PDA

View Full Version : Everything's Not Lost

Amber
25-03-2007, 20:53
This is something I started last night - I just woke up in the middle of the night with the idea, so I switched my laptop on and just wrote a little bit. I wrote the rest of the first part this morning, but that's all I've got so far, so I'm just going to see where this fic takes me.

I don't think it'll be too long but you never know, I might come up with some good ideas.

Anyway, here it is.

[Dedicated to Layney & Sammy :wub:]

-------

Everything's Not Lost
One

"Stay."

"I can't."

"But why not? You haven't done anything wrong, this is Danny's mess."

She'd let him go so easily. Just let him slip right out of her hands. An hour ago they were lying there together, oblivious to the fact that they would soon have to say goodbye for good.

She heard the door shut downstairs. Hot tears slid uncontrollably over her already smudged make-up. She wanted to him to change his mind and come back and tell her everything was going to be fine. But she knew for certain it wouldn't happen. And she knew she'd probably never see him again.

The more she thought about him, the worse she felt. And then it hit her. She couldn't just let him leave, not like this. As she pulled her dressing gown off, and her dress back on, she realised the reason why she couldn't let him go. In the past few weeks, she had slowly but surely been falling for him. He had stood by her when she needed him the most. He hadn't judged her on what had happened. He wasn't like the others. He was different.

She stood and watched him get into a car. Johnny's car. She hadn't realised that she'd been holding her breath since the car had driven out of sight. All she was thinking about whether he was going to be ok or not.

"Johnny doesn't bother with boring stuff like evidence. If he decides that you're guilty, then believe me you are."

She had been following Johnny in her car for over an hour. She could just about see his car in the distance. Then she lost him. She thought that she'd never find him, but she soon began to catch up. Then the car disappeared altogether. She turned down a road into a forest of some description, and hoped for the best.

She pulled up behind Johnny's car and got out. She noticed the window was smashed. She felt uneasy. What if she was too late? Was he.. dead?

Suddenly she heard shouting and began to follow where it was coming from.

"The truth is, you're just a thug who's caused more pain than he's ever felt. So kill us? Don't kill us? It's up to you." He said, no signs of fear in his voice.

Jake Moon could feel Danny clinging tightly to his sleeve as Johnny Allen lifted his gun. He glanced over Johnny's shoulder. Noticing that Jake had stopped looking at him, Johnny turned around, keeping his gun in place. Chrissie Watts stood, unable to move, her eyes wide and unblinking. Before she could do anything, he grabbed her and held the gun to her head.

"No! Leave Chrissie out of this, she hasn't done anything. Let her go Johnny." Jake shouted, seeing the fear in her eyes. "Please."

"Someone has to pay Jake. Who's it going to be?"

"Jakey, please don't."

Danny's eyes widened. Jake sighed.

"It doesn't have to be like this Johnny."

"There's no other way out of it. Just give me a name. Your girlfriend, or your brother?"

Jake couldn't concentrate. He could just hear fragments of the conversations he'd had earlier in his head. He could hardly recognise the voices. They were distorted and barely audible, but he could hear them.

"Look, I can't just leave her alright."

"Oh, why not?"

"Because."

"Who cares about her?"

"I care."

"Don't you want it to stop?"

"Yes."

"Well then make it stop. Just tell him he's on his own."

"That simple?"

"Yeah, it is."

"Who's it going to be?" Johnny asked once more.

Tears slid slowly down Chrissie's face. She closed her eyes. Danny clung tighter to his brother. Jake swallowed hard and said one word. Johnny raised his gun.

Gunshot rang through the air. Silence took it's place.

"I'm sorry." Jake whispered.

Johnny put his gun back into his pocket. He looked at Jake.

"I'm letting you both off. Just stay out of Walford and don't come back. And one word to the police - you're as good as dead."

Johnny walked away. Jake put his face in his hands.

"Why did it have to come to this?" He said rhetorically.

He dropped to his knees next to the dead body.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

Layne
25-03-2007, 22:53
I demand more.
I need to know more.

[Love it by the way & thankooo :wub:]

Sam-Elle
13-04-2007, 19:02
ooh i didnt realise you posted this on here .. opps! ta for the dedi :wub:

who got shot?
more now.... dont make me bring the cheese on toast back in on this :p x

Amber
13-04-2007, 23:23
Alright Sammy - I really am sorry for the cheese on toast incident. Here's another part :p

--------

Two

Chrissie's eyes were still closed and Danny's were still wide open. One of them was dead and one of them was alive. Jake stood up and looked at the person he'd picked to save - Chrissie.

"Jake." She said, not knowing what else to say.

Hesitantly, she pulled him into a hug. He rested his head on her shoulder, exhausted by the night's events.

After driving for what felt like hours, Jake and Chrissie had stopped in a small town along the coast. They found a hotel, got a room and went straight up, avoiding any chat about what they'd been doing or where they'd been.

Chrissie headed for the minibar and got herself and Jake a glass of scotch each. She handed it to him, without questioning whether he wanted it or not, and sat on the end of the bed. He ran his fingers through his hair. She looked up at him.

"Why don't you get some rest or something? It's not doing you any good just standing there." She said softly, sensing his tension.

He swallowed. "I think I might get some fresh air. I've got a headache."

"Ok."

Chrissie was still in the same position when Jake returned. He sat on the bed next to her. He looked at her and exhaled deeply.

"I've just been going over it in my head. Over and over and over." He said quietly. "I killed him."

She took his hand in hers and squeezed it gently.

"No you didn't. It was-" She hesitated. "And he's got to live knowing that he killed him. Can you imagine? Just living each day as if nothing's changed, when actually you're overwhelmed with guilt and pain."

"But it was me who chose my own brother to die. How am I going to live knowing that?"

She closed her eyes.

"I manage to."

"What?"

"Nothing." She snapped, opening her eyes. Then realising this she softened and stroked his hand as she spoke. "I'm tired. I think I'm going to try to get some sleep. You should too."

Jake opened his eyes to the empty space in bed next to him. He sat up and tried to take in his surroundings.

"Chrissie?" He said, rubbing his eyes and getting out of bed.

He could hear a noise coming from outside. He opened the door to the balcony to find Chrissie hunched up against the wall. She was shivering and crying softly into her knees. He sat down and gently cupped her face in his hands. She sobbed into his chest as he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

A few hours later and the sky was beginning to take the appearance of an abstract painting, yellow and white clouds overlapping the grey and blue backdrop. Jake carefully lifted Chrissie in his arms and carried her back inside. She'd cried and cried and cried until she couldn't cry anymore. And she'd just fallen asleep in his arms, right there out on the balcony. He gently lowered her on to the bed. Her eyes fluttered open.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." He said, tracing his finger along her jawline, following his touch with his eyes.

"It's ok." She exhaled.

She took his hand in hers and stared at him. He gazed down at her.

"What are we going to do?" He sighed heavily. "We can't go back to the square."

"I don't know. I just don't know."

Jake sat down on the remaining space next to Chrissie, keeping hold of her hand. He stroked her forehead with his free hand, pushing her stray curls out of the way.

"You're so beautiful. Do you know that?" He said.

She tried to smile.

"Don't look at me like that. You are beautiful. So beautiful."

"I'm nothing special." She said, propping herself up so that their faces were only centimetres apart. She sighed. "Things can't just go back to normal."

"I know." He whispered and cupped her cheeks in his hands. "But we can try to make things better."

She reached up to her face and stroked his fingers.

"Can we?" She asked, her bottom lip trembling.

"Yeah." He nodded and edged closer. He pressed his lips against hers and kissed her gently, causing her mouth to be still.

"Stop." She murmured as their lips parted. "We can't."

"Why not?" He whispered, looking straight into her eyes. "You don't want to be with me, do you?"

"No, I do. It's just too soon. I want to do this. I really do-"

"Then why are you stopping yourself?"

He stopped her from answering with another kiss.

Rach33
14-04-2007, 15:58
WOW this is fab I do miss Jakissie it's nice to be reminded of them again please post more very soon :cheer:

Sam-Elle
16-04-2007, 17:05
:wub: aw, that part is utterly gorgeous, more soon please babe x

Layne
19-04-2007, 22:51
:wub: I Love this, more soon x