PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Jones (Les B) suspended

Jojo
27-03-2007, 17:24
Bruce Jones, who plays Les Battersby in Coronation Street, has been suspended over allegations that he insulted fans during a drunken trip to a restaurant.

The actor has been asked to stay away from filming pending an investigation.

The News of the World claimed Jones, 54, swore and discussed the outcome of Tracy Barlow's murder trial, currently a major plot in the long-running show.

Jones "denies the allegations and the context of the comments", a statement on the programme's website said.

It added that he was "currently taking legal advice about the newspaper article", which referred to events at the Old Rectory restaurant in Stockport.

Double bill

A spokeswoman for ITV said the article "alleged that Mr Jones had got drunk while with an undercover reporter and made inappropriate comments in a public place".

"ITV takes these allegations very seriously and will be looking into them further," she added.

The start of the trial, a storyline which was played out during Monday evening's double bill, earned an audience of 10.2m for the first episode and 10.7m for the second.

This compared to 11.1m and 8.3m viewers for the equivalent editions a week earlier.

Tracy Barlow - played by Kate Ford - stands accused of killing her former boyfriend Charlie Stubbs.

alan45
27-03-2007, 17:30
Yet another soap character mirroring his character with real life.

alan45
27-03-2007, 19:51
Here is the full article from the News Of The World.

STOUT ORDER!
Corrie Bruce in foul-mouthed rant at fans during 19-pint Guinness bender
By Mazher Mahmood

CORRIE star Bruce Jones will earn a big black mark with ITV bosses after knocking back 19 pints of Guinness and launching into a foul-mouth tirade in a family restaurant.

Jones, who plays lout Les Battersby, slagged his Corrie co-stars, insulted fans and told jokes about sex acts with pigs during his afternoon session at the Old Rectory restaurant in Stockport, Cheshire.

The 54-year old arrived for a business meeting to discuss a personal appearance at a Spanish nightclub accompanied by a club promoter called Kirk.

Jones, who had already had two pints before he arrived, headed straight to the bar and ordered his third Guinness.

Cut

Then the star, who earns £120,000 a year, started whinging about his pay: "They've cut us right down. I've been there 11 years now. I come out of movies to do it," he said.

He started to lay the blame on ex-EastEnder Ross Kemp.

"Our show pays for him. They brought him out of EastEnders, gave him a multimillion-pound contract, and I'm *******ing nowhere near that money. He's never done stuff I've done. See the awards that are on that mantelpiece and you won't believe it."

As he ordered his next pint he had a swipe at BBC star Jonathan Ross. "£18million a year off the BBC. He's got a lisp for a start. I wouldn't give him £18 a week!"

Jones then headed for lunch in the restaurant, which was full of families enjoying the two-for-one special offer.

As Jones washed down his gammon steak with another three pints, he reeled off racist jokes about Pakistanis.

Diners sitting nearby then heard him discuss Corrie storylines, claiming to know the outcome of the Tracy Barlow trial—which is the most closely-guarded secret in soap.

Sick

He said Tracy Barlow would be found guilty, and added: "The betting for that—I'd go for life imprisonment."

Jones then grabbed his pint and headed for a cigarette at the door of the pub, where he claimed screen wife, Cilla— played by Wendi Peters— would die in the show. "Yeah she comes out in September." He then made a sick sexual remark about the actress which was overheard by a young fan called Michelle, who had followed him out to get his autograph.

"You shouldn't be listening to this, you," he said, before asking the girl where she came from. When she replied Gravesend, Jones shouted, ‘Well, p*** off back. Where's Gravesend?'"

She explained that it was in Kent, to which the sozzled star replied: "Who's a c***?"

Back inside, Jones was introduced to the girl's aunt, Theodora Papadopolus. Her joy at meeting the celeb soon turned to misery as he launched a disgraceful attack on her.

He asked what she did, and Theodora told him she was retired. "Retarded?", he replied.

The embarrassed fan replied she was a lady of leisure. Jones retorted: "Not a lady of the night, I hope. Do you want my card!" He then joked about her weight. He told her the toilets at one of his local pubs were very small. "You'd be *******ed!" he told Theodora.

Jones spent the next couple of hours swearing loudly and telling vile jokes—one about sex acts with a pig—not caring that young children were sitting within earshot.

Then he turned on the royal family, starting with Prince Philip.

"He's a *******ing tosspot. He's the biggest *******ing dipstick in royalty, Prince Philip. He's a Greek t*** anyway, a Greek t***," he said. Then, turning to Theodora, he said: "He's one of you, you c***!"

Asked about Camilla, he replied: "What, with a face like that? Would you get into bed with a face like that? I'd get into bed and batter it first."

Strangers

Jones' wife Sandra then arrived to check up on him, accompanied by their granddaughter Sophie, 12. They left a few minutes later after Jones told her he was staying in the bar for a few more drinks.

After another few refills he headed to Stockport, where he had more pints of Guinness at the Queen's Head and White Lion.

As the night went on his behaviour worsened and he started hurling abuse at total strangers.

A staggering 19 pints—that's more than two gallons—later, Kirk persuaded him to go home. As they parted, Jones shouted: "I'm at work on Friday with those w***ers on the Street.

"I'll see you at The Grapes after for a quick pint!"

If true Les could be gone before Cilla

Chloe O'brien
27-03-2007, 22:27
What a prat. I've no doubt he has a load of awards on his mantlepiece at home but he has not won any personally it's been the true actors and actresses of the street that have helped corrie win them.I have only seen him once before he was in Corrie and that was in the film "The Full Monty" As for him downing 19 pints of guiness I'm surprised he is still alive, but he wont be for much longer when Wendi Peter's gets a hold of him.

alan45
27-03-2007, 23:10
What a prat. I've no doubt he has a load of awards on his mantlepiece at home but he has not won any personally it's been the true actors and actresses of the street that have helped corrie win them.I have only seen him once before he was in Corrie and that was in the film "The Full Monty" As for him downing 19 pints of guiness I'm surprised he is still alive, but he wont be for much longer when Wendi Peter's gets a hold of him.I would love to know where he put the 19 pints. He hasnt got much of a beer belly

Richie_lecturer
27-03-2007, 23:26
I hope he gets the sack. How many more chances is he going to get? He sounds like a thug.

I can't stand Les anyway, I prefer Cilla, but it's probably best in the long-term if they both go.

Katy
28-03-2007, 17:22
The old rectory is a nice place as well Its one of those two for one things all year round. I remember being in the Royal Scot when he was being drunk and disorderly a few years ago, before he was banned from ALL The pubs near me. Looks like hes working is way through Stockport as well. What an idiot he obviosly really cannot handle his drink. Youd think on the moneys hes earning.

Footie_Chick
20-04-2007, 13:41
From digital spy

Coronation Street star Bruce Jones reportedly delivered a racist rant after spending the afternoon drinking in a Cheshire pub.

The 54-year-old actor, who plays layabout Les Battersby, is currently serving a six-week ban from the soap after allegedly making "inappropriate comments" in a public place.

Ex-policeman Chris Prodomis, 42, claims to have heard Jones rage about phone workers "not speaking English properly" after he called directory enquiries from the Royal Oak in Disley, Cheshire.

However, Jones is said to have told the Coronation Street's production team that he only drank two pints and did not make any racist remarks.

Katy
20-04-2007, 16:46
He's a caomplete prat, what was he doing in Disley, bit posh round there for him isn;t it.

Chloe O'brien
20-04-2007, 21:09
Is this a fresh incident from the one he was suspened from Corrie for. If so he should get his marching orders from the show. It's obvious he has learnt nothing from the suspension.

Chris_2k11
20-04-2007, 21:27
He's such a nuisance. :thumbsdow Sack him Corrie

Richie_lecturer
20-04-2007, 22:40
Just for once, I'll stick up for Bruce.

I often have trouble understanding an Indian call centre worker - not their fault but when you keep telling them you're not interested and they read their liner cards on and on, it does hack you off.

alan45
12-05-2007, 12:54
Coronation Street star Bruce Jones is fearing for his job after being suspended from the soap for another month.

The actor's character Les Battersby has been written out of all future scripts and producers have no future storylines planned for him.

Show bosses are still investigating claims that Jones made inappropriate comments about his colleagues while drinking at a pub.

An insider told The Mirror: "There are those who want him sacked and those who think he should get another chance. But the word around is that Bruce will go. He's not daft and realises what could be in store for him."

Asked to comment on the rumours, Bruce replied: "Sorry mate, I am under instructions not to say anything."

Richie_lecturer
13-05-2007, 00:32
Who's going to stink like a blocked drain if he goes then?

Chloe O'brien
13-05-2007, 00:39
If he had kept his mouth shut after the incident at the pub when he made the comments about indian call centre staff, then he probably would have saved his job, but now he has gone and mouthed of about fellow cast members and basically shot himself in the foot. I can't see him returning to the street.

Richie_lecturer
13-05-2007, 00:58
Not even to collect his smelly trainers?