PDA

View Full Version : Opinions required please..

Jojo
29-03-2007, 14:23
Could I ask what peoples views are on this (http://buggypod.com/) as opposed to say a double or single pushchair or a buggy board.

Doing a bit of research for a friend.

Cheers

Siobhan
29-03-2007, 15:32
Yeah I would prefer that to a double buggy. that way your friend can detach if she doesn't have both kids with her plus, if the child is old enough and enjoys walking, they don't have to stay in the buggy all the time..

Debs
29-03-2007, 16:44
How fab is that! What a great idea. Much better than the annpying buggy boards

Dutchgirl
29-03-2007, 18:24
Oh that looks good, but must be difficult to get into shops. There are push chairs where they can sit behind each other.

no1abbafan
29-03-2007, 19:09
Have to admit I used a buggy board for my daughter when son was born, she was 2 1/2 and could walk but not far. Found the board great (although heavy to push up hill with both "on board". I only used it for 4 -5 months because she was happy to walk further after that, so it really depends on how long you reckon the child will want to be pushed around. It could be tricky in and out of shops etc..

Jojo
29-03-2007, 22:23
Her youngest isn't going to be 2 when the new one arrives, so won't be able to walk far. She's heard mixed reviews about tandems (being very heavy, hard to manoeuvre etc) and wants to be able to see the baby's face rather than top of its head when it arrives, if that makes sense.

I was able to use a buggy board with Ci as he was that much older so haven't been able to give her too much advice really.

Thanks though ladies.

pinkfirefly
30-03-2007, 13:15
I think this is a great idea! Often kids don't want to stand on a buggy board, they want to sit down properly if tired, I think this solves a problem

Chloe O'brien
30-03-2007, 21:43
I thinks it a great idea as if a child is able to walk it's ideal if you are going on outings or holidays as it gives the child a chance to wonder around then sit and have a rest if their legs get tired.

Abigail
30-03-2007, 22:33
Well it's a good idea and a cheaper alternative but I'd be worried that it would come detatched from the main pushchair or the wheel would fall off.

Chloe O'brien
08-04-2007, 22:30
I saw a similar thing in tesco's the other day. It had two wheels and a seat and you attached it onto the back of the buggy so the kids sit back to back.

Jojo
08-04-2007, 22:44
Two ideas have now been had so your thoughts on these ones would be good.

The first one - she's seen a Phil and Ted 3 wheeler thing, where toddler sits in front and then the younger one goes kind of underneath. Its sort of like a tandem I presume, but smaller :searchme: This one is in the region of like £300 or something though so a pretty costly one. (Try a google search so you can have a peek)

The other, is she likes the 2 in 1's, so is wanting a Hauck and is then thinking of putting the baby in a sling until her older child is bigger to be able to go on the buggy board.

Which would you say would be the preference? I said to go for the Hauck and sling, cheaper and I really don't like the idea of the Phil and Ted thing, but cos you've all been so honest and helpful, thought I'd ask you guys again :)

Abi
08-04-2007, 23:24
I saw someone using the Phil and Ted thing yesterday, and theres something about it that doesn't really appeal to me. Its a good idea, but the baby was hiden from everything that was going on, and just had this other seat right in front of it. I just prefer the idea of the baby being able to see the people and things going on around him or her, rather than staring at the back of a seat. So i think the idea of the Hauck and Sling is better as well :)

Debs
09-04-2007, 09:32
Ive seen a lot of the Phil an dted buggies around but the parents seem to use them more for a younder child who will walk a bit but will need a rest aling the way ( ideal for say my nephew who is 2 and a half) for that i think they are a good idea.