PDA

View Full Version : X Factor to get fourth judge

Luna
15-02-2007, 14:41
It seems the battle of the X Factor judges is about to get bigger - as another celeb is added to the panel.

Simon Cowell has confirmed that he, Irish music mogul Louis Walsh and Sharon Osbourne will be joined by a fourth judge in the next series, reports The Sun.

Although TV's Mr Nasty hasn't commented on who might fill the fourth seat, it's rumoured Girls Aloud singer Cheryl Cole might be offered the slot.

"Simon really likes Cheryl's outspoken attitude and thinks she could brighten up the show," a source told the paper.

The pretty singer, who is married to footballer Ashley Cole, is certainly no stranger to TV talent shows.

She shot to fame in Popstars: The Rivals in 2002, which saw a group of male and female singers battling for a place in a girl group, Girls Aloud, and a boy band, the short-lived One True Voice. Louis Walsh is the manager of her group.

Katy
15-02-2007, 15:05
oh god no, as if it werent bad enough, they want to include Cheyl cole. I'll definitly give the show a miss if that happens.

Bryan
15-02-2007, 15:41
That judge is going to feel a bit excluded, seen at the other three are mentors, its not like the 4th judge can mentor another catagory as they've covered it all unless they allowing singing pets in the next series :rotfl:

CrazyLea
15-02-2007, 15:45
I'll still watch it, but I personally think it's a little silly having someone who was orignally chosen by judges in the first place :searchme:

Abbie
15-02-2007, 16:00
That will be strange, how will they do the voting off at the end with 4 judges?!

CrazyLea
15-02-2007, 16:02
I'm guessing she'll just be the judge for the auditions.. like when they have guest judges on.

Abbie
15-02-2007, 16:05
I'm guessing she'll just be the judge for the auditions.. like when they have guest judges on.

O right, well in that case its not that bad, but still what if it 2 -2 when they are voting for people to get through

CrazyLea
15-02-2007, 16:18
That was only a guess by the way :p Not definate :p and well if I remember rightly last year, you needed 3 yes's to go through, so even if it's 2-2 you won't get through.. if I make any sense? (Sounds better in my head lol)

Abbie
15-02-2007, 16:23
That was only a guess by the way :p Not definate :p and well if I remember rightly last year, you needed 3 yes's to go through, so even if it's 2-2 you won't get through.. if I make any sense? (Sounds better in my head lol)

Lol I know it was only guess but I meant to only talk about it, if that was the case. I think if you got 2-2 and it was a definate no, I think its a little harsh, i dont know why as I know thye have to get 3 but I just cant explain it lol, I can in my head but not on hear :searchme:

LostVoodoo
15-02-2007, 16:35
do you know the first name that came into my head was when i read the title of this.....CHICO! :lol:

Abbie
15-02-2007, 16:36
do you know the first name that came into my head was when i read the title of this.....CHICO! :lol:
Oh my god!!!!
No way Simon would let that happen, it would be his nightmare

Katy
15-02-2007, 16:53
thats a thought, what wuld happen in the catagory thing if she were only to use the audition stage then its a bit pointless. They had four on pop Idol and i never thought it worked as good as three, the format X factor and popstars took.

Footie_Chick
15-02-2007, 17:53
Not sure to be honest how it would work, but maybe they will just do like they did with Paula last year where she came to some of the auditions in one place and helped out.

Siobhan
16-02-2007, 14:53
they did this a bit on American Idol, had a 4th judge but it is still only the 3 main judges who do the final rounds.. so there could be 4 judges during the audition rounds and then just the 3 groups in the end.. maybe??

DaVeyWaVey
16-02-2007, 18:14
I'm not really liking this 4th judge idea...i feel that the show won't get any more exciting just because an extra judge is on the show, i just don't see the point really to be honest.

Chloe O'brien
16-02-2007, 20:52
Maybe they could have a different celebrity judge every week, or bring in someone like pete waterman and have 4 categories instead of three, but that would mean extending the amount of weeks that it was on tv.

Abbie
17-02-2007, 18:03
Well i suppsoe they are doing this so there is a light change adn so we dont get bored I think.

x Amby x
18-02-2007, 20:57
Well if it is Cheryl i think it will be great! She can add something different to it, shes younger so it will show a different side to the way the show works!