PDA

View Full Version : Neighbour's Clear Up!

jonni
09-03-2007, 16:06
This week has seen some new rumours about Neighbours' future in the Australian press, indicating that the show would be taken off-air for several weeks to be revamped, as well as some big changes in writing staff. A source on the show has confirmed to us that, although the part about it being taken off-air is untrue, rumours of a massive revamp are not unfounded - "The show is getting a big makeover, a big new family, plus a lot of other new characters and the return of some popular old ones. High Definition. New sets. New titles. New theme song. And no, the writers haven't been given the sack!" And, as if that wasn't enough, rumours in the UK press that Fiona Corke is back for another short stint as Gail Robinson are also true.

:cheer:

bakedbean
09-03-2007, 16:22
Wow i really cant wait i also know that Tom Scullt the vicar who dated Susan years ago is set to return as the new head of Erinsbourgh high!!!
Also cant wait for Gail to return hope she stays longer this time.

Debs
17-03-2007, 10:45
http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/neighbours/160x120_neighbours_generic2006.jpg

Neighbours star Alan Fletcher has revealed that the show will undergo a "major transformation" over the next few months.

The actor, who plays Karl Kennedy, has told fans to expect a new look and a brand new family joining the Aussie soap later this year.

"Neighbours is going through a major transformation at the moment. The show is gearing up to be filmed in High Definition video in coming months. This means a total revamp of sets and backdrops," Fletcher explained on his official website.

"Cast changes are on the way too. We have the sad departure of Stephanie McIntosh (Sky Mangel), Nell Feeney (Janelle Timmins), Kyal Marsh (Boyd Hoyland), Adelaide Kane (Louise Carpenter) and Sianoa Smit-McPhee (Bree Timmins) coming up over the next few weeks. As compensation an entirely new family is arriving in Ramsay Street to bring some good old fashioned Neighbours feeling to the street."

The changes come following recent low ratings for the soap in Australia.

Katy
17-03-2007, 17:44
Hopefully they will be better than the last lot they bought in. I cant relate to them as characters ata ll.

Chloe O'brien
17-03-2007, 23:43
Bring back Mrs Mangle if she is still alive and Melanie,