PDA

View Full Version : download, wait, buy,give up

Cornishbabe
03-03-2007, 19:24
Now that many viewers cant watch lost on their televisions anymore either becuase its nolonger on channel four or beacuse of the virgin providers dropping sky. what are you planning to do about it?

Download the eppisodes from the internet either legally or illegally, oftern with bad pictures or slow loading times.

Wait until the eppisodes are shown on other sky or other channels such as sky 3 for those with freview.

Buy the box sets

Or give up on the show all together?

Chloe O'brien
03-03-2007, 20:36
I'm still going to continue to download 24 and lost as I have done before, becasue I hate all the adverts on Sky. Then I will buy the 24 boxset when it comes out, which I would have done anyway. There is no way I am giving Rupert Murdoch anymore money. :angry:

laurouski
03-03-2007, 23:17
I can still get Sky One.

For the people who don't have Sky One, it's only a possibility ATM, but Sky are supposedly thinking about putting Sky One on regular TV (with BBC1, BBC2, ITV, C4, C5), but you will have to have a Freeview box to view it (that's if it even happens).

There are only three people that I know of that watch Lost (but only two that I really talk to about it, cos we all watched it from Series 1). First, one of them couldn't watch it when it was poached by Sky One, and now the other can't because of Virgin Media-Gate..

And then there was one. I feel like it's only a matter of time before something happens to prevent me from watching it...... http://www.alexanderpringwilson.org/images/emoticons/hideunderchair.gifhttp://www.alexanderpringwilson.org/images/emoticons/hideunderchair.gifhttp://www.alexanderpringwilson.org/images/emoticons/hideunderchair.gif

Bryan
04-03-2007, 11:14
I'll download lost and 24 like i always have done, seen as i dont have sky one

sky one make me sick to think they steal everyone's shows i.e lost from channel 4 and 24 from bbc, and then they make it impossible for many people to watch them

they wonder why people download, becuase otherwise they miss out on great shows!

Abbie
04-03-2007, 13:25
I can watch it with sky one but I can also downlaod some if I wanted to.
I love lost and I wont give up on it :p

Cornishbabe
04-03-2007, 14:18
Im downloading the eppisodes. but they are oftern bad quality so ill probably buy the box sets whn they come out so I can watch the series on TV without it becomming pixelated or freezing

Abbie
04-03-2007, 14:20
Im so mad on lost soemtimes I download them first and then still watch them on sky one and I also buy the dvd box sets :D

Luna
04-03-2007, 18:45
Lost series 3 will be available on Virgin Central (channel 119) but its taking time to get it set up The first two series are going to be on on demand (think the first one is on there just now!!

Will let you know when we get an exact date for it going on

Siobhan
05-03-2007, 10:08
I watch it on Sky on Sunday's and if I miss it I can catch it on Monday on Irish Channel but I will be buying the boxsets too

Abbie
05-03-2007, 16:36
Lost series 3 will be available on Virgin Central (channel 119) but its taking time to get it set up The first two series are going to be on on demand (think the first one is on there just now!!

Will let you know when we get an exact date for it going onIm sorry what!? This has confused me

Luna
05-03-2007, 16:57

Will let you know when we get an exact date for it going onIm sorry what!? This has confused me

I work for Virgin Media (i.e. NTL and Telewest)

We are arranging for lost to be shown on the new channel Virgin Central which has replaced sky one since it has been moved. But we dont have an exact date for it yet

Abbie
05-03-2007, 19:54
o right is sky one still going be on actaul sky then

Chloe O'brien
05-03-2007, 20:58
Virgin Media has warned Sky that unless the ongoing carriage dispute over the satellite broadcaster's basic channels is resolved within 30 days, it will "pursue action in the high court."

Characterising Sky's conduct in the dispute as "extreme," the cable operator said that in any court action it would seek supply of Sky's basic channels - which include Sky One and Sky News - "at a reasonable commercial rate". It also indicated that it would expect "fair payment for Sky's carriage of Virgin Media TV channels, such as Living and Bravo."

Virgin Media also said that it would "seek damages if the dispute is not resolved."

The company's CEO, Steve Burch, said in a statement: "We are not interested in prolonging this dispute any longer than necessary but we will not allow Virgin Media or our customers to be the victim of Sky's market power. In the interest of the consumer, we want these issues resolved quickly."

The inclusion of Virgin's recently-signed deal with Sky for carriage of the former Flextech channels in the threat of legal action comes after earlier comments that the agreement was reached under duress due to what Virgin calls Sky's "dominant" position in the multichannel marketplace.

"Even when adjusted for the Sky basic channels' marginally higher share of total viewership and its larger subscriber base, Sky is demanding an annual price per subscriber some 1700 percent higher than it pays for the Virgin Media TV channels," the company said this afternoon.

"This gaping disparity in channel valuation is the hallmark of Sky's systematic abuse of dominance and their longer term objective of suppressing existing and emerging competition from other companies. Throughout both sets of negotiations, Virgin Media have proposed relatively small adjustments to the status quo (mostly in Sky's favour). Sky, by contrast, have consistently tried to use their market power to fundamentally change in their favour the dynamics of the pay TV market."