PDA

View Full Version : Channel 4 confirms more 'Skins'

Jessie Wallace
09-03-2007, 14:40
Channel 4 has confirmed it has commissioned another series of the E4 drama Skins.

Writer and executive producer, Bryan Elsley will again work collaboratively with a team of young writers to pen ten new episodes. Series two will begin filming in the summer, on location in Bristol.

Danny Cohen, head of E4 and factual entertainment, said: "I'm delighted with the creative and ratings success of Skins. It's an important milestone in our shift towards more high-quality homegrown content for E4."

The programme has certainly been a ratings hit for the channel. Its first episode peaked at over 2 million viewers, making it the second highest rating programme in E4’s history, and the highest rating entertainment show broadcast on any digital channel in the whole of January. The series, currently airing every Thursday at 10pm on E4, is averaging 1.2 million viewers, with nearly half of its audience aged 16-34.

Francis Hopkinson, senior commissioning editor for drama, said: "Skins has shown there is an appreciative audience for smart, young drama. It has become an important launch pad for new talent, both on and off the screen and the next series will continue this."

Made by Company Pictures for E4, the show has been created by Elsley and Jamie Brittain, produced by Chris Clough, and executive produced by Elsley, Charlie Pattinson and George Faber.

Abbie
09-03-2007, 17:29
Yay Im happy that they are doing another series Im really enjoying it at the moment

Footie_Chick
10-03-2007, 09:45
Cool, I really enjoy watching Skins, it's something completely different to watch.

Bryan
10-03-2007, 09:51
Brilliant! Loving this show, one of the few decent things on tv. There's a great set of characters and i love how they focus on a different character each episode. Consdering none of these, except for Tony, have ever acted before it's amazing! Good acting, good writing, I've enjoyed every episode except for Episode 3 with Jal (the music episode), bring on series 2! :D

DaVeyWaVey
10-03-2007, 16:13
This is great news! I really love this show and am glad it will be back for a second series. :)

xxloopylauraxx
11-03-2007, 14:40
is skins going to be showen on channle 4 at all? i missed the first 3 episodes on e4 but into it slightly now and wondered if it was going to be shown on channel 4 so i can put my mind at rest.

Chloe-Elise
11-03-2007, 17:49
Thanks for posting, I love this show. Brilliant that its got another series :D

Bryan
27-03-2007, 19:51
From MediaGuardian:

Skins, E4's hit comedy drama about a group of heavy-drinking, drug-taking and sexually voracious teenagers, has been recommissioned for another 10-part series.
The show's writer and executive producer, Bryan Elsley, will again be take the lead creatively for the new series.

Mr Elsley will again be working with a team of young writers to pen new episodes on the same group of teenagers.

Series two of Skins will begin filming this summer on location in Bristol. Most of the existing cast are likely to return, including About a Boy star Nicholas Hoult as Tony, Mike Bailey as Sid, and Hannah Murray as Cassie.

The show, which is made by Company Pictures, has been one of the few drama highlights in a difficult last few months for Channel 4 and has already become the second-highest rated programme in E4's history.

Skins' first nine-part series is still being aired on E4 and will be repeated on Channel 4 this summer.

Danny Cohen, the head of E4 and Channel 4's factual entertainment commissioning, said of the Skins recommission: "I'm delighted with the creative and ratings success of Skins. It's an important milestone in our shift towards more high-quality, homegrown content for E4."

Francis Hopkinson, the senior commissioning editor for drama, added: "Skins has shown there is a appreciative audience for smart, young drama. It has become an important launch pad for new talent, both on and off the screen and the next series will continue this."