PDA

View Full Version : Broadband

Jessie Wallace
14-02-2007, 17:05
I'm thinking about changing my broadband package now, as AOL are doing my nut in. And was wondering what you guy recomend, and what the prices are, at the moment, i pay £18 so, don't really want to pay much more than that. I do quite a lot of downloading, and at the moment i'm on unlimited download, so that may be a problem too.

Anyway, your help is needed :D

alan45
14-02-2007, 17:53
I have the complete phone and Broadband service from Talktalk. Costs about 32 quid a month but much cheaper than what I used to pay with BT. Thw quality of the service is good but their call centres are abolute ********

Jessie Wallace
14-02-2007, 18:01
I think that's who my sister is with, so i might go and look up some info on that one.

But it's good to get other people's opinion on things first.

Kim
14-02-2007, 20:03
We have bleyonder. Problems with the connection are rare, but if you have more than one pc it is a pain. Ours is £17.99 a month, but I don't think downloads are included, so you'd have to find out if they do a package with them, and how much more it would be.

Luna
14-02-2007, 20:35
We have bleyonder. Problems with the connection are rare, but if you have more than one pc it is a pain. Ours is £17.99 a month, but I don't think downloads are included, so you'd have to find out if they do a package with them, and how much more it would be.

Thats who i work for kim the £17.99 is unlimited so downloads are fine. If you join just now you get 2mb for £10 for the first ten months. But you do have to pay by direct debit or you'll be hit if i extra £5 fee on your bill every month.

Chloe O'brien
14-02-2007, 20:41
I have blueyonder broadband with unlimited downloads. I pay around £50 a month but that includes the tv and phone as well.

Abi
14-02-2007, 20:59
We're on Orange. Its pretty good, because the internet side of it is free, and included in the price of your Phone Contract. So ours is £19.99 a month, including a Mobile too (You can choose what package you want with your phone as well, with the amount of texts, calls etc)

You also get a free phone line, which means you get free evening and weekend phonecalls, which is pretty good. Though that can take a bit of setting up, cause they're customer services is... well... a bit rubbish to say the least, lol!

pinkles14
14-02-2007, 21:22
we have Ntl the 2mb and its £10.00 a month

alan45
14-02-2007, 21:35
My Talk talk is 8mb and Im running two laptops and a wifi pda off it. I have never had any connection probs and all my phone calls are free including international. Major drawback is their call centre. My grasp of Gujarati is non existant

Abigail
14-02-2007, 23:22
I have Orange, wich was wanadoo. We were about to upgrade to wireless when they changed over and trying to change our package from standard broadband online was a nightmare. They just did not have the option for standard wireless without the phone deal.

Our wireless costs the same as standard broadband, £17.99. Can get upto 8meg depending on your area. Unlimited surfing, downloads etc.

Apart from the change over problem we've had no other problems. Call centres are all in the UK as well.

Tori
15-02-2007, 19:56
i have pipex and it's fine, never had any problems. our tariff doesn't exist anymore, but i think the ones are similar. up to 8mb for £20 or there about, i'm not sure if they have a maximum download count though.

pinkles14
26-02-2007, 12:54
we have Ntl the 2mb and its £10.00 a month

Now ntl has changed to virgin media its gone up to £18.00

Katy
26-02-2007, 20:57
this all sounds gobledegook to me, god help me when i have to leave home.

Jojo
26-02-2007, 22:22
We are on BT Broadband, switched over from Wanadoo 2 years ago, and I've never had a problem with it. I think we pay £16.99 (or something like that). When I've been downloading, I've never hit restrictions or extra charges, although the first thing I did was ensure that I didn't install their browser.

Jessie Wallace
26-02-2007, 22:24
I think it's going to be between Talk Talk and Bt. Just need to look things up now really.

alan45
26-02-2007, 22:28
We are on BT Broadband, switched over from Wanadoo 2 years ago, and I've never had a problem with it. I think we pay £16.99 (or something like that). When I've been downloading, I've never hit restrictions or extra charges, although the first thing I did was ensure that I didn't install their browser.
Yes their browser is terrible. Stick to IE 6 or 7. I was paying a forturne to BT for Phone and Broadband. Talk talk worked out a lot cheaper.

Jojo
26-02-2007, 22:31
Yes their browser is terrible. Stick to IE 6 or 7. I was paying a forturne to BT for Phone and Broadband. Talk talk worked out a lot cheaper.

Firefox all the way for me Alan - I find that IE is a lot slower and uses far more virtual memory than firefox does aswell.

I refused to go onto the Phone and Broadband package from them though - they get my line rental, but none of my call charges and they aren't going to get them anytime soon either :lol:

alan45
26-02-2007, 22:36
I might try firefox on one of my computers to see. I agree about IE7 being sllllllooooooooowwwwwwww but there is a patch to download which seems to speed up the Phishing security bit

hazey
27-02-2007, 10:34
I have Bt Broadband and it serves two computers we have 8mb for 29.00 a month had bt from the begining never had any problems,son downloads all the time, infact his computer/ wireless router hasnt been turned off for 4 months.

alan45
27-02-2007, 10:41
I have Bt Broadband and it serves two computers we have 8mb for 29.00 a month had bt from the begining never had any problems,son downloads all the time, infact his computer/ wireless router hasnt been turned off for 4 months.
I get the same from Talk Talk fo a tenner a month. Thats why I left BT. I have all my telephone calls and line rental for less than 30 quid

Jojo
27-02-2007, 11:17
When we are all online, we have the three of us, sat wirelessly and sometimes both me and my eldest are downloading - this is still for the lowest package aswell :D