PDA

View Full Version : gutted no more 24 for me

callummc
01-03-2007, 00:59
anyone else in our situation,being virgin customers ,sky have now pulled the plug on us,mid series,they blacked the screen half way through sundays episode,and we thought never mind catch it on saturdays repeat,not to be now,parents are cancelling virgin tomorrow,no point in changing to sky now cos we would miss to many episodes,have to hope brother tapes it for us,totally depressed at situation,worse come to worse we'll have to wait for boxed set to come out

Luna
01-03-2007, 07:38
callum i work for virgin media and rust me no ones more gutted than i am about these channels being removed Im so not looking forward to work today

Theres another thread about it here

http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62207

Chloe O'brien
01-03-2007, 10:54
anyone else in our situation,being virgin customers ,sky have now pulled the plug on us,mid series,they blacked the screen half way through sundays episode,and we thought never mind catch it on saturdays repeat,not to be now,parents are cancelling virgin tomorrow,no point in changing to sky now cos we would miss to many episodes,have to hope brother tapes it for us,totally depressed at situation,worse come to worse we'll have to wait for boxed set to come out

I'm gutted about it as well Call but I'm not going to bow to Sky and pay extra money for it. I'll just continue to download the episodes of the net and buy the box set when it comes out later in the year.

Luna
01-03-2007, 11:07

I'm gutted about it as well Call but I'm not going to bow to Sky and pay extra money for it. I'll just continue to download the episodes of the net and buy the box set when it comes out later in the year.

glad to see your sticking with us kath!!!! Call up and get a discount every other customer is.....

callummc
01-03-2007, 12:37
well my mams phoned but kept the freeveiw package with the hope that by next years series things might be sorted out,brother said he'll tape it for us he watches it to,only problem he works shifts and we usually tape it for him,did anmyone elses cable go of half way through last sundays episode

Luna
01-03-2007, 12:44
hopefully things will be worked out very soon (ears are hurting now lol)
apparently we are still in talks with sky.

Everyones blacked out half way through for some reason the other day

callummc
01-03-2007, 15:55
i feel sorry for your poor ears,my sister works at the airport and she had the same problem when they had the high alert last year,working with the public is hard work when things are going wrong and your on the firing line,you should get a bonus for getting all the earache

Luna
01-03-2007, 17:21
thanks callum im going to show this to my boss lol maybe even send it to Mr B hee hee

Siobhan
01-03-2007, 17:25
i feel sorry for your poor ears,my sister works at the airport and she had the same problem when they had the high alert last year,working with the public is hard work when things are going wrong and your on the firing line,you should get a bonus for getting all the earache

that is what I hated about working with the Public.. they think it is all your fault, like you are personally to blame if things go wrong even though it is totally out of your hands.. some people just want someone to scream and shout at...

Johnny Allen
05-03-2007, 08:57
I was not happy to discover this as I tuned in saturday night having missed last weeks episode. What am I going to do with no Jack Bauer? what winds me up is its all about money and greed and the people that lose from this the most....the viewer. Its just ridicolous, and my sound has gone on the pc so I cant even download it, guess Im gonna have to buy the boxset. One unhappy 24 fan.

callummc
06-03-2007, 10:55
well johnny i'm in the same situation,luckily for me my brothers on sky and he taped sat and sundays episodes,see if one of your mates can tape it for you,otherwise you have the right idea we are just being blackmailed by sky into changing to them,the only thing is its lower than the low cutting us of mid series,if they knew this was gonna happen and i'm sure they did we should have been cut off before the new series started,i like you am not happy