PDA

View Full Version : Corrie's Tina In Panto Role

Carlyyy.maytee
08-04-2007, 19:26
Coronation Street star Tina O'Brien has signed up to play Cinderella in a Christmas panto.

The actress accepted a £5,000-per-week deal from the Manchester Opera House shortly after announcing that she was quitting her role as Sarah Platt this week.

A source told The Sun: "It's not exactly the new acting challenge Tina was looking for, but they offered a lot of money. And she's never been able to do panto before because Corrie bans its stars from doing it."

Abbie
08-04-2007, 23:13
Well most soap stars do it anyway, why not her.

Katy
09-04-2007, 11:21
I think ill gove that one a miss. I didnt think Corrie banned them from doing them though as Vicky Entwhiste Janice was in panto before she came back. 5000 a week is a lot of money, no wonder she has snapped up the chance to do it. From what i hear theres a big wedding to plan.

Carlyyy.maytee
09-04-2007, 11:42
5000 a week
I'd love that.

No wonder shes leaving
Corrie should not be allowed to tell characters what they can and cant do

Trinity
09-04-2007, 19:23
Well - Tina will shine in panto - if all the other characters are puppets, lol.

£5K a week! I don't think I would give her minimum wage, although I am sure that she will do a few spreads in the lads mags to get the boys through the door.

xTanya
09-04-2007, 22:27
I'm quite surprised she is doing panto I think she could have a pretty good career after corri I think she is a great actress, I think she is giving into the money lol

Katy
10-04-2007, 10:57
Trinity, couldnt have put it better myself.

Its not that shes a bad actress, its that she is so 1 dimensional, i mean the opera house is a big stage and you need personality to fill it and i doubt she can do that, plus Panto you really need to get the audience going and Tina / Sarah as they really are the same person, i dont think would be able to do it.

Pinkbanana
10-04-2007, 12:19
Ive got a feeling she will be doing a lot of panto over the coming years...:rolleyes:

alan45
10-04-2007, 13:03
Ive got a feeling she will be doing a lot of panto over the coming years...:rolleyes: Oh No She Wont!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

Chloe O'brien
10-04-2007, 14:34
Ive got a feeling she will be doing a lot of panto over the coming years...:rolleyes: Oh No She Wont!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

Oh yes she wil :p either that or she will be doing tv ads for cleaning products.:D

Jessie Wallace
10-04-2007, 14:39
Why shouldn't she do Panto, if the producers of it are stupid enough to pay that kind of money, then let them, mores the point if people are willing to pay the extortionate prices that they will now charge for each ticket, then more for them, it's only going to get worse!!

Trinity
11-04-2007, 12:48
We are not saying that she shouldn't do panto - I just don't know if Cinderella is the right role.

Is there a female version of pinnochio where the puppet doen't become real?

alan45
11-04-2007, 14:37
Look out she's behind you:eek:

Katy
11-04-2007, 14:38
I really hate all panto. the whole oh no shes not really gets to me. I did a 5 minute panto in a show once and that was just about bareable.

Good luck to her, there'll be loads of fans queing up to see her im sure.

Chloe O'brien
04-06-2007, 21:02
Tina O'Brien has admitted that her forthcoming panto appearance is the only offer of work she has received since quitting Coronation Street.

The actress decided to leave her role as Sarah Platt in the ITV1 soap because she wanted to try new projects - but Cinderella at Manchester's Opera House is the only one on the cards.

"I've got the panto at Christmas but after that who knows what will happen," Tina told the Sunday Mirror. "I'm leaving the Street and I don't know if I'm going to find other work.

"I'm not having sleepless nights, but if I get to January and I still haven't got anything, then I might get worried. I'd like to do a period drama, anything. I'll move to London if I have to."

O'Brien departs from the soap in December