PDA

View Full Version : Long live Alan Turner!

Richie_lecturer
08-04-2007, 23:31
I just checked an Emmerdale site the other day and discovered that Richard Thorp has been in Emmerdale for 25 years as of a fortnight ago. I think they should dedicate the current fair to Turner as a Silver Jubilee present! Turner is a great character and has been over the last 25 years, one of just three stalwarts remaining from the Emmmerdale Farm era. In spite of his ill health in recent years, he's still doing the business and it was great when Steph was around with him. Here's hoping Alan is a fixture in Emmerdale for years to come. :cheer:

Chloe O'brien
09-04-2007, 02:11
I am right in thinking that he once was in charge of home farm before the Taits. As I have a memory of him being the Lord of the Manor. I can remember the early emmerdale days when Seth used to try and pull the wool over Turner's eyes with his poaching and Amos and Mr Wilks being behind the bar.

Carlyyy.maytee
09-04-2007, 11:07
Woah.I didnt know this.

He should get a present.

He has had some good storylines too.

alan45
09-04-2007, 11:52
I am right in thinking that he once was in charge of home farm before the Taits. As I have a memory of him being the Lord of the Manor. I can remember the early emmerdale days when Seth used to try and pull the wool over Turner's eyes with his poaching and Amos and Mr Wilks being behind the bar.
I dont think he was Lord of the Manor, I think he was Estate Manager

Richie_lecturer
10-04-2007, 13:58

Mr Wilks, the man with the hat, with an uncanny habit of saying "nay" every five minutes.

Not forgetting the Skilbecks and Joe and Annie Sugden. :)

He was at Home Farm for a while, until Pollard came along and chucked him out IIRC.