PDA

View Full Version : New Detective for The Bill

alan45
03-02-2007, 08:04
THIS Life’s Amita Dhiri is going back into the law — by starring in The Bill.

Amita — best known as legal eagle Milly in the cult BBC2 drama — will play tough detective Grace Desari.

The actress, 38, whose This Life lawyer character was always stressed-out, joked: “I like to keep on the right side of the law.

“It’ll be nice to view things from the police point of view for a change. Grace is quite a cool customer — not good at dealing with emotion.

“I’m looking forward to getting under her skin a bit. I think she’s really going to shake things up.”

Grace, a high-flying Detective Constable, initially joins Sun Hill on a six-month secondment from Special Projects.

An insider at the ITV1 drama said: “She won’t always see eye-to-eye with Sun Hill CID.”

Amita was last seen in the ten-year This Life anniversary special. Her character Milly was still with boyfriend Egg, but had softened around the edges after having a son and quitting work.

She has admitted she struggled to find work after the original 1990s series. Her first Bill episodes air in mid-June.

Abigail
03-02-2007, 17:12
I was thinking about this a while ago and we had a discussion on it in the Sam Nixon thread. I was thinking it was going to be a DS though as Sam has been promoted and now Phil is the only DS (I think). With the new woman there will be four Dc's and one DS. That's not exactly balanced.

Anyway, I don't actually know who you're on about but hopefully she'll be good. Slightly worried that she hasn't had much work for so long, does that mean she's not good?

Abigail
23-02-2007, 17:54
Some more info from TB website:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4131/millyaj1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Amita Dhiri, famous for playing ‘Milly’ in BBC’s ‘This Life’ is joining Sun Hill’s CID as tough Detective Constable Grace Desari.

Executive producer Johnathan Young is delighted with the show’s new casting: “Amita is a fantastic addition to Sun Hill. The Bill’s storylines have proved to be a really powerful start to 2007, and there’s so much more to come! Articulate, intelligent and ruthless, Grace is going to be a force to be reckoned with.”

The actress Amita claims: “Grace is quite a cool customer – not good at dealing with emotion and always straight to the point – I’m looking forward to getting under her skin. I think she’s really going to shake things up!”

She jokes: “I like to keep on the right side of the law and it’ll be nice to view things from the police point of view, for a change! “

The Bill’s new DC is initially on a six month secondment at Sun Hill, away from her usual work on Special Projects. Her colleagues won’t see eye-to-eye with her, but maybe her gritty-policing will bring them around?

DC Grace Desari will start duty at Sun Hill from mid-June.