PDA

View Full Version : The food pyramid

Siobhan
21-02-2007, 16:59
Who eats this much a day?

Build the foundation of your daily eating plan with
6 to 11 servings from the Bread, Cereal, Rice & Pasta Group.

Choose an item from the Vegetable group
at least 3 to 5 times each day.

It's a treat to enjoy 2 to 4 servings from the
Fruit Group as part of your daily diet.

Limit your selection of Milk, Yogurt & Cheese
to just 2 to 3 items per day.

Get protein from the Meat, Poultry, Fish, Dry Beans, Eggs & Nuts
through 2 to 3 servings every day.

Top off your daily eating plan with
Fats, Oils & Sweets, but only in small quantities.

I would be as big as a house if I ate 6 - 10 cereals etc..

.:SpIcYsPy:.
21-02-2007, 21:14
Lmao I never got the pyramid!! For above reasons like you said :lol:

Debs
21-02-2007, 22:30
im struggling to work out what you would have to eat to make up 6 servings a day

2 slices of bread maybe = 2 servings?

but i dont eat pasta or rice everyday!

Siobhan
22-02-2007, 09:21
im struggling to work out what you would have to eat to make up 6 servings a day

2 slices of bread maybe = 2 servings?

but i dont eat pasta or rice everyday!

that is what I am wondering too.. ok so you have cereal in morning, 2 slices of bread and rice/pasta or potatoes (I dont' know anyone who eats all three for dinner in one go) so that would only be about 4 on average!! how do you push to 6 aswell as getting your dairy and fruit/veg into your day!!

Jojo
22-02-2007, 09:30
I'm gonna stick with my eat what I want when I want plan!! Its done me no harm for the past *coughsomanycough* years.

Trying to fit all that in aswell as my 8 pints of water etc - crikey, I'd be as big as a house!! No thanks! In moderation and balance. Bit of everything - suits me fine lol

Siobhan
22-02-2007, 10:08
that is the best way to enjoy food.. eat when you want and not keep table on what you ate and how much of it.. I understand that UK has 58% obesity but all these food people are taking the fun out of everything.. Years ago we didn't have this information about fat, what you need to eat or any of these mad diseased that stops you eating beef, chicken, etc... and I think the nation was a lot healtier on the whole

Jojo
22-02-2007, 10:13
Half of the problem, I think is the whole food on the go type scenarios. Packet meals etc are so much easier, rather than 10/15 years ago not having so much of a choice and making the majority of foods from scratch (your curries etc) Processed foods and takeaways have become so much more part of everyones lifestyles, both through ease and (in my case sometimes, I'll admit) the can't be bothered attitude.