PDA

View Full Version : Yet another new young recruit

alan45
15-02-2007, 13:55
From The Sun

ITV are sexing up The Bill after signing Hollyoaks stunner Ali Bastian

Ali — best known as stabbed jailbird Becca in the Channel 4 soap — will play Sun Hill rookie Sally Armstrong.

The fiesty PC appears at the station in July. It is her first posting after passing her probationary period.

Ali, 25, said: “Sally certainly knows her own mind and what she wants out of life and I think there are going to be a few casualties along the way.

“I’m looking forward to getting started — one of my first jobs is to meet with Met Police to research the part.

“It’s going to be really exciting — seeing how it’s all done for real.”

Executive producer Johnathan Young added: “We’ve got some great storylines for her.”

WTF is happenening. First Louisa Lytton, :sick: then Suzanne Shaw now this.

Whats wrong with The Bill are they moving it from Sun Hill to Hendon.

I suupose the only consolation is that unlike Louisa Lytton she looks old enough to be in the force and can act

Jojo
15-02-2007, 13:57
Why do they want to "sex it up"?!

The Bill is brilliant as it is - why change what is already a great programme. It doesnt need the likes of Louisa, Suzanne or any others - leave it as it is I say!

Katy
15-02-2007, 14:12
I agree em, but in a way its better than Lousia as Ali can actual act (some of the time). It will be weird seeing her not as Becca.

she didnt spend much time out of work did she.

Abigail
15-02-2007, 19:29
It's a cop drama, it doesn't need "sexing up."
The program will be ruined if they keep employing other soaps' cast-offs. I wish they'd get some male actors, everybody who has joined recently has been female.

Chloe O'brien
15-02-2007, 20:09
The Bill has survived for 20 years with good storylines and quality actors. It does not need pretty young things brought in to sex it up. At this rate The Bill will be going back to its orginal name "The Wooden Tops" as all the actors starring in will all be wooden.

Footie_Chick
16-02-2007, 14:35
Well they only want another blonde officer really it's like they can't live without them now that Kerry and Honey have gone.
At least Ali does look older enough to play an officers thats one good thing.

Abigail
23-02-2007, 17:51
From The Bill website.

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/3842/alivv8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Ali Bastian may well have best known for playing Hollyoaks’ jailed character Becca, but this time she’s turning her acting talents to the opposite side of the law and has started filming as PC Sally Armstrong.

Ali is delighted to take on a regular character in ITV1’s top cop drama. “Sally certainly knows her own mind and what she wants out of life and I think there are going to be a few casualties along the way,” shares Ali.

Like all new recruits The Bill sends its police officer characters off for research with the real MET Police. “It’s going to be really exciting – seeing how it’s all done for real,” claims Ali.

Look out for Sun Hill’s energetic PC Sally Armstrong this summer.