Lee and Daniel were by far the best tonight :clap: Lee's performance almost had me crying again, I adore him :clap: :wub:

Even if Lee doesn't win I think Andrew will cast him a leading part in another production.

I thought Keith's diction wasn't perfect tonight, there were still a few lines that were a bit muffled. But overall, a good performance.

The weakest ones tonight for me were Antony, Ben and Craig. I don't think Antony deserved to go tonight, he did have a rubbish song to sing with a fair few high notes that he just couldn't each, but overall he's a good singer.

I think the second one to go will be between Ben and Craig. Think maybe Ben will go.

Ooohh the loin cloths are coming up!!! Can't wait to see Lee and Daniel in just a loin cloth :wub: :thumbsup:

Was it me or did anyone else see John fondle Keiths chest/pecs during rehersals? I was like :hmm:

xTanya
28-04-2007, 22:27
I think Daniel was the best tonight he;s brilliant

Antony is a good singer but his register is too low for Joseph I think it was right for him to go

Who noticed Seamus chaging the words at the end to I have been promised a show of my own!!! oh dear

Chloe O'brien
28-04-2007, 22:28
I was shocked that Anthony went tonight. It wasn't his best performance tonight but I think he should have been given another chance. I also expected ALW to save Seamus instead of Ben. brilliant sing off with both guys putting their heart and soul into the song.

Abbie
28-04-2007, 22:31
Who noticed Seamus chaging the words at the end to I have been promised a show of my own!!! oh dear

I noticed that, did you also think that he held on to his coat so he could throw ot off? Maybe it was just me.
I really didnt like him, he just seemed big headed at times.

DaVeyWaVey
28-04-2007, 22:35
I just caught the ending tonight as i was out earlier, and i was surprised that Ben got saved as he's been in the bottom 2 for 3 weeks in a row now. Ben must have put in a good performance tonight if he was saved. I'm glad Seamus is gone, he did seem a bit big headed at times and refused to mix in with the other Josephs, so i'm glad he's gone in a way.

Chloe O'brien
28-04-2007, 22:42

I noticed that, did you also think that he held on to his coat so he could throw ot off? Maybe it was just me.

He did say to Graham Norton something about a conspiricy theory when he was voted off. I just think he is peed off about being knocked out of the competition but if the public didn't vote for him he had to go.

Abbie
28-04-2007, 22:56

He did say to Graham Norton something about a conspiricy theory when he was voted off. I just think he is peed off about being knocked out of the competition but if the public didn't vote for him he had to go.
Thats very true, I just think that he had a good voice and he knew it, but I think the public didnt like his attuide and thats why he went

JustJodi
28-04-2007, 23:59
I sort of knew that it was gonna be down to Ben, Anthony,Craig or Seamus.
Anthony and Seamus looked the best in their lion cloths :rotfl: The rest were skinny bean poles sorry ( no meat on their bones )

Ok Anthony is gone,, that was a shame but he needs a few years before he is ready for west end...he sure was a cutie... I know Denise liked him...
Seamus,, I was sad to see him go,,,I dont care what you kids think ,, he was good.. Ok so he was BIG HEADED.. so what....hes gone now..

I think Rob will go next week, cos 3 of the judges didn't seem to care for him ????????

Anyway. i missed the first 20 min any way,,:angry: But did not miss the LIONCLOTH thingie,, he he

xTanya
29-04-2007, 00:25
The thing with Seamus is that there are pleanty of people out there who are better than him (who also don't have his attitude) or he would already be in the west end and wouldn't need to do a show like this. I just hate it when people think they are better than everyone else when he clearly wasn't he had his weaknesses like the others did, but of course he was good I just don't think he was the best, there are obviously people weaker than him in the show who probably should have gone tonight but it's his own fault that he had the attidtude that he did and if he does have another show lined up then the fact he said what he did made him look more arrogant and people will probably be put off from going to see him for it.

laurouski
29-04-2007, 01:22
I'm quite glad Anthony went. It's not that I dislike him, I just quite like Craig, and I don't see why all of the judges were always raving about him.

I was kind of disappointed to see Seamus go, in a way, because he was one of the better singers, but I wasn't too bothered cos he is unbelievably arrogant. He is the only one who I was glad to watch have his coat snatched off of him!

I was rather shocked when I saw the first Joseph get voted off (another Anthony, I think) - it's pretty brutal! And tonight, when Anthony was booted out, in the middle of the coat-snatching, the camera focused on his girlfriend, with tears streaming down her face, and I thought it was a bit cruel to put her through that!

All this stuff about a 'show of his own' and 'conspiracy theories' (Seamus, I mean) is a load of nonsense - he wasn't that brilliant and he certainly wasn't the best on the show.

This is the only show I've watched for ages when I like most of the contestants!

I like, Daniel, Lee, Rob (although i don't think he's suited for Joseph), Ben, Craig and Lewis.

I don't dislike Keith or Chris, I just think they're both a bit weedy.

It's really hard to decide who I want to go next - Seamus was the only one I didn't like!

Footie_Chick
29-04-2007, 09:21
I actually quite liked Ben and when he was in the bottom too, I thought he would be gone, but when he was signing the last song he sang it with so much emotion. But i thought he had no chance against Seamus. So i was very shocked to see him go through but i'm glad he did. I think possibly Ben could be the dark horse like Helena was last year.

Trinity
29-04-2007, 10:50
I missed the second half of this, and I didn't see the loin cloths. (To be honest is sounds like grown men in nappies - cannot be good , surely?)

I am glad that Anthony has gone - his loud mouthed girlfriend shouting and wailing is not a pretty sight. I enjoyed his signing, but felt that his posture was rather wooden - he needs to loosen up a bit and mature - he is only 17 and has loads of talent and loads of time.

(But I would rather have seen Craig go - I just cannot take to the guy. His lipstick is just toooo pink - or is it the fake tan that is to orange?)

Seamus was too conceited for words - no one could love this guy half as much as he loves himself.

My favourites are Daniel, Lee and Rob

This show is great - real talent! (I mean in the musical sense, of course!)

Abbie
29-04-2007, 15:05
My favs at the moment are Lewis, Lee and Daniel.

Abigail
29-04-2007, 17:30

I did! And I also noticed him hanging onto his coat as if he was really really annoyed that he'd been kicked out. My mum said it was like he was sticking two fingers up at ALW. I just thought he was ignorant.

He deserved to go. I though Andrew might save him considering Ben has been in the bottom two before but thank goodness he didn't. It's like Andrew said, if he was destined for the West End then he would have made it by now.

Conspiracy theories... oh dear, he really is bitter about it all. How dare he say that about the pannel after all the hard work they put into helping the contestants and making the show what it is :angry: Anybody hear the boos when he said that? Next he'll be saying that they fixed the voting to get rid of him...

I think a lot of them would be great in the West End but some of them lack the experience and need a few years. Keith is a good performer but, at 17, I don't think he's quite ready for it yet.

I see Rob more as one of the brothers. Lee to win, he's my Joseph :)

Does anyone know why they aren't doing a text-vote?

laurouski
29-04-2007, 19:25
Like I said, I like all of them. I think Lee's the most suited to the part, but I also think Daniel and Rob are really good performers.

Lewis makes me laugh, his cheerfulness is so infectious - and you've gotta love Nana Jean! :D

Seamus really did irritate me, he wasn't as good as he thought he was, and am I the only one who thought his hair looked ridiculous?!

I didn't see him holding onto his coat (although, admittedly, this was probably because that was when I was telling my mum about how, if it was me, I'd sew a button onto my coat - but i was joking!), but I think it was really unfair of him - I agree with your mum, jelly belly, that it was like he was sticking two fingers up at ALW. If it was anyone else, you'd probably laugh, knowing that they were just joking, but because it was Seamus you knew he was serious. He needs to get his head out of his.. *ahem*.. backside.. and take a leaf out of Anthony's book - he took it with such good humour.

---------------------------------------------------------

Have just looked on youtube, and found the clip of Seamus getting the boot:

--->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfW9-SZXZqs , for anyone who wants it.

He really is an arrogant SOB. Did anyone else notice that no-one was crying like they usually are? I am not surprised.
I also thought, I'm not sure what episode of The Simpsons it is, it might be the ones where Sideshow Bob is still getting on with Krusty the Clown, but if anyone's ever seen an episode where Sideshow Bob has bowed, the way Seamus bowed at the end, and his hair, really reminded me of Sideshow Bob. :rotfl:

pookie1968uk
29-04-2007, 22:33
i was really glad that people saw through seamus and voted him off. he was so arrogant.
i really like lee, daniel and rob with probably lee to win.

Jessie Wallace
30-04-2007, 23:43
I just watched it, oml life how far up his own backside is he. Well we all kinda thought it, after that, talk about spitting your dummy out the pram.

Abigail
05-05-2007, 21:05
None of the boys really stood out tonight. I thought the judges were really hard on all of them. I think the only one that got some positive feedback was Keith.

DaVeyWaVey
05-05-2007, 21:08
I thought Keith and Ben were the best two performers tonight. Don't have a clue who will go though as i thought Ben and Keith were the best two tonight, and all the others were all as good as each other.

Abigail
05-05-2007, 21:13
Ben was much better than he has been in recent weeks. I don't think he'll be in the bottom two.
I think Lewis or Chris might go.

Chloe O'brien
05-05-2007, 21:13
Another fabulous performace from Keith, he was the best singer tonight. I think Lee, Lewis, Chris and Daniel have stuck themselves in their comfort zone and just gave a safe performance tonight. They all know they are good singers but they did not bank on Keith giving a brilliant performance. If they want to reach the final they are going to have to raise their game. I can see another shock in the sing off tonight.

xTanya
05-05-2007, 22:55
Keith was brilliant, quite surprised that Chris went there were people far worse than him tonight

CrazyLea
05-05-2007, 23:02
I must agree, Keith was seriously amazing tonight. Him, Lee and Daniel are my current favourites. I don't think Craig should have been in the bottom two, I think it should have been Lewis. Saying that, I think the right choice was made; saving Craig.

Chloe O'brien
05-05-2007, 23:06
Things are not looking good for Craig. That's two weeks in a row he has been in the sing off, although he didn't deserve to be there tonight as he gave a better performance that some other Joseph's. He will have to give it his all next week to stay in the competition and avoid the sing off, because if he is up against one of the better singers it will be the end of the road for him.

Jessie Wallace
05-05-2007, 23:09
Well that's the first time i didn't care went outta the bottom two. So next week it's gotta be Craig to go for me.

Footie_Chick
06-05-2007, 09:40
I though Keith was great last week, and the first time the judges all agreed and said he could be Joseph. I really enjoyed Ben's performance too, i think it was good for him going to see Helena.
Did you notice that in the results show when they were on the stage of that musical signing the song on the ship that they other cast said it Ben and Craig were the best and they were the two in the bottom two the week before.

Trinity
06-05-2007, 10:56
I think I am in agreement with the majority last night - Keith was fabulous. I haven't been a fan of his at all as anyone reading this thread will have noticed - but last night he was the best.

I still love Daniel, Rob wasn't so hot last night, and Lee struggled - but he is still in my top 3.

Lewis has to go next!! It is a shame that it isn't the '40 days and nights' show that they are auditioning for - he could play the ark.

Ben was the most animated i have seen him - if he doesn't get this job he could always be the next Robbie.

laurouski
06-05-2007, 16:56
I personally didn't think Keith was that brilliant last night.. :searchme:
I think he sang it well, and everything, I just thought it was quite bland and I wasn't particularly entertained watching it.

I thought the judges were pretty hard on Lee, I thought that he sang it fairly well considering it's not exactly an easy song to sing - they complained that he was shouting but it's difficult not to with a song like that.

Also, I know that the point of them singing different types of song is to see how adaptable they are, but it is kind of irritating when they give them pretty stupid songs to sing (because, like the one Lee sang, they don't really show off their voices), and then complain that they can't sing that type of song very well, when all they are going to have to sing in the show is Joseph songs.
I wouldn't want the competition to be just about singing Joseph songs all the time, I just think they should give them songs that they can actually sing properly.

I think Ben was quite bad this week and, even though I like him, his defiance is starting to annoy me because there is no denying (IMO) that he is a pretty weak singer (probably the worst there, in fact).
I think then end is nigh for him, and next week I want him or Keith to go, although I doubt Keith will.

Ben was the most animated i have seen him - if he doesn't get this job he could always be the next Robbie.

Don't you think one is enough?! :sick:

Katy
06-05-2007, 17:24
They are all pretty good. I think that Lewis is becoming my favourite or Lee. I cant decide who deserves to go although the one that sung oh what a night had some duff tuning last night.

Trinity
06-05-2007, 20:31

Absolutely!

I don't think Luna would agree though :rotfl:

angelblue
06-05-2007, 20:41
I really like Daniel and Rob and Ben and i also don`t mind Lee :)

Abi
06-05-2007, 21:29
I loved Keith last night. He was the best out of the bunch, i think.

When do you think they'll all start singing songs from Joseph? I'd rather hear them repeated over and over again, rather than random pop songs. Or at least, songs from musicals.

Chloe O'brien
06-05-2007, 22:19
They sing a song from Joesph at the begining as a group, but I think once they get down to the last four or five they will be asked to sing songs from the musical.

Abi
06-05-2007, 22:36
Its just because some of them are really good singers, but they're pop star singers. Untill they start singing songs from any musical, i think its hard to tell whose the best. Would be good if they did it alternate weeks or something- one week its from a musical, next its not etc.

Katy
07-05-2007, 11:31
I also think they should sing a female song from a musical to see how well they portray emotion. That's quite common when you audition for parts these days./

Luna
07-05-2007, 12:36
keith was brilliant the other night, i wasnt a big fan of him to start off with but he is just going from strengh to strengh. KEITH TO WIN!!

pookie1968uk
07-05-2007, 21:43
I personally didn't think Keith was that brilliant last night.. :searchme:
I think he sang it well, and everything, I just thought it was quite bland and I wasn't particularly entertained watching it.

I thought the judges were pretty hard on Lee, I thought that he sang it fairly well considering it's not exactly an easy song to sing - they complained that he was shouting but it's difficult not to with a song like that.

Also, I know that the point of them singing different types of song is to see how adaptable they are, but it is kind of irritating when they give them pretty stupid songs to sing (because, like the one Lee sang, they don't really show off their voices), and then complain that they can't sing that type of song very well, when all they are going to have to sing in the show is Joseph songs.
I wouldn't want the competition to be just about singing Joseph songs all the time, I just think they should give them songs that they can actually sing properly.

I think Ben was quite bad this week and, even though I like him, his defiance is starting to annoy me because there is no denying (IMO) that he is a pretty weak singer (probably the worst there, in fact).
I think then end is nigh for him, and next week I want him or Keith to go, although I doubt Keith will.

i agree with you about the suitibility of songs. they give them pop songs that their voices dont suit then critisise when they struggle with them. they need to be singing more songs from musicals as they are not wanting to win the x factor, they want to do theatre!
i still like daniel and lee even though they had badish weeks.

Abigail
09-05-2007, 13:59
Its just because some of them are really good singers, but they're pop star singers. Untill they start singing songs from any musical, i think its hard to tell whose the best. Would be good if they did it alternate weeks or something- one week its from a musical, next its not etc.

Lee and Daniel will be the better ones out of the group when it comes to singing songs from musicals considering they already have theatre experience.
I reckon once they get down to 6 they'll start singing two songs each to fill the time slot so one will be a musical and the other a pop song.

Next week I think Ben or Craig will go. IMO they're the weaker singers and I don't think Ben is strong enough to stand on stage 8 times a week and perform.

ALW's blog on Saturday night's performance http://www.andrewlloydwebber.com/sections/news/newsdb.php?article=66

DaVeyWaVey
12-05-2007, 20:08
What a brilliant show tonight! I thought all the Josephs were excellent tonight and all of their performances were of a very high standard, there was not a weak Joseph within them at all.

I felt sorry for Rob, but one person did have to go tonight, and as all of the performances were of a very high standard, it must have been a tough call for Andrew Lloyd Webber to choose between him and Lewis.

My favourite performance was from Keith tonight. He performed such an emotional performance and his acting comes across really well on stage, and he put across that he can be really mature in what he does.

Abigail
12-05-2007, 20:24
Excellent performances from everybody tonight. I felt Rob didn't do himself justice and he deserved to go. I think Craig was brill, it's the first time he's shown some talent IMO.

Lee was just amazing. He really brings out the meaning from the song and he's a great actor. He puts so much effort and emotion into his performance. He's my Joseph, although Keith may give him a run for his money.

Keith... what a guy. He's a dark horse. Brilliant performance and I thought he was really good as showing vulnerability during the video with John. Most guys would have got up and gone and cried somewhere where they couldn't be seen. It must have taken guts to lie on the floor and cry in front of the other contestants. Top guy :)

My weakest performers tonight were Lewis, Ben and Rob.

Chloe O'brien
12-05-2007, 20:33
This has to be one of the best week for the Joseph's so far. All singers perfomed brilliantly but sadly one had to go. Disapointed that Rob was the one to go. I thought he performed better than Lewis. Keith again was amazing he has to go all the way, the judges have to look past his age and give him a chance.

Footie_Chick
12-05-2007, 21:44
Got to agree about all the comments about Keith he was amazing, even had Denise crying during his song. His last two weeks have been the best, he can really pull emotional songs out of the bag.

As for Craig it's the first time i've seen him and i've actually really liked him performance, he was so emotional and i think thats what made it better as a viewer.

I didn't really like Lewis and Rob tonight so I thought the bottom two were correct.

Chloe O'brien
13-05-2007, 00:50
If craig can survive the sing off next week then I think it will be Lee and Lewis in the bottom two as both got negative coments last week and they have been hovering in the bottom half of the scores the last couple of weeks. If Keith keeps performing the way he does his may competition is Daniel although Zoe did not rate him tonight.

JustJodi
13-05-2007, 09:20
I missed last weeks episode,, so I had to come here to find out who got booted out,,, I was a bit surprised that Rob was kicked out I really thought Lewis or Craig would leave.. Keith really knows how to belt out those songs, and takes direction pretty darn good,, I saw him reduce Denise to tears with his song.. whoo..
I think Craig and Lewis will be on the chopping block next week,,
Its getting TOUGHER each week and I am LOVING each episode :-D

JustJodi
13-05-2007, 09:26
Well that's the first time i didn't care went outta the bottom two. So next week it's gotta be Craig to go for me.

I really want Craig to leave,, I don't like him much,,, hubby wanted to know what was up with the lippy LOL:rotfl:

Trinity
13-05-2007, 12:28
Keith just gets better and better. Lee was great and I love Daniel - what has Zoe got against him.

The right two were in the sing off - and Rob was the right one to go - but I would love Lewis to go next week, I cannot stand him.

Does Lewis remind anyone else of a Thunderbirds puppet? Just the was he bends at the knees - it is like his strings are too loose.

JustJodi
13-05-2007, 12:53
Yea... I was trying to put my finger on it about Lewis and yea hes sorta like a marionette with loose strings... Craig wears just a bit too much lippy.......:lol:

Abbie
13-05-2007, 18:25
I think it was right that rob went, craig was good but there is something about him that just isnt good and I think he should go next

Abigail
13-05-2007, 19:12
If Keith keeps performing the way he does his main competition is Daniel although Zoe did not rate him tonight.

I think his main competition would be Lee. Daniel is excellent. don't get me wrong, I do like him, but there's something that doesn't make me see Joseph in him. I thought from the start that he could be Joseph but now I'm beginning to think that Keith will be in the final (along with Lee hopefully).

The next 3 week's evictions... Ben, Craig and Lewis in that order. Then it'll be a fight for the final.

Wonder if they will do 2 songs next week with there only being 6 of them left to fill the time slot.

Abigail
13-05-2007, 19:55
Keith just gets better and better. Lee was great and I love Daniel - what has Zoe got against him.

I don't know but she comes across as a stuck-up cow to me. I don't like her at all.

Abi
13-05-2007, 21:54
Rob was the right one to go last night. He is a good enough singer, but not "Joseph". Keith is getting better each show :cheer:

Chloe O'brien
13-05-2007, 22:53
I'm not a big fan of Craigs but I've got to keep my mouth closed as there are poster up around Marley's school as Craig's brother Gavin teaches gymnastics there. To me he is not putting as much effort into his songs as the others are and he has a funny shaped nose. In all fairness to the other contestents it should be him or Lewis that goes next week as they are two of the weakest singers.

pookie1968uk
14-05-2007, 15:15
i think the right two were in the sing off and i just hope lewis goes next week. my friend thinks he looks like worzel gummidge the scarecrow if anyone can remember him!
i am not really a fan of craig but he sang well this week and deserved to stay in. he sang very emotionally and strong.
my favourite is still lee though.

Jessie Wallace
14-05-2007, 17:13
All i have to say is - Wow Keith

Abigail
14-05-2007, 20:56
From the bbc website:
Zoe has nothing but praise for Rob the builder.

So, so sad to see Rob the builder go. I understand what the other judges are saying about him not looking like a Joseph, but let me tell you as a vocal coach no one had the breathing and could sustain the technique of being a singer better than Rob (doesn't she say this about all of the contestants?). I feel my job was done and he did an incredible job on the show (didn't she say that he wasn't the best on the night and deserved to go?). Lets hope he will hit the stage big time very soon!

Sounds like somebody is being a hypocrite.

See what you mean about Wurzel Gummidge.
Craig did sing well this week but it's the first time he's sung that good and IMO it's a bit late in the day to start producing great peformances.

CrazyLea
14-05-2007, 22:29
I think it should have been Craig who went.. I didn't particuarly see Rob as a Joseph, but another week of hearing Craig? Snoozzzzzzze. Him or Lewis to go next!

Abigail
18-05-2007, 21:23
Trio Trauma
This week our Josephs will be performing in threes, but which ones are at sixes and sevens?

This week our Josephs will be performing in threes, but which ones are at sixes and sevens?

This week our remaining Josephs will be dividing into two trios to perform a group number on Saturday. Lee, Daniel and Craig form one trio, while Lewis, Keith and Ben form the other.

In their rehearsal, the 'young ones' found their attention wandering. At one point Lewis seemed more interested in styling his hair and throwing toilet rolls around the room!

Ben and Keith did try and get their trio act together, saying that they needed to be focused - but Lewis was non-plussed, "we're always focused. This is what we want to do."

Toward the end of the session the boys lost focus completely - Ben and Keith bought sweets and popcorn and danced about, while Lewis sang the exit song into his hairspray.

Let's hope it all comes together on Saturday! But just what will our trios be singing? Tune in BBC One at 8.10pm and 10pm to find out.

__________________________________________________ _________

Looks to be interesting. I think Keither will shine out of the young group and Craig will lag in the older group. In my opinion Lee and Daniel are much better than Craig so it will be interesting to see whether Craig can deliever to a high standard.

Abigail
18-05-2007, 21:33
Just to let you know, ALW and John Barrowman are on Jonathan Ross tonight at 10.35 talking about the show.

DaVeyWaVey
18-05-2007, 21:38
Thanks for saying JB, I'll make sure that I tune in. The trio stuff sounds interesting, i think Keith will shine out of him, Lewis and Ben too. Also, i think Lee will stand out well in his trio with Daniel and Craig.

Abigail
18-05-2007, 21:41
I agree with you, Lee and Keith will be the best out of each group. I hope they do a Joseph song tomorrow.

DaVeyWaVey
18-05-2007, 21:44
I agree with you, Lee and Keith will be the best out of each group. I hope they do a Joseph song tomorrow.

Yeah so do I - it is what the show is about after all. I think now there is less of them they could all do a Joseph song each.

Abigail
18-05-2007, 21:49
I wonder why they are performing in groups and if they will perform a solo song as well.
How many more shows until the final?

DaVeyWaVey
18-05-2007, 21:58
I think there are 3 or 4 more shows left JB...they'll probably do the trio songs and then they'll all do seperate songs to fill out the airtime as it is an hour show after all.

Chloe O'brien
18-05-2007, 22:18
Just to let you know, ALW and John Barrowman are on Jonathan Ross tonight at 10.35 talking about the show.

Flaming nora nearly forgot about that Jelly doll. This is what is happening tomorrow:
This week our remaining Josephs will be dividing into two trios to perform a group number on Saturday. Lee, Daniel and Craig form one trio, while Lewis, Keith and Ben form the other.
In their rehearsal, the 'young ones' found their attention wandering. At one point Lewis seemed more interested in styling his hair and throwing toilet rolls around the room!
Ben and Keith did try and get their trio act together, saying that they needed to be focused - but Lewis was non-plussed, "we're always focused. This is what we want to do."
Toward the end of the session the boys lost focus completely - Ben and Keith bought sweets and popcorn and danced about, while Lewis sang the exit song into his hairspray.
Let's hope it all comes together on Saturday! But just what will our trios be singing? Tune in BBC One at 8.10pm and 10pm to find out.

Abigail
18-05-2007, 22:32
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's episode. I think performing in the groups will sort the men from the boys so to speak. The strong ones will shine through and the weaker ones won't be able to keep up the high standard set by the likes of Lee, Keith and Daniel.

Abigail
18-05-2007, 23:25
Bit more from the bbc website:
Voice coach Zoe Tyler gets tough with the boys.

Voice coach Zoe Tyler gets tough with the boys.

Over in the training room, Zoe has been helping some of the boys with this week's solo numbers, offering, in some cases, some stern advice.

Head boy seemed to be Ben. Zoe told him that she was pleased with his vocals, but said he had to smile more.

Daniel confronted Zoe about the fact that she singled him out as not "being Joseph" to which Zoe explained that it was a technical matter, but Daniel disagreed, "There's more to being Joseph than technical things," he pointed out.

During Lee's vocal session Zoe remarked that we would all see a dark Lee with his song this week. "Mr intense is going to get intenser!" (sounds good :) )she joked.

Later in the day, Zoe was quite tough on Lewis telling him that he needs to work really hard this week. She also drove home the importance of the song itself: "The whole world loves this song, if you do it wrong everyone will hate you," she warned.

When singing his solo number for this week, Craig worried Zoe. She told him that it was important to remember what he did last week to avoid returning to being Mr Cabaret Craig.

Jessie Wallace
19-05-2007, 21:12
Well for me tonight it's gotta be Lewis or Craig that go, they both just look really outta place and uncomfortable on the stage now.
Keith awsome again, and still my number one, but wow, how good is Ben getting now, he has so upped his game.
I thought that Daniel looked so at home in the group part tonight, looked like he'd been doing this all his life.

DaVeyWaVey
19-05-2007, 21:23
Really enjoyed tonight's show. I think Lewis and Craig were the weaker performers tonight, and the rest were fantastic. It's a really tough competition now. Ben has made a brilliant improvement in recent weeks too.

xTanya
19-05-2007, 22:33
Right actually just lost all respect for ALW what is the man thinking did he actually just listen to Daniel singing Bring him home? It was beautiful he's mad

Jessie Wallace
19-05-2007, 22:35
I personall think that Daniel was the wrong choice to go home tonight, out of Daniel and Lewis. But then i suppose Andrew hasn't got where he is today by making wrong choices. And i suppose Daniel did get the lowest votes with the public too.

DaVeyWaVey
19-05-2007, 22:36
Andrew Lloyd Webber just made the wrong decision in my opinion. Lewis should have gone out of him and Daniel, i thought. They kept saying how Daniel was smiling too much, and being all nice, and not putting in enough emotion, but the song in the sing-off, he did so well on it, and he showed so much emotion, more emotion than Lewis. It was an exceptional performance from him. The wrong decision was made.

Abigail
19-05-2007, 22:38
Right actually just lost all respect for ALW what is the man thinking did he actually just listen to Daniel singing Bring him home? It was beautiful he's mad

I really don't understand how Daniel was in the bottom two. Lewis and Craig were far worse than him. And ALW, what the hell were you thinking saving Lewis?? What were you listening to tonight? Even Denise was crying at the end.

Lee was AMAZING, I think it has to be his best performance to date. I'm waiting for it to go up on youtube so I can watch it again :)

I didn't think Keith was as good as last week and neither was Craig. Ben was pretty good, although all I could think about during his performance was that his shirt is the same colour as the icing on the buns I made today. I liked the hip thing at the start of his performance.

Abigail
19-05-2007, 22:41
They kept saying how Daniel was smiling too much, and being all nice, and not putting in enough emotion, but the song in the sing-off, he did so well on it, and he showed so much emotion, more emotion than Lewis. It was an exceptional performance from him. The wrong decision was made.

Lewis always looks as if he has got a pole lost somewhere when he sings...
Daniel can do it and he should have gone further. He put in a good performance tonight and he shouldn't have been in the bottom two. It says something when the same person is in the bottom two two weeks running.

Jessie Wallace
19-05-2007, 22:44
Even Denise was crying at the end.

Denise cry's every time someone goes.

And another things, what is it with Blonde, when he is singing, and his mouth, oml it's so annoying, he looks like a cow chewing the cud! :mad:

JustJodi
19-05-2007, 22:58
:eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: Has ALW lost his mind?????????? Daniel was by far the best of the last 3... Lewis was poo poo:sick:

Daniel was totally at ease on stage.. he was just terrific,, I think the panel was SHOCKED:eek: too

Lewis better go next week or Craig even,, Lewis always looks like a deer caught in headlights and a poker up where the sun don't shine,,

Right now I am so mad

Abigail
19-05-2007, 23:04
Right now I am so mad

I share your anger and annoyance at ALW. Great man, no disrespect to him but he made totally the wrong decision tonight.

I have a theory though - and this is just an idea that I have - ALW already knows who he wants in the final and Daniel is likely to compromise that. He knows that Lewis, Craig and Ben won't make it to the final.

Jessie Wallace
19-05-2007, 23:07
I know that we all think his decison was wrong. But that still doesn't make any differnece, it was us public that didn't vote for him, therefore meaning he made it into the bottom two, infact last with the public voting.

Abigail
19-05-2007, 23:11
I know that we all think his decison was wrong. But that still doesn't make any differnece, it was us public that didn't vote for him, therefore meaning he made it into the bottom two, infact last with the public voting.

We all thought the same - he's safe so there's no point in voting for him. I guess nobody is safe from the chop now.

Jessie Wallace
19-05-2007, 23:18
Never think anyone is safe. But still even if people did think he was safe, he wouldn't have been last in the viewers votes.

Oh well nothing can be done about it now. Just hope he get's a job in a different musical, as he would be fab to go see.

Chloe O'brien
19-05-2007, 23:21
Can't believe Daniel went tonight, last week was a shock that Rob went but the fact that Lewis and Craig are still in it is beyond belief. Surley with Lewis being in the botton two weeks in a row must tell ALW something that the public wouldn't pay money to go and see him on the west end stage. Daniel, Lee and Keith are the strongest singers in the competition with Ben being the dark horse. If Lewis or Craig is the sing off next week they have to go its not fair on the better performers being thrown off just because ALW thinks they will get better if they stay another week.

xTanya
19-05-2007, 23:54
Daniel singing that song proved he is a MUSICAL THEATRE performer which funnily enough is what they are casting it still bugs me that they sing pop songs anyway the only reason he got rid of Daniel is because he wants Lee to win and knows that Daniel was stiff competition but he will be in trouble if at the end he has a weak person and Lee and then the viewers don't pick Lee.

Chloe O'brien
20-05-2007, 01:53
I don't know what was goingon in ALW head tonight, maybe he is letting his personal favourite of the competition cloud his judgement of the objective of the show. He may prefer Lewis against Daniel and believe that the panel can groom Lewis into a talented performer, but at the end of the day its the public who have the final say, and it will be the public who pay over £50 a ticket to see this show. Okay tonight Daniel was the least popular with the public vote but I think it was down to the song he sung rather than they way he performed, with Lewis he has been in the sing off two weeks running and has been amongst the last to be selected over the last few weeks. As I have said earlier Lee and Keith are the strongest contenders for the role of joseph if both of them were to be in the sing of against Lewis or Craig would ALW save them, because I would not pay money to see Lewis or Craig in the role of Joeseph.

Trinity
20-05-2007, 08:13
I was shocked. Gutted even!

Lewis is horrendous - I really cannot stand him, and Daniel is one of my top 2!

I wish I had voted now!!!!
When Daniel was signing the last song I though he was amazing, I don't know what ALW was thinking of. I was almost in tears myself.

Lewis is wooden, vain, gawky and his eyebrows are the most expressive part of him. His superbendy knees annoy me.

Cut his strings somebody, please!

Craig's signing has improved a lot - now they need to do something with his speaking voice.

pookie1968uk
20-05-2007, 10:30
i could not believe that daniel went last night, he had an amazing voice. when he sang his last joseph song last night i was thinking i could easily listen to him on stage.
why lewis is still there is completely beyond me. craig is definitely better than him now as he has really improved.
lee stands out as by far the best, his performance was amazing and he acts as well as sings it. he should easily win the competition but as it gets nearer to the end i keep feeling there will be a nasty surprise and he wont win it.
i will be gutted if he doesnt!

Abigail
20-05-2007, 12:15
lee stands out as by far the best, his performance was amazing and he acts as well as sings it. he should easily win the competition but as it gets nearer to the end i keep feeling there will be a nasty surprise and he wont win it.
i will be gutted if he doesnt!

I have a feeling that even if Lee doesn't win ALW will give him a leading man in one of his other productions. ALW would be a fool to let Lee go back to being an understudy when he is more than capeable of being a leading man.

Footie_Chick
20-05-2007, 13:08
It was a shock decision before they both sang at the end you heard Lewis say to Daniel you have nothing to worry about as he was sure he was going home. Glad Ben did well tonight, he is for sure another Helena. Keith was great get again too.

angelblue
20-05-2007, 16:26
Nooooooooooo did Daniel go last night i forget to watch the result :crying:

Abigail
20-05-2007, 17:30
Yeah he did.
Here's why ALW sent Daniel home http://www.andrewlloydwebber.com/sections/news/newsdb.php?article=73

laurouski
20-05-2007, 20:10
:angry:

I can't believe ALW kept Lewis over Daniel! Personally, I don't think Lewis is up to much anyway, even though I quite like his personality, but he definitely deserved to go rather than Daniel.

My opinion of the final five:

1) Lee - I still think that he is the most suited to the role of Joseph, and probably the best performer left, now.

2) Lewis - Well, as I've said, I don't really think he's that brilliant. I don't think he is that great a performer and I just don't think he's suited at all. I don't like his hair - I very much doubt that they had hair straighteners back in those days... :nono:

3) Ben - I used to like him but, as I've said before, I think he's not only the weakest performer there, but also pretty crappy anyway. He's getting very boring now, and he's turning into an arrogant little... *ahem*, well you know what I mean. :)

4) Craig - I do like him, and think he's pretty good, but I couldn't imagine him as Joseph as much as Lee. I think he's my choice to come second, though. I also wish the public would vote for him more, because even when he's being kept by ALW, it's really knocking his confidence and he doesn't deserve it (IMO).

5) Keith - Again, I think he's quite bland, and he's the contestant that, out of all of them, I find the hardest to imagine as Joseph. He's a boy, not a man, and he's too scrawny, and, to be honest, too ugly (IMO) to be Joseph, or any other leading male, for that matter. I know Joseph isn't supposed to be seen as some sort of Casanova, but I think there's gotta be some sex appeal there, and also some realism. Keith as anyone other than a weak little boy is just unbelievable for me. :searchme:

I also thought it was nice to see John Barrowman and ALW wearing yellow ribbons for missing Madeleine McCann.

Abigail
21-05-2007, 11:13
My opinion of the final five:

1) Lee - I still think that he is the most suited to the role of Joseph, and probably the best performer left, now.

2) Lewis - Well, as I've said, I don't really think he's that brilliant. I don't think he is that great a performer and I just don't think he's suited at all. I don't like his hair - I very much doubt that they had hair straighteners back in those days... :nono:

3) Ben - I used to like him but, as I've said before, I think he's not only the weakest performer there, but also pretty crappy anyway. He's getting very boring now, and he's turning into an arrogant little... *ahem*, well you know what I mean. :)

4) Craig - I do like him, and think he's pretty good, but I couldn't imagine him as Joseph as much as Lee. I think he's my choice to come second, though. I also wish the public would vote for him more, because even when he's being kept by ALW, it's really knocking his confidence and he doesn't deserve it (IMO).

5) Keith - Again, I think he's quite bland, and he's the contestant that, out of all of them, I find the hardest to imagine as Joseph. He's a boy, not a man, and he's too scrawny, and, to be honest, too ugly (IMO) to be Joseph, or any other leading male, for that matter. I know Joseph isn't supposed to be seen as some sort of Casanova, but I think there's gotta be some sex appeal there, and also some realism. Keith as anyone other than a weak little boy is just unbelievable for me. :searchme:

I also thought it was nice to see John Barrowman and ALW wearing yellow ribbons for missing Madeleine McCann.

1. Lee - I have to agree with you there completly. The only competition Lee had was Daniel, both having performed in the West End and being the most experienced. I'm only going to buy tickets to see it in the West End if Lee wins.

2. Lewis - he's the same every week. There's no spark there (whatever ALW says, I can't see anything) and he's so boring. IMO he cares more about his looks (remember the VT from Saturday)

3. Ben - he's become overconfident in the past few weeks. I don't think he's believeable and able to carry off Joseph.

4. Craig - he's ok but he's got a long way to go before the final.

5. Keith - I think he's way too young for this role, he's only 17 and too inexperienced for West End theatre.

Did you notice Graham wasn't wearing a yellow ribbon though?

angelblue
21-05-2007, 11:58
The problem with Lewis is ALW thinks he could be a joesph and no disrespect to ALW he is legend in what he does.:o

Really though are people going to spend 35- 40 pound to go see Lewis at the theater. I really liked Daniel i would go and watch him.:p

DaVeyWaVey
21-05-2007, 12:17
My opinions of the final five:

Lee - I think he is the best performer there, i do agree. He is the most experienced and every week, he shines above the rest. He has a very strong chance of winning.

Lewis - He is the weakest out of all of them now in my opinion. He really needs to raise his game if he wants to stay in. I just don't see much emotion when he performs.

Ben - He's improved a hell of a lot over the past few weeks, but i can't see him as a West End star. I see him as more of a popstar, but i think he still has a good chance of winning.

Craig - I think he has improved as well as the show has gone on, but he has a lot of work to do if he wants to make it to the final. I think he has the potential though to become a West End star.

Keith - I think he has a very good chance of winning. I think he is Lee's main competition. His performances each week are fantastic. I think he has shown the maturity now that he can play the role of Joseph and he has a very good chance of winning.

CrazyLea
21-05-2007, 17:53
I was well gutted that Daniel went :(.

I really hope that Lewis, Craig or Ben go next week. I personally don't think Lewis has a good voice, and I also think he's a bad performer, he bores me when he's on. I always get distracted lol.

Lee is my favourite he's always good and is a good performer. Daniel was my second favourite :(. Still can't believe he's gone. I thought he was going to go further.

CrazyLea
21-05-2007, 17:54
I was well gutted that Daniel went :(.

I really hope that Lewis, Craig or Ben go next week. I personally don't think Lewis has a good voice, and I also think he's a bad performer, he bores me when he's on. I always get distracted lol.

Lee is my favourite he's always good and is a good performer. Daniel was my second favourite :(. Still can't believe he's gone. I thought he was going to go further.

Abbie
21-05-2007, 18:31
I finally watched it and I was so shocked!!!
I want ben to go now, theres something about him that i dont like

xTanya
21-05-2007, 19:24
I should probably support Lewis more as he goes to the drama school I went to but I just don't think he is strong enough to carry a show himself I think he needs a few more years training as he is very young.

laurouski
21-05-2007, 22:33
I don't think Craig is the best performer, he just looks the best in the technicolour dream-coat. :D

I don't know why he does, but Lewis and Keith are both too skinny, and Ben.. well, I don't like him enough to even think about it.

I'm sure you all have a good idea by now about how well I think Lee suits the coat.. :o

I was just watching the group performance of 'She Loves You' again (it's been in my head all day!), and I have to admit Keith did sound quite good in that. Even in that performance Ben just oozed arrogance.

I feel a bit mean now about calling Keith ugly, after looking at his cute little baby-face!

JustJodi
21-05-2007, 23:13
Hi gang can some one give me a nutshell version from the video blog that ALW put out ... I can't read his lips, fast enough LOL
So what was his reason behind letting Daniel go ??? :searchme:

Thanks Jodi:D

Jessie Wallace
22-05-2007, 00:06
He said it was a really tough show, coz he thought everyone performed wonderfully. He didn't think it would get down to the two that it was, he thought it would be Craig and Lewis! The scene with Denise and Lewis, made Andy re-think. He thought that really Daniel should have maybe stayed for another couple of shows, he said that Daniel would never be a Joseph. Where as he thinks Lewis just possibly could be, he he basically needs to up his game loads for next week. And if he doesn't then he'll go, but he still thinks he's got loads of tallent and he's young, and he wanted to stay with the youth tonight.

I think that just about covers it babe :D

Katy
22-05-2007, 09:32
For me i can't stand Keith, i think he should go, i think he is a bit monotone. Lewis is my favourite and i dont think he deserved to be in the bottom two.

As for the panel there getting worse some o f the comments from Zoe and Denise were just plain rude on saturday night.

JustJodi
22-05-2007, 10:27
He said it was a really tough show, coz he thought everyone performed wonderfully. He didn't think it would get down to the two that it was, he thought it would be Craig and Lewis! The scene with Denise and Lewis, made Andy re-think. He thought that really Daniel should have maybe stayed for another couple of shows, he said that Daniel would never be a Joseph. Where as he thinks Lewis just possibly could be, he he basically needs to up his game loads for next week. And if he doesn't then he'll go, but he still thinks he's got loads of tallent and he's young, and he wanted to stay with the youth tonight.

I think that just about covers it babe :D
thank you darlin'muwahhhhhhhhh Jodi:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Abigail
22-05-2007, 11:11
For me i can't stand Keith, i think he should go, i think he is a bit monotone. Lewis is my favourite and i dont think he deserved to be in the bottom two.

As for the panel there getting worse some of the comments from Zoe and Denise were just plain rude on saturday night.

I agree. The panel started out really nice with positive comments at the start of the show but Zoe in particular has become really nasty in her feedback.

Jodi, I was wondering what you thought of the contestants considering you can't actually hear them sing. Who do you think is best from their performances on stage?

OK, I've just watched the videos from Saturday of Lewis and Daniel http://www.bbc.co.uk/joseph/joseph/news/2007/05/21/44753.shtml and it kills me to say this... based on the vocal Lewis was the better one. Daniel's vocal was a bit hit and miss and he's inherited Lewis's spider legs. His group performance was much better though.

If Lee doesn't win it'll be a travesty. He's a brilliant singer and actor, he can dance and he puts everything into his performances. I get goosebumps when he sings.

xTanya
22-05-2007, 11:32
I kind of agree about the performances Lewis probably did do a better job with the first performance but this is why it frustrates me that they sing pop songs because when it came to singing a musical theatre song Daniel was so much better. Evergreen is also alot harder to sing than the song Lewis sung.

JustJodi
22-05-2007, 11:34
Jelly...I judge them by their body language, facial expressions,,my neighbor was a singer she taught me all the "moves".. and my sister is also a singer too, she says the voice reflects with the expression on the face,, since I knew the songs they were singing,,(for example She Loves You,, is a Beatle song very jaunty and rythmnic..Keith and Daniel and Lee nailed it )( Blue Suede Shoes,, Elvis,, Ben did a fairly good job.. he could have loosened up a bit more )
So basically that was how i judged them,Daniel may have missed a few but his overall performance during the contest was pretty damn good compared to Craig and Lewis ( they both have a face like they are in PAIN,, and some of those songs were not that painful to sing .. they got to let go and feel the song and then express it)
So thats all she wrote :D

Chloe O'brien
22-05-2007, 11:51
Daniel's performance on Saturday was not one of his better ones, but he did not deserve to be in the sing off. If ALW believes that Daniel would never had been a Joeseph then why was he selected as one of the final twelve. And as for going with youth, isn't that contradicting what the other judges say as Anthony was voted off because ALW thought he was too young to play Joeseph and it is one of the critism that the judges have agains Keith. Time will tell on Saturday if ALW does stay true to his word and send Lewis home if he is in the sing off for a third week. The sing off has to be between Lewis and Craig.

Abbie
22-05-2007, 13:21
Yeh I agree I think Craig and Lewis sometimes look like they are in pain when they are singing but I think that Lewis is better than craig
Carig or Ben to go next

Trinity
22-05-2007, 13:33
I am in pain when Lewis sings....really. It comes on at the first sign of him - a sort of sick feeling and it doen't stop until his disappears from the screen.

Lewis to go at the earliest opportunity!

Abigail
22-05-2007, 13:46
And as for going with youth, isn't that contradicting what the other judges say as Anthony was voted off because ALW thought he was too young to play Joeseph and it is one of the critism that the judges have agains Keith.

So if Daniel is too old and Anthony was too young where does that leave Keith and Lewis who are only 17? Keith is the youngest in the competition.

Lewis has to go next week if he is in the bottom two. He should have been sent home on Saturday, it really says something if the public don't vote for him and he ends up in the bottom two two weeks running.

Abbie
22-05-2007, 13:55
Im just sooooo annoyed that Daniel went

Abigail
24-05-2007, 12:57
Bad Boy Ben
This week we'll see a softer side to wide-boy Ben.

This week we'll see a softer side to wide-boy Ben.

During his session with Bill, Zoe and stagecraft trainer Pete, Ben seemed worried about the song he's performing as his solo number this week.

The Joseph experts assured him that he has nothing to worry about. They believe that this week his song gives him the perfect chance to show his vulnerable side, although now that he's been given such an opportunity to change public opinion of him, he seems too afraid to do it.

"You're gonna eat this song, don't worry about it. I wish I could sing like that," said Bill, reassuringly.

But Ben remained really worried, due to the fact he has to hit a really high note in the number. "There is no power left in my voice," he pleaded.

But Zoe wouldn't take any nonsense. "You've got to believe that you can do the high notes," she said. The tough love approach worked and Ben hit it perfectly. leaving Bill and Zoe impressed. "You are interpreting things so well, no one can teach you this," said Bill.

Afterwards, Bill said that he had high hopes for Ben, as this week's song would banish opinions that he's a cocky Joseph.

"What I saw there was vulnerability and I've never seen that before," he said.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________

Keith's had a hair cut http://www.bbc.co.uk/joseph/joseph/news/2007/05/23/44852.shtml and talks about his performance at the weekend http://www.bbc.co.uk/joseph/joseph/news/2007/05/22/44811.shtml

Abigail
24-05-2007, 19:40
Keith's Video Diary

Keith reveals that things might get a bit dirty.
Over in the Joseph house, Keith has given us a small clue as to just what the boys will be doing later this week.
Plus, he has news about Lee's new diet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/joseph/news/2007/05/24/44925.shtml

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Video Podcast
Zoe gives us her verdict on the remaining Josephs.
There are five boys left, Zoe tells us what she expects of them to stay in the competition. Watch the latest in our series of video podcasts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/joseph/news/2007/04/05/42413.shtml

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

I had a dream about Lee last night. He was in my bed wearing nothing but a tiny pair of blue speedos :) (I'm deadly serious)

pookie1968uk
24-05-2007, 21:54
Keith's Video Diary

Keith reveals that things might get a bit dirty.
Over in the Joseph house, Keith has given us a small clue as to just what the boys will be doing later this week.
Plus, he has news about Lee's new diet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/joseph/news/2007/05/24/44925.shtml

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Video Podcast
Zoe gives us her verdict on the remaining Josephs.
There are five boys left, Zoe tells us what she expects of them to stay in the competition. Watch the latest in our series of video podcasts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/joseph/news/2007/04/05/42413.shtml

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

I had a dream about Lee last night. He was in my bed wearing nothing but a tiny pair of blue speedos :) (I'm deadly serious)

that wouldnt be such a bad thing would it!!!!:rotfl:

Jessie Wallace
26-05-2007, 22:29
Hallelujah, Craig gone, just Lewis to go now.
For one moment i thought Andy was going to send Ben home, i was just about to get up and streak round the neighbour hood protesting, when thanksfull (for me and my neighbours) he said Craig to go :D

Abbie
26-05-2007, 22:34
I was so gald when they said who was in the bottom two cos I want both of them to go, but it was about time craig went, he always seemed to awkward for me

JustJodi
26-05-2007, 22:39
Ok Craigiepooh is gone..............Lewis to go next....Sounded like Andrew's daughter read him the riot act last Sunday for letting Daniel go...:eek:
They also know that Lewis WILL crack under pressure...:rolleyes:
If any one is gonna win at this point its gonna be Lee... just my 2 euro cents worth :searchme:

Abigail
26-05-2007, 22:42
What a phenomenal performance from Lee and Josh Groben. That totally blew my mind, I can't wait for it to go up on the website so I can watch it again. What did ALW say after they had sung? I didn't catch that bit.

The lads are right, Keith is arrogant and it showed tonight when he thought that he would be the one performing with Josh. Yeah, I know all the lads were disappointed at being cast as backing singers and not in the limelight but Keith got a cob on because "I have all his albums and I've been a huge fan of his since I was little blah blah blah..."

Anyway, I thought Lee's solo was great, even if he did perform in his jim jams. I did wonder how anyone could pull off a dreamer but he did it good. He was so at ease with himself on the stage and it showed through when he was lent back on the steps. Great performance :thumbsup:

Ben was great, he's coming on every week. He didn't go overboard with the emotion and I liked it.

Craig... weakest of the night for me. I couldn't work out if he was the betrayer or the betrayed. And he did exactly what ALW said not to do - smile. He just seemed out of place and uncomfortable on stage.

Lewis was another weak performer. He should deffinatly have gone tonight. I didn't like his performance and his voice was too harsh for the song.

Keith was OK, he pulled the arrogance off superbly but then again it didn't take much practice.

Lewis should have been in the bottom two. It seems that the curse of the coat has come to an end as it should have been Lewis in the bottom two according to Graham.

I don't think the panel were too pleased with ALW last week for sending Daniel home. And neither was his daughter. I was just beginning to like Craig and Ben. I think Ben is a rank outsider, rather like Ray was on X Factor, and he could possibly make it to the final.

Abigail
27-05-2007, 00:14
Here's an interview from Daniel. He's already been offered a job!!

Put yourself in Daniel Boys' shoes. Your dream is to show off your voice, your moves and your jazz hands on the West End stage. So you audition for a TV talent hunt to find a star for a revival of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and, after singing your lungs sore, you make the final half-dozen. Hurrah! But then Andrew Lloyd Webber - composer of 13 musicals, Oscar-winning songwriter, peerless theatre impresario - tells you that you're "not exciting" enough to entertain a West End audience. Pretty crushing, eh? Lesser men would crumble, but plucky Daniel is ready to bounce back with a part in a new musical. Hurrah! We caught up with the thwarted hopeful to discuss what went wrong, what he thinks of Andrew's song choices and why he wants to put his hand up a puppet's nether regions in the very near future.

How are you feeling after being eliminated on Saturday?
"I am really disappointed. I wanted to stay in a bit longer and I wanted to win, but deep down I think I've been kind of telling myself that I wasn't going to win. I'm just disappointed I left at such an early stage."

What do you think was your undoing?
"You know what, I really don't know. I think the song choice, perhaps: the public didn't seem to like it. It's difficult because we never got to pick the songs. I kind of knew all week that it was quite a risk, because it's quite a cheesy song and there's nothing much you can do with it. I thought I did my best, but obviously the panel didn't agree and the public didn't agree."

Who chooses the songs for you?
"Andrew picks the songs."

Which must make it difficult to argue with them!
"Haha, it would be a bit difficult! If it's something we really, really feel strongly about, we can say. There was one week where they wanted to make me sing a Scissor Sisters song that didn't suit my voice at all. I went in there and said, 'I don't think it's going to work'. They had me sing it and then they laughed, and agreed. They changed the song. But, as a general rule, we never really get a say."

Which song did you enjoy singing the most?
"I think my favourite song was in the first week, when I sang (James Morrison's) 'You Give Me Something'. I loved singing that. I also loved doing (Rod Stewart's) 'Maggie May' song. When I was given the song I didn't really know it and I was like, 'I don't know if I'll like this', but as the week progressed I grew to like it a lot. I also enjoyed the sing-off song, which was fantastic for me. All along, I'd thought to myself 'I really want to sing a bit of musical theatre', and finally I got to sing some. Obviously it was in that awful situation, but I at least got to show Andrew and the public what I was good at."

Did you find it odd that you were asked to sing pop songs to win a part in a West End musical?
"I did. It is quite frustrating, that. I kind of understand why they're doing it, because obviously the public have to be interested in what we're singing, but I think they think the public are stupid. They think the public won't know musical theatre songs, which I think is wrong. The public obviously have an interest, otherwise seven million people wouldn't watch the show. I can kind of understand - Joseph is a pop musical - but I do think there should have been more musical songs in there. There have been one or two, but I think there should be more, definitely.

Andrew said on Saturday that he thought you weren't exciting enough to entertain a West End audience. Do you agree with that comment?
"No, I thought that was such a harsh comment. I really was very disappointed with Andrew's comments on Saturday. I don't think Andrew has thought like that all along: he's said some lovely things. But he's also said some strange things, and that was quite harsh. It did get to me, that comment, actually. I really don't know where it came from. If he didn't like my performance that's fine, but I thought that was a bit harsh and over the top."

What would your ideal role be in the future?
"There's a few things I'd love to do at the moment - there's a part called Fiyero in Wicked, and also if West Side Story is ever to come back, I'd love to be Tony. That's my favourite musical. I also love Avenue Q."

So we might be seeing you with your hand up a puppet soon?
"Absolutely! You know, I'd love to think that I'm right for something else. It's been very bizarre but I have already been offered a job! But I can't tell you what it is."

Not even a hint?
"I can't tell you, but it's a new musical coming later this year and I've already been offered it. Nothing's definite though. I haven't said a definite yes, but they've shown interest and I am very interested."

Who do you think the frontrunner in the competition is now?
"I've said from Day One that I think Lee will win. I think the final may be between Lewis and Lee."

Do you feel you learned a lot on the show?
"I do, I think I learned a lot about myself. It may sound stereotypical, but I'm quite a shy, reserved person and I think I really learned to stand up for myself more. There've been a few times when I've had disagreements being interviewed. I've learned to do that, and I've learned to have the courage to disagree with some of the judges' comments."

Finally, do you have any regrets about appearing on the show?
"Absolutely none. I've loved every second of it, and as an actor I couldn't have asked for a better showcase, really."

Trinity
27-05-2007, 13:29
I never have been a fan of Craigs, but it shouldn't have been him that went last night - Lewis was worse.

Ben was better than Craig in the sing off so in that respect ALW did chose the right person this week. I think he knows he made a mistake last week now. Lewis was not great.

Something really bizarre now though, perhaps Luna or Choloe could confirm this for me. On Scottish TV the continuity announcer said possibley just before Dr Who, 'there are five would be Joseph's left, two of them are Scot's and one of them will go tonight' Was that a good guess?

Katy
27-05-2007, 15:25
I am so glad Lewis stayed, i am pleased he has got to the semi final and he can go next week although, i think that Keith and Ben should have gone a long time ago, hes out of tune. Lee is so going to win, so it doesnt really matter for the others. Hes brilliant. I loved the part with Josh Groban.

Chloe O'brien
27-05-2007, 21:46
I never have been a fan of Craigs, but it shouldn't have been him that went last night - Lewis was worse.

Ben was better than Craig in the sing off so in that respect ALW did chose the right person this week. I think he knows he made a mistake last week now. Lewis was not great.

Something really bizarre now though, perhaps Luna or Choloe could confirm this for me. On Scottish TV the continuity announcer said possibley just before Dr Who, 'there are five would be Joseph's left, two of them are Scot's and one of them will go tonight' Was that a good guess?

I never seen last night's show Trin sorry but I thought it would have been Craig or Lewis to go this week. Lewis will have to go next week.

Abigail
28-05-2007, 12:10
I've been thinking about this since the show... none of the Josephs congratulated Lee when he was chosen to sing with Josh. They all whined about how it was unfair and it should be them. To me, that screams unprofessionalism, especially from Keith who moaned that he has all Josh's albums blahblahblah and basically it should have been him. I also thought none of the other Josephs had a powefull enough voice to sing with Josh so Lee was the obvious and only choice (IMO).

Lewis isn't cut out for the West End performing 8 shows a week. Like Zoe (I think) said, he'll crack under the pressure.

Now we're down to four I wonder if they will finally sing a solo Joseph song each as well as a group number. I noticed that Saturday's show had been cut by 5mins.

Abigail
28-05-2007, 12:21
Oh deary me, it looks like Andrew is becoming something of a hypocrite. Last week he said Daniel's performance was smashing but he sent him home. This week he said Ben coped really well with his song but... http://www.andrewlloydwebber.com/sections/news/newsdb.php?article=77 watch it and see what he says about Ben.

pookie1968uk
28-05-2007, 15:57
i really really wanted lewis to go this week and cant believe he keeps staying in. most people i know really dont like him but he still seems to get enough votes to stay in! surely he must go next week.
craig didnt seem the worst to me and i think shouldnt have gone this week.
its still lee to win for me. stands miles apart from anyone else.

Abigail
28-05-2007, 16:14
If Lewis doesn't go next week I'll eat my hat. There's no way he could go any further. I think next week it's just down to the views votes as to who goes, ALW can't save anybody. So everybody vote for Lee! I'll be gutted if he gets booted off.

Is there going to be 2 people or 3 in the final? There's only 2 episodes left and four people so I'm wondering if 2 go next week. It'll be Lewis and Ben if the do.

Chloe O'brien
28-05-2007, 22:02
I think there is 3 people in the final as there was 3 Maria's in the final. so maybe this is the last time ALW can save one of them.

Abigail
29-05-2007, 15:59
Watch the video of the prologue/pharoah story http://www.bbc.co.uk/joseph/joseph/news/2007/05/29/45037.shtml Lee looks like he's lost his way halfway through the song. His voice really comes through as well when they're ll singing together. They haven't put up his duet with Josh either which I was disappointed. The clips on youtube aren't very good quality.

Abigail
31-05-2007, 13:44
Hi folks,
ALW is on the Graham Norton Show tonight, 10pm on BBC2. The uncut version is on Sunday night (I think) at 10pm http://www.bbc.co.uk/grahamnortonshow/shows/show_fourteen_guests.shtml#lloyd_webber

Abbie
31-05-2007, 13:53
Yep I think there is 3 in the final and one leaves half way through the show and then its the final 2

Abi
31-05-2007, 14:30
Due to its massive ratings success, the BBC has extended this years series of Any Dream Will Do by one week.

It was also reported that BBC boss, Peter Fincham, wanted to add a number more shows but Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber declined due to the imminent rehearsals for the Joseph stage show.

He said: “More episodes would have meant postponing rehearsals.

“We have a West End show to open on time — and the winner has rehearsals immediately after the show ends.”

Chloe O'brien
31-05-2007, 20:41
Does that mean that next week won't be the grand final then.

Abbie
31-05-2007, 20:49
Bless the poor boys, just because of the popularity they have to wait a week longer to find out who has won!!

Chloe O'brien
31-05-2007, 21:06
In the local paper in Edinburgh. Craig did an interview of his time on the show and it said that all the joseph's would be back for the final show.

Abigail
31-05-2007, 22:40
Does that mean that next week won't be the grand final then.

Yeah, this Saturday is the semi and next week is the final. So there's two more episodes to go. How would they add more shows to the series? I suppose they could only add an extra one at this stage to make sure there are 2 people in the final instead of 3.

I'd love to know what the ratings are for Jospeh and Grease. Apparantly, Joseph is trashing Grease.

CrazyLea
02-06-2007, 22:20
Well I have to say, I wasn't keen on either Lewis or Ben, but Lewis really shone in the duet tonight. I think he's a really good musical singer, but they give him crap pop songs which do not show off his voice at all. I mean he is trying to win a musical show not a pop show!! Gee.

Lee to win still though :cheer:

Chloe O'brien
02-06-2007, 22:37
Lewis has more lives than a cat. I expected Lewis and Lee in the sing of tonight after Lee fluffed his lines when he was singing, but I don't think we have seen the last of Ben. I'm still voting Keith to win again he was superb tonight.

Abbie
02-06-2007, 23:34
Well I dont think lewis will win but Im glad he was saved cos i really wanted ben to go
I did think that Lewis was really good tonight

Abigail
03-06-2007, 10:28
Lee's performance wasn't his best last night, I don't think his voice is high enough for a Bon Jovi song. He got through though which is all that counts. He looked really shocked when Graham said he was going through.

I'm not sure if the right decision was made last night. ALW and the panel keep going on about how they don't think Lewis is strong enough to do 8 shows a week so why did ALW put him through?

Lee has to win, I will be gutted if he doesn't because I'm taking my mum to see the show as a suprise and I know she won't watch any of the other lads.

JustJodi
03-06-2007, 13:10
Didn't Lee say some where in one of his most recent video blogs that he had had a touch of a bug or a virus,, that may have affected his performance last night, but ALW said he covered it up like a pro,, I am sorry for the LEWIS fans,, I still do not like him..
Lee and Keith look like the proper Joesph would look like... Lewis is just a blonde and blue eyed pretty boy..he does not have the Joesph LOOK,, ( but that is just me ):searchme:
I will be verrrrrrrry peeved if Lewis WINS ,,,but I think ALW KNOWS who his Joesph is,, hes just playing along,, grrrrrrrrrr:ninja:

Abigail
03-06-2007, 13:43
I didn't even notice where Lee went wrong (apart from right at the very end when he cut a line short).

After show blog here, haven't wtached it yet so I don't know what he's got to say http://www.andrewlloydwebber.com/sections/news/newsdb.php?article=79

Chloe O'brien
03-06-2007, 19:12
All the judges and ALW have all voiced that they have concerns that they don't think Lewis could cope with the pressure of eight shows a week, plus any bad reviews he may recieved. And yet they still keep in the competition. If it was up to the pulic Lewis would have been out weeks ago. Is ALW hoping that the public have a change of heart and vote for him instead of Lee or Keith. If ALW does want Lewis as his Joesph then why is he bothering with all the audtions and live shows.

Chloe O'brien
04-06-2007, 21:09
The winner of Any Dream Will Do will also be the star of this year's BBC Children in Need single.

The three remaining hopefuls - Keith Jack, Lewis Bradley and Lee Mead - have each recorded a version of 'Any Dream Will Do', the much-loved song from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat that became a number one hit for Jason Donovan in 1991.

The winner's version will be released as a double A-side single alongside an ensemble performance of 'Close Every Door', the TV talent hunt's exit number.

The single will be available as a download from June 12 and in the shops from June 19.

Abigail
04-06-2007, 22:32
The winner of Any Dream Will Do will also be the star of this year's BBC Children in Need single.

The three remaining hopefuls - Keith Jack, Lewis Bradley and Lee Mead - have each recorded a version of 'Any Dream Will Do', the much-loved song from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat that became a number one hit for Jason Donovan in 1991.

The winner's version will be released as a double A-side single alongside an ensemble performance of 'Close Every Door', the TV talent hunt's exit number.

The single will be available as a download from June 12 and in the shops from June 19.

I'm not sure about this, isn't this avenue turning them into pop stars as well as theatre stars? I know it's for charity but it doesn't sound right to me.

Abigail
04-06-2007, 22:45
Joseph Choir Search winner announced. Andrew Lloyd Webber reveals winning choir.

We are delighted to announce that Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber and the acclaimed composer Howard Goodall have chosen the winner of the nationwide Joseph Choir Search.

The winner, who will now perform live on BBC One in the grand final of 'Any Dream Will Do' this Saturday, is Brampton Primary School in East Ham.

All entrants were viewed by an expert panel. The standard was incredibly high and the panel, in the end, selected twenty one finalists to be put forward.

We would like to apologise again to those who experienced technical problems with the site and also to the schools, children and viewers who took a lot of time to gather support and rate entries, and to the schools and children who were in the top twenty at the close of the original vote.

pookie1968uk
05-06-2007, 12:25
it has annoyed me how the experts have said lewis doesnt have what it takes to be joseph but he has managed to stay in for this long! surely he must go out first out of the last 3 of them! it flatters him too much that he is even in the final!
i have thought lee has been the best all along and my views havent changed yet, there can be no other joseph but lee!!

Abbie
05-06-2007, 15:36
To be honest I dont tink they would of put someone through if they thought they didnt have what it takes, surely?

pookie1968uk
05-06-2007, 17:11
they have said several times and even ALW himself has said they dont think he has enough in him to do 8 performances a week, he is quite weak emotionally too.

Abigail
05-06-2007, 19:41
they have said several times and even ALW himself has said they dont think he has enough in him to do 8 performances a week, he is quite weak emotionally too.

That's what ALW has been getting at for weeks now. He keeps saying Lewis will break under the pressure yet he's put him through to the final. I don't understand, maybe ALW has put through the person who he sees to be the least threat to the person who he wants to win (Lee or Keith). If he put Ben through he might be compromising that person's chances. :searchme: I dunno, just a thought I had.

I can't believe we're at the final already. Is anybody going to go see the show in the West End?

Abi
05-06-2007, 20:04

That's what ALW has been getting at for weeks now. He keeps saying Lewis will break under the pressure yet he's put him through to the final. I don't understand, maybe ALW has put through the person who he sees to be the least threat to the person who he wants to win (Lee or Keith). If he put Ben through he might be compromising that person's chances. :searchme: I dunno, just a thought I had.

I can't believe we're at the final already. Is anybody going to go see the show in the West End?

I'm gonna go see it. I love West End shows. Though if its anything like Maria, the tickets will be really expensive, and difficult to get.

Katy
06-06-2007, 09:43
i think Lewis has done really well, hes got a nice voice and a good face. I think Lee will win hands down, but all the final four have been brilliant. I mean especially those duets.

Abigail
08-06-2007, 21:25
Did anyone see the interview on BBC news this morning with Lee, Lewis, Keith and Connie Fisher? I missed it :( and I can't fiind it on youtube.

Abi
09-06-2007, 21:11
I'm not surprised that Lewis went first- he seemed to be the weakest of the 3 all the way through. I felt sorry for him when his voice cracked right at the end of Close every door.

Really pleased that Lee won!! It starts in the West End on the 6th of July, at the Adelphi theatre. You just try and stop me going :D

Jessie Wallace
09-06-2007, 22:39
Really pleased that Lee won!! It starts in the West End on the 6th of July, at the Adelphi theatre. You just try and stop me going :D

Don't worry i won't get in your way! I wouln'd go see it just coz Lee was in, maybe if Keith was, but having seen it already, yeh it's good but Lee isn't going to make me want to go see it again. I think i'll go for Greese, i'd go and see that again, with the couple that won today.

CrazyLea
10-06-2007, 01:51
OMG I'm sopoo chuffed. I just watched it now, and I literally can't stop smiling. I'm so pleased Lee won. I'm trying to persaude my mum to go seem him :D. Lush. I am smiling soooo much. The end of he show me smle so much too.

Thanks to Dawn btw (you know why).

Chloe O'brien
11-06-2007, 11:20
congratulations to Lee for winning though I was disapointed that Keith didn't win.

Bad Wolf
11-06-2007, 11:21
i think the right person won - keith is far to young!

Trinity
11-06-2007, 12:54
I think that Lee was the best man for the job. I was delighted that he won, and although I really like Keith's voice I think that Lee was the better 'all round' Joseph.

Hopefully Keith will find some good opportunities coming his way now - the show has been a fantastic show case for all the Josephs talents and I can really see Keith, Daniel and Ben making the big time.

Bad Wolf
11-06-2007, 13:36
it has to be said that lee is my current celebrity crush, hoever this may be because my boyfriend is in spain juming out of aeroplanes for the week

pookie1968uk
12-06-2007, 15:19
i was made up that lee won. keith was good but lee was much better. he sang new york new york brilliantly. im sure they gave him that to sing because he was the only one out of the 3 of them who could do it justice.

DaVeyWaVey
12-06-2007, 15:31
I think Lee deserved to win he was brilliant on Saturday. I can see all the other Josephs going really far though, this show has certainly helped them all boost their profile in musical theatre.

Abigail
12-06-2007, 18:09
I'm over the moon that Lee won, he deserves it and he's the only man for the job. Mum said we can go see it in London but all the decent tickets have gone for the next 6 months :(

Just to put a downer on it, I went over to digitalspy cos I couldn't get on here and they're discussing conspiracy theories and saying the show was fixed and not just through rigging the votes. They've obviously been thinking about it seriously seriously because somebody came up with a long list of ways to fix the end result.

Chloe O'brien
12-06-2007, 22:07
Keith has done an interview for the local newspaper up in edinburgh, saying how gutted he was to lose out on the role of Joseph but has not given up on becoming a west end star. He plans to return to London and work with vocal coach Zoe Tyler and speak to the BBC about possible recording intrests. He has been given his Yellow coat from Joseph as a momentum but is forbidden to wear it out in public.

Katy
13-06-2007, 08:55
I much preffered Lewis to Keith but i think that Lee was the best one, I think that he was so good all round, had everything, the bogy, the face, the voice. He was just amazing.

Abbie
13-06-2007, 18:23
On Saturday I really liked Lewis and at one point I wanted Lewis to win and then I thought maybe Keith would win but I think Lee really deserved to win

Abigail
13-06-2007, 22:26
I felt slightly sorry for Keith. He didn't get to perform his leaving song and he was just kinda pushed to the side whilst Lee took centre stage. Not that I object to that though :)

What am I going to do with my Saturday nights now?

DaVeyWaVey
13-06-2007, 22:33
I felt slightly sorry for Keith. He didn't get to perform his leaving song and he was just kinda pushed to the side whilst Lee took centre stage. Not that I object to that though :)

I was thinking this too JB. Any Dream Will Do was actually a programme I sat down and put my full attention onto every Saturday night for the past 11 weeks. Saturday nights won't be the same! :( I hope something decent replaces this programme..

Abigail
13-06-2007, 22:38

I was thinking this too JB. Any Dream Will Do was actually a programme I sat down and put my full attention onto every Saturday night for the past 11 weeks. Saturday nights won't be the same! :( I hope something decent replaces this programme..

Soon the X Factor will be upon us :lol:

The BBC has an advantage over ITV, their shows are far classier and they raise money for charity whereas ITV line their pockets with viewers money. And the BBC put quality before quantity.

I suppose I could stay in and get saving to go see Joseph in London later in the year.

Abbie
14-06-2007, 10:55
ooooo I want to go see Joseph in lonodn when is it in the west end?

Abigail
14-06-2007, 11:04
ooooo I want to go see Joseph in lonodn when is it in the west end?

Opens 6th July at the Adelphi. It's almost sold out until the end of the year. Best seats are the stalls. I'm sure it will be extended like The Sound Of Music has been though. Check www.theatremoneky.com for the seating plans for all West End theatres.

Abbie
14-06-2007, 11:19
6th July, that really soon.
Well I'll probably go sometime later

Abigail
14-06-2007, 11:21
Just think about Lee having to master the whole show in 4 weeks.

I wish I'd bought tickets when the show started then I wouldn't have to wait until the end of the year to get decent tickets.

pookie1968uk
14-06-2007, 19:07
I have been thinking too about what i will watch on saturday nights now! i too gave my full attention to the joseph show and loved every minute of it. i never watched the maria one when it was on and now wished i had!
the fact that the x factor is coming soon is no consolation really as there is no comparison between it and joseph!

Chloe O'brien
14-06-2007, 19:18

Don't worry dave soon the dark cold nights of autumn will arrive and it will be time for Scrictly Come Dancing :clap:

Abigail
14-06-2007, 19:24

Don't worry dave soon the dark cold nights of autumn will arrive and it will be time for Scrictly Come Dancing :clap:

I've never really watched Strictly but I might give it a go this year. No doubt ITV will put on their own trashy copycat show.
Can I make an appeal to BBC producers to have Graham Norton as host instead of Bruce Forsythe. He should have retired long ago.