15-02-2007, 23:14
A very happy Birthday to June, and here's to another 80 years of Dot. :cheer:

parkerman
16-02-2007, 09:47
Hear hear to that, Richie.:thumbsup:

alan45
16-02-2007, 10:05
One of the very few things that is worth watching in EE these days. Pity about the crap storylines they have lined up for her. Happy Birthday June.

Unfortunately I dont think she will be around in 80 years. If I thought she would live to 160 then I might take up the smoking myself.

Siobhan
16-02-2007, 10:09
wow.. she does not look 80 at all and I am glad she is still going strong

Katy
16-02-2007, 14:40
Thats shocked me, i thought she was younger than that, shes going strong.

Footie_Chick
16-02-2007, 14:42
I think she looks older on screen but when she's out and about and not wearing her Dot wig then she looks alot younger.

Abbie
17-02-2007, 00:22
Wow I didnt know she was 80!!!! :eek: In the 70's I would of guessed.
well here is a late happy birthday to her

CrazyLea
17-02-2007, 00:38
Wow, she really does look a little younger than 80.. I would have thought 70.. early 70's. Congrats to her!

Totally irrevelant (sp?), but does she smoke in real life?

Abbie
17-02-2007, 00:39
Totally irrevelant (sp?), but does she smoke in real life?

I was thinking that, I think she does , well actaully I dont know, just ignore me lol

Kim
17-02-2007, 00:48
I didn't know she was 80! The first memory I have of my Gran was when she was 79, but she was nowhere near as mobile as Dot is now.

GwennieS
17-02-2007, 09:49
congratulations June :cheer: she does look amazing for 80 and still so fit, she is by far the best actress in EE at the moment, they should treasure her instead of making her angry by giving her crap storylines.

Gwennie

Pinkbanana
17-02-2007, 10:02
congratulations June :cheer: she does look amazing for 80 and still so fit, she is by far the best actress in EE at the moment, they should treasure her instead of making her angry by giving her crap storylines.

Gwennie

How do you know she is actually angry with the storylines she is getting? the tabloids are fully of rumours (thats rumours, not substance). When Ive seen her interviewed, on Paul O'Grady etc..., she was praising the show.

I do agree that she looks good for an 80 year old! Just goes to show, she smokes like a chimney, holds down a busy job, and yet seems to be in good health and spirit!

The woman is a legend! :bow:

alan45
17-02-2007, 10:17
[QUOTE=GwennieS;500475]congratulations June :cheer: she does look amazing for 80 and still so fit, she is by far the best actress in EE at the moment, they should treasure her instead of making her angry by giving her crap storylines.

Gwennie

How do you know she is actually angry with the storylines she is getting? the tabloids are fully of rumours (thats rumours, not substance). When Ive seen her interviewed, on Paul O'Grady etc..., she was praising the show.
When the Sun printed a recent story saying that she was fed up with the rubbish storylines and thinking of resigning along with John Bardon and that they had a bust-up on set, the BBC were quick to deny her resignation but they never as far as I know denied she was unhappy with the storylines. Some of the stuff they have asked her to get involved in recently have been an insult to her acting abilities.

I do agree that she looks good for an 80 year old! Just goes to show, she smokes like a chimney, holds down a busy job, and yet seems to be in good health and spirit!

The woman is a legend! :bow:

Agreed:) :clap:

Chloe O'brien
18-02-2007, 00:51
Belated birthday wishes to June. A wonderful actress who has made us laugh and cry along with Dot with her superb acting.

Richie_lecturer
18-02-2007, 23:16

Unfortunately I dont think she will be around in 80 years. If I thought she would live to 160 then I might take up the smoking myself.

Same here.

I think she'll go on for another 5 years, and won't stay on like Gretchen Franklin did to 89 (albeit Ethel did disappear for a few years and only came back in 2000 to die) . I know she says she'll be carried out of Elstree in a box, but I can't see that really happening. At her age, if she has a stroke of some other health scare, she will at best only appear part time, like Betty in Corrie. Not that I'm wishing poor health on June, in fact I think she looks great for 80. :)

Liverpool Red
22-02-2007, 19:05
Happy Birthday and Best Wishes in the future June

brooksyrules
23-02-2007, 14:39
happy birthday and also have a great one