PDA

View Full Version : Casting rumour- another old foe back?

Abi
30-01-2007, 16:56
The Sun Online has released an article stating that Life on Mars star John Simm is the "favourite to play" to play an important charcter in series 3.

The Sun claims that John Simm is in negotiations to play the Master, who would return in a major twist at the end of the third series.
Sir Derek Jacobi, 68, will play another Who foe - The Professor. "He poses as a good guy but the Doctor discovers the truth when The Professor dies and regenerates."

Source: Outpost Gallifrey

Amber
02-02-2007, 16:30
Oooh! Regenerating eh.. I see. Sounds good :)

Thanks Abi x

JoeBoy1987
17-02-2007, 09:06
Part of me really wants this to be true, but i have a niggling suspsion that it may just be tabloid speculation. Althogh Derek Jacobi did play the master in that onlibne cartoon thing on the bbc website

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scream_of_the_Shalka#Cast

I think i'll wait for an oficial press rlease before i comment

Abi
17-03-2007, 10:21
LIFE On Mars star John Simm WILL be the new Master in Doctor Who.

TV Biz first told how John, 36, was being lined up as the Time Lord’s foe in the next series.

Now his pal and Life on Mars co-star Philip Glenister has confirmed the news.

And Philip — who plays cop DCI Gene Hunt in the BBC1 hit — said he had no worries about John (Sam Tyler) being evil.

Philip, 44, told us at the Royal Television Society awards: “You should see John first thing in the morning — that’s evil enough. He’ll be brilliant.”

The Mars double act will split when this series ends. Philip is to star in the follow-on drama Ashes To Ashes, set in the 80s.