PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Dev??

alan45
04-03-2007, 09:51
Following the latest allegations in the News of the World it looks like Dev Alahan aka Jimi Harkashan could be leaving the cobbles and looking for new employment

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news1.shtml

I for one will be sorry because I like his character

Babe14
04-03-2007, 10:01
Not another brilliant character leaving! At this rate Corrie won't be worth watching.

Mind you rumours of Dev leaving the street for good have been circulating on and off for years.

On the other hand if he would press the self destruct button.....

Katy
04-03-2007, 10:27
I thought that as well, hes always been leaving staying leaving then staying. I think it will be a shame if he does leave as hes quite a good character. I like Amber as well and if he leaves then i think she'll have to go as well.

alan45
04-03-2007, 10:34
Well Jimi has already had one chance so it looks likely he could be out on his ****. Craig Charles got a chance and has returned better than he was before he left

Katy
04-03-2007, 10:39
yeah i know what you mean. He's not done himself any favours. You cant expect another chance for simular incedents as its proving that you havent changed and that you dont really care.

Pinkbanana
04-03-2007, 11:29
Oh dear what a shame....:rolleyes: Dont rate his acting much anyway...:p Hope he is out on his ear. It not exactly the first time he's got himself into deep water.

Footie_Chick
04-03-2007, 13:08
Yeah but if he went Amber would have to go and i think she's brilliant, thought there was a storyline coming up anyway about Dev and that new girl Jodie.

Richie_lecturer
04-03-2007, 17:35
He's improved since Amber came back from Finland - she has also improved, but he'd be no great loss if he went. Not fit to wear Alf Roberts' shoes (literally big shoes!) as King of the Corner Shop.

alan45
04-03-2007, 18:11
From Corrieblog

Making front page news in the Sunday tabloids probably isn't what most celebrites want to happen to them. But today we were greeted by a full page photo of Jimmi Harkshin (Dev Alahan) on the front page of The News of the World with a headline about him taking ketamine at a charity bash.

Whether it's true or not I'm sure we'll find out this week when a proper comment is released by the Coronation Street press office. Until then, have a look at the story but do note this quote from a Corrie spokesfella who told the paper: "Jimmi categorically denies taking any illegal substance on that night. He strongly believes that a drink was spiked. He was very ill."

Jessie Wallace
04-03-2007, 18:15
So another one bites the dust! It's getting as bad as EastEnders for people leaving!

alan45
04-03-2007, 18:25
So another one bites the dust! It's getting as bad as EastEnders for people leaving!Nothings getting as bad as Eastenders:p

Jessie Wallace
04-03-2007, 18:29
:p hey be nice! I'd rather watch Pauliene's death scene for 24 hours than watch another episode of Corrie! :lol:

alan45
04-03-2007, 19:27
:p hey be nice! I'd rather watch Pauliene's death scene for 24 hours than watch another episode of Corrie! :lol:Ok seeing as its you. I would love to see some more death scenes in EE, The Magnificent Mitchells, The Wooden Wickes, Minty, Gary but more especially the idiots that write the stories that ruined Britains former No.1 soap
:p

Jessie Wallace
04-03-2007, 20:08
You can't do what you want them all of them barr the Wicks', i don't mind them at the moment.

alan45
04-03-2007, 20:36
You can't do what you want them all of them barr the Wicks', i don't mind them at the moment.
Ok we shall spare the wicks for the meantim then just for you. I suppose somebody has to love them:)

Richie_lecturer
04-03-2007, 20:59
From Corrieblog

Making front page news in the Sunday tabloids probably isn't what most celebrites want to happen to them. But today we were greeted by a full page photo of Jimmi Harkshin (Dev Alahan) on the front page of The News of the World with a headline about him taking ketamine at a charity bash.

Whether it's true or not I'm sure we'll find out this week when a proper comment is released by the Coronation Street press office. Until then, have a look at the story but do note this quote from a Corrie spokesfella who told the paper: "Jimmi categorically denies taking any illegal substance on that night. He strongly believes that a drink was spiked. He was very ill."

Sounds like Dev was getting too friendly with Zoe Tate. :hmm:

Chloe O'brien
04-03-2007, 21:35
If the allagations of drug taking are true then it will be bye bye dev. He had a chance to get help corrie bosses wont continue to support him.

alan45
04-03-2007, 22:48
From Corrieblog

Sounds like Dev was getting too friendly with Zoe Tate. :hmm:Maybe because he fancies himself as a stallion he took the horse medicine:rotfl:

Corrieprincess
05-03-2007, 22:28
I think dev is a great character it will be sad to see him go if these rumours are true :crying: however i have heard that Steve is on his way out too

tammyy2j
06-03-2007, 10:13
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Dev is an useless character anyways.

Babe14
06-03-2007, 10:22
however i have heard that Steve is on his way out too

That would be the end of Corrie. However I doubt very much if this is true as I haven't heard anything of the sort,unless of course this is another shock departure about to be dumped on us by the actor himself:)

alan45
06-03-2007, 10:40
He hasnt actually been sacked:rolleyes:

Babe14
06-03-2007, 11:10
He hasnt actually been sacked:rolleyes:

yet:) Anyways there is still doubt as to what actually happened that night, he may this time actually be the innocent party. Have to say since reading the article about his "drug Fuelled" romps between the sheets I have gone off him, but may still like the character.