PDA

View Full Version : ITV cancels summer Reality TV

Abi
26-03-2007, 22:32
ITV have decided not only to cancel Love Island (phew!) but they will not be replacing it with another nightly reality show to rival Channel 4’s Big Brother, summer extravaganza.

After the massive slump in ratings during last years Love Island, ITV have decided to stick to drama and entertainment this summer, with the only hint of Reality TV being a weekly show of Britain’s Got Talent.

I imagine the Channel 4 bosses are breathing sigh of relief today, that has got to do the Big Brother ratings some good, and they really need it this year after January’s celebrity based disaster!

Source: Unreality TV

Katy
27-03-2007, 17:05
thank god for that, i dont think i could handle more reality TV. I heard Britans got Talent is meant to be good though, as its different to the usual. My friend said he went to see it.

DaVeyWaVey
27-03-2007, 18:23
I'm so glad that ITV have ditched Love Island and i am glad they aren't doing any more reality shows. I'll be tuning into Big Brother this year, and watching one reality show is enough. I hope ITV make some good dramas and entertainment this summer. :)

Bryan
27-03-2007, 18:28
It's about time everyone realised that Big Brother is the one and only reality show, it will survive after all the others as it is the hallmark reality show that all the others can only aspire to be. ITV should stick to what they're best at: drama and entertainment, let Channel 4 hand out the one and only quality reality show :cool:

Jojo
27-03-2007, 22:10
Sorry Bry, but the "one and only quality reality show"?! You are kidding me right?! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I know there are die hard fans out there that love it - but for me, I'd rather watch paint dry. The mix of people that they have put in there in recent years have been ones just to cause controversy and then they wonder why complaints start rolling in.

I personally, have far better things to do with my summer than to sit watching that tripe.

Siobhan
28-03-2007, 12:30
Sorry Bry, but the "one and only quality reality show"?! You are kidding me right?! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I know there are die hard fans out there that love it - but for me, I'd rather watch paint dry. The mix of people that they have put in there in recent years have been ones just to cause controversy and then they wonder why complaints start rolling in.

I personally, have far better things to do with my summer than to sit watching that tripe.

well said!! I would rather be outdoors having fun than sitting at home watching other people sit at home!! go outside your front door and you will get all the reality show you want

Jojo
28-03-2007, 14:20
I'd rather go to an airport or bus terminal and sit and people watch - natural people watching gives me far more pleasure than this forced variety - it isn't natural - its a tv show and no one is being themselves. Total waste of money. See you on the picnic blanket with the wine in the Summer Shiv :D

CrazyLea
28-03-2007, 17:18
Couldn't have said it better myself :D That's exactly my views on it :D

Katy
28-03-2007, 17:23
A bit of topic but appernetly Big Brother bosses have said that they are turning it into a more family show, focusing on normal people. I read in the metro.

I agree htough it should be The ONLY realty show as then there easier to avoid !!./

pookie1968uk
30-03-2007, 16:31

i completely agree with you. BB is drivel. i am glad itv have cancelled their reality tv summer as they may put something better on and give us other options.

Carlyyy.maytee
09-04-2007, 10:41
Thats good.

I cant stand Love Island or Im A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.

What some people would do for money in the Jungle.