PDA

View Full Version : New Take That Tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luna
26-02-2007, 06:25
FROM EMAIL SENT FROM OFFICIAL SITE JUST NOW!!

We also have some other exciting news... Take That will be playing a string of UK dates in November and December!

All tickets go on sale at 9am on Friday 2nd March and will be available from the tour credit card hotline on:

0871 2200 260;

0871 230 6230;

0871 424 4444.

Or you can buy online at one of the following:

www.gigsandtours.com

www.ticketmaster.co.uk

www.ticketline.co.uk

Here are the dates the guys will be playing:

Birmingham NEC

Friday 16th, Saturday 17th, Monday 19th and Tuesday 20th November 2007

Tel: 0870 909 4133

Glasgow SECC

Thursday 22nd, Friday 23rd and Saturday 24th November 2007

Tel: 0870 040 4000

Newcastle Arena

Monday 26th and Tuesday 27th November 2007

Tel: 0870 707 8000

London The O2 Arena

Thursday 29th and Friday 30th November, Saturday 1st, Monday 3rd and Tuesday 4th December 2007

Tel: 0871 984 0002

Manchester MEN Arena

Monday 10th, Tuesday 11th, Thursday 13th, Friday 14th, Saturday 15th, Monday 17th, Tuesday 18th and Wednesday 19th December 2007

Tel: 0870 190 8000

Katy
26-02-2007, 16:08
ooh, i might have to try and get tickets this time for the MEN, last time they all sold out in like a day, i imagin it will be pretty simular. I tink they did COMS last time. probably not big enough.

Abbie
26-02-2007, 16:44
My firend got a text about this at school today, hmm might see if I can go.

Trinity
26-02-2007, 16:58
Lee!

There is no hope for you AT ALL!

Take that? You can have 'em!

Luna
26-02-2007, 17:09
Lee!

There is no hope for you AT ALL!

Take that? You can have 'em!

How can you say that :eek:

I have been so excited all day my boss now thinks im nuts and my whole team are sick of me talking about it already!!!

oooohhhhhh i cant wait

Luna
26-02-2007, 20:06
Reformed boy band Take That are to tour the UK for the second time after getting back together last year.
The Beautiful World Tour will include shows in Birmingham, Glasgow, Newcastle, London and Manchester during November and December.

Last year's single Patience and album Beautiful World topped the charts following a successful reunion tour.

Gary Barlow said: "We can think of no better way to round off the year than by giving our fans the best show ever."

He added: "We've all been totally overwhelmed by the support and loyalty from our fans and the encouragement we've received over the past 18 months."

Brit winners

The Beautiful World Tour starts with four shows at Birmingham's NEC from 16-20 November, and includes five shows at The O2 in London - the former Millennium Dome in Greenwich.

It ends with eight concerts at Manchester's MEN Arena between 10-19 December. Tickets go on sale on Friday at 0900 GMT.

The band played to more than 500,000 people on their comeback tour in 2006, while Beautiful World sold 1.15 million copies in the UK in its first month of release.

Their hit Patience won best single at the recent Brit Awards

Katy
26-02-2007, 20:08
Im excited as well, im going to try so hard to try and go this year. Especially in Manchester.

Luna
26-02-2007, 20:15
ive managed to get my shift changed at work tso i can spend all morning on the phone/mobile/internet and quite possibly camping out (not quite decided on that one yet)

Katy
26-02-2007, 20:16
your so up for getting these tickets, im trying to persuede my dad to try and get them for me as i have a lesson on fridays.

Luna
26-02-2007, 20:19
i seriously am getting these tickets only problem is the phones and the internet crashed last year hope that doesnt happen this year

Katy
26-02-2007, 20:20
I reckon there will be less this time, still hard to get tickets but not as bad as its not the big reunion, it will still be HUGE though !!!>

Xx-Vicky-xX
27-02-2007, 13:18
Im hopeing i can go with one of my mates which im extremely excited about :D

Chloe-Elise
27-02-2007, 19:24
Thanks for posting, I'm desperate for tickets! Couldn't get any last time though...will be brilliant if I can get tickets :D

Chloe O'brien
28-02-2007, 12:24
Tickets for this year's T in the park sold out in 40 minutes. It will be interesting to see how long it takes before all Take That tickets take to be sold out. As I think there will be a greater demand for them.

Luna
02-03-2007, 16:20
Take That fans have snapped up all 370,000 tickets for the pop band's latest UK tour in just three hours.
Hundreds of people queued outside venues to secure their places, while the Ticketmaster website crashed when the seats went on sale at 0900 GMT.

But some fans are angry that tickets have appeared on eBay, with prices already reaching thousands of pounds.

The tour promoter said it "strongly recommended" against buying tickets on eBay as they may not be genuine.

Bidding for one pair of seats, in the front block of London's O2 Arena, has already reached £9,400, but the auction began on Thursday evening - before tickets even went on sale.

"Not one single person bought a ticket before 0900 this morning," a spokeswoman for tour promoters SJM Concerts said.

We are all totally overwhelmed, and also a bit nervous

Mark Owen
"There was no pre-sale. The tour was set up with the intention of letting as many fans as possible see the concert.

"Unfortunately, we can't legislate for people selling on tickets on eBay".

The sell-out 29-date tour is another accolade for the former boy band, who reformed last year following an ITV documentary marking the 10th anniversary of their demise.

Their comeback hit Patience reached number one at the end of last year and recently won a Brit award for best British single. Their album, Beautiful World, also topped the charts.

Celebrate

"We're in Tokyo at the moment so it's really surreal to hear the news from the UK," Mark Owen said.

"We are all totally overwhelmed, and also a bit nervous. We're trying to celebrate but we're all a bit jet lagged."

Bandmate Jason Orange added: "We'll be looking to make this the best tour we can and look forward to seeing everyone in November."

The tour starts in Birmingham on 15 November and also includes eight dates at London's O2 Arena, formerly the Millennium Dome.

It finishes with 11 nights at Manchester's MEN Arena just before Christmas.

pookie1968uk
02-03-2007, 16:26
its amazing that they have sold out so quick, but ebay should take responsibility for the tickets being sold on their site and ban them.

Luna
02-03-2007, 17:11
i managed to get hold of two set of tickets and only because a girl booked too many and offered them for face value on take thats website both are for manchester so i'll need to travel yet again.

I feel sorry for the people who camped out last night in glasgow to try and get the front row tickets. Turns out they couldnt get them as they saved those for online bookings

Katy
02-03-2007, 17:35
i bet thats made your day Luna. I saw someone who camped out on the telly this morning that i knew.

Chloe O'brien
02-03-2007, 19:00
Three hours that's impressive. Ticket promoters are going to have to get a law enforced on people selling tickets for hundred's of pounds on ebay. Its not fair on genuine fans who maybe queued all night to get them, and not been able to buy them. While other people are buying them just to sell.

pookie1968uk
06-03-2008, 14:34
Take That break DVD sales record

Take That scooped two Brit Awards at this year's ceremony
Take That's Beautiful World Live DVD has become the fastest selling music DVD in UK history, according to their record company Polydor.
The recording of the group's European tour went straight to number one in the UK music DVD charts after shifting more than 64,000 copies in one week.

Celine Dion's Live In Las Vegas was second, selling 1,600 copies.

Take That's DVD also outsold the number one album this week, Amy Winehouse's Back To Black.

According to Polydor, this is the first time a music DVD has managed to outsell the top album.

Since Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Howard Donald reunited in 2005 after a decade apart, they have gone from strength to strength.

In 2006, the group topped the UK singles and album charts. Their track Shine, which went to number one in February 2007, won them best single at the Brit Awards.

They also won best British live act at last month's ceremony