PDA

View Full Version : Holby Blue

Bryan
01-02-2007, 08:26
The cast and crew of the eagerly-anticipated BBC police drama ‘HolbyBlue’ began filming this week.

Heading up the cast are ex-EastEnders actress Kacey Ainsworth and former-Footballers’ Wives star Zoe Lucker. Other faces include Sorted’s Cal Macaninch, William and Mary’s Velibor Topic and film and TV personality Tim Pigott-Smith.

The series boasts hard drugs, even harder gang members, and the constant threat of terrorism, combined with the never-ending bureaucracy of the ranks of the Holby South police and CID units, who are forced to put their differences aside in a bid to ensure Holby is a safer place to live.

Straight talking DI John Keenan (Macaninch) lives for his job and will stop at nothing to secure a conviction. He somehow manages to be a great dad to his two young children, but a lousy husband to Kate (Lucker). The pair find themselves playing the field following their recent split, but it is clear that neither is ready to move on. John’s affair with the Crown Prosecution Services’ Rachel Barker (Sara Powell, London’s Burning) is further complicated when Kate applies for a job at the station.

Meanwhile, Inspector Jenny Black (Ainsworth) seems to "have it all" – a successful job, a trophy marriage and a happy family. For Jenny, reality soon hits when she realises that she has long-neglected her own needs for far too long.

Other characters on the beat include DS Luke French (Richard Harrington, Bleak House), a clean-cut newcomer with his sights firmly set to the top; eager PC Lucy Slater (Elaine Glover, Footballers’ Wives); and cocky PC Robert Clifton (Kieran O’Brien, Cracker).

Of the new series, Executive Producer and writer of the series Tony Jordan said: "HolbyBlue is a fresh new approach to dramatising a modern day police force that not only has to deal with hard-nosed criminals but is expected to help fight the ‘war on terror’ on home soil."

John Yorke, Controller BBC Drama Production commented: "Whilst revealing a different side to the city of Holby, HolbyBlue still has the warmth and wit of the much loved Casualty and Holby City brands; the characters have to deal with the personal problems that occur in everyday life as well as keeping a cool head as they fight crime on the streets of Holby."

Co-executive producer Karen Wilson added: "We’re ecstatic to have such an exciting cast on board with Kacey Ainsworth, Cal Macaninch, Kieran O’Brien and Zoe Lucker to name but a few. Together with some great writing from Tony Jordan we are sure that HolbyBlue will raise the bar for police dramas."

The eight-part prime-time series will air on BBC One in the Spring.

Footie_Chick
01-02-2007, 13:22
Yeah this sounds really good Zoe Lucker was on GMTV the other week and said her role is completely different to Tanya as she also plays a mum which she has never done before.

Abbie
01-02-2007, 13:34
Yeah this sounds really good Zoe Lucker was on GMTV the other week and said her role is completely different to Tanya as she also plays a mum which she has never done before.

Oooo this sounds interesting, I like it when you see actors play different charcters and its even better when they play someone completely different

Footie_Chick
01-02-2007, 13:42
Yeah it gives you a different view of them the same with Kacey (little mo), it will be different seeing her as a cop someone who can handle there self and not be how little mo use to be, how vunerable she was.

Abbie
01-02-2007, 13:46
Yeah it gives you a different view of them the same with Kacey (little mo), it will be different seeing her as a cop someone who can handle there self and not be how little mo use to be, how vunerable she was.

I know i should be interesting since 2 of them that we have talked about have been in a soap and a sereis so we all know them to be one kind of person

Bryan
01-02-2007, 14:41
So glad to see Zoe and Kacey back on screen, two of my favourite actresses, cant wait to see how different they will be to Tanya/Little Mo.

Im not a big fan of police dramas usually but I'll give it a go seen as these two are in it.

alan45
01-02-2007, 15:24
Good cast. Sounds promising. I'll give it a whirl

pookie1968uk
01-02-2007, 16:42
yes so will i. like the idea of expanding the holby theme with a series on the police force. maybe they will link the three programmes from time to time.

Katy
01-02-2007, 16:45
Its agood idea as viewers are familier with the fictional areas. Plus that cast looks good, it will let them prove themselves as actors and actresses as sometimes you get one part people, they play the same character in everything there in. nikki sanderson springs to mind.