PDA

View Full Version : EE have got it wrong again

callummc
29-01-2007, 00:30
EE are beginning to really annoy me,they keep getting it wrong,why was pauline being buried on new years day and even worse is a boy steals a car ,drives drunk,knocks over a kid,nearly kills himself and his passenger but the police do not come to breatherlise him,or interview him,he dosn't even get a producer let alone a police interveiw,all these inconstisteces are really annoying me and making ee unbeleivable

alan45
29-01-2007, 08:10
EE are beginning to really annoy me,they keep getting it wrong,why was pauline being buried on new years day and even worse is a boy steals a car ,drives drunk,knocks over a kid,nearly kills himself and his passenger but the police do not come to breatherlise him,or interview him,he dosn't even get a producer let alone a police interveiw,all these inconstisteces are really annoying me and making ee unbeleivableYou have just touched the tip of the iceberg. Remember Barrys death. Cremated in Scotland over New Year with no inquest. The list is endless. The latest being the so called flying Mr Benn

Siobhan
29-01-2007, 10:24
come on guys.. it is just a soap, a bit of escapism for people. Ok, maybe you think other soaps are more real but honestly who cares??? Look at what has happened in H&W, bombs, stalkers, fires,kidnap and yet it is hooking a lot of people..

I can just say, if you don't like it and feel the EE is inconsistant, useless, stupid and pointless.. why watch it?? turn it off and leave it to people who enjoy it. I understand you are entitled to your opinion but it is always negative and I dont' understand that if you hate it so much, why do you keep watching it???

alan45
29-01-2007, 10:30
come on guys.. it is just a soap, a bit of escapism for people. Ok, maybe you think other soaps are more real but honestly who cares??? Look at what has happened in H&W, bombs, stalkers, fires,kidnap and yet it is hooking a lot of people..

I can just say, if you don't like it and feel the EE is inconsistant, useless, stupid and pointless.. why watch it?? turn it off and leave it to people who enjoy it. I understand you are entitled to your opinion but it is always negative and I dont' understand that if you hate it so much, why do you keep watching it???
I have been watching it for years. I listen to continuous promises that its getting better. All you get is the odd fantastic episode thrown in amongst a lot of rubbish. I keep hoping it will improve but it only seems to get worse. At times its an insult to my intelligence. Corrie too and Emmerdale have had phaases like this in the past and if they beome as dire as the present EE then be assured I will criticise them too. I was once addicted to EE and would NEVER have missed it.

callummc
29-01-2007, 12:37
for me its not a case of hating ee its a case of either its just a soap,but ee was not just a soap they prided themselves of being a drama,and doing research on the outcome of what would really happen in these events,they must also bear in mind that car crime is rampant and that vulnerable young people might actually beleive if they end up in hospital ,they will not have to face the consequences for their actions,

alan45
29-01-2007, 12:42
for me its not a case of hating ee its a case of either its just a soap,but ee was not just a soap they prided themselves of being a drama,and doing research on the outcome of what would really happen in these events,they must also bear in mind that car crime is rampant and that vulnerable young people might actually beleive if they end up in hospital ,they will not have to face the consequences for their actions,

I do not hate it. It was only a couple of days ago I complimented it on how it treated Homosexuality when it was not normally seen on soaps. As Richie commented there has never been a better portrayal since on any soap. Compare that to the Zoe lesbian kiss that never was or the Sonia lesbo romp that was as exciting and dramatic as a wet lettuce.

EE has/had the ability to be ground breaking

callummc
29-01-2007, 13:42
I think EE are to busy trying to beat the other soaps that they are just coming up with random storylines,not researching them properly,not continueing them,by eights deono would have ben arrested,been to court and be worried sick that he may go to prison,not crying over that odd looking woman who's his mam,they should start doing their research

Siobhan
29-01-2007, 13:46
I think EE are to busy trying to beat the other soaps that they are just coming up with random storylines,not researching them properly,not continueing them,by eights deono would have ben arrested,been to court and be worried sick that he may go to prison,not crying over that odd looking woman who's his mam,they should start doing their research

That is not true.. Max didn't press charges and something very very similar happened with my nephew and he wasn't up on any charges either

Kim
29-01-2007, 18:00
EE are beginning to really annoy me,they keep getting it wrong,why was pauline being buried on new years day and even worse is a boy steals a car ,drives drunk,knocks over a kid,nearly kills himself and his passenger but the police do not come to breatherlise him,or interview him,he dosn't even get a producer let alone a police interveiw,all these inconstisteces are really annoying me and making ee unbeleivable

Pauline wasn't being buried on new-years day. She was going to be cremated, which was why the police were so bothered, because they couldn't have got her body back if they had got there after the service. I don't think it was even new-years day.

deadlyvampiress
29-01-2007, 23:08

Well they could hardly breathalise him while he was in critical condition, when they weren't even sure if he'd live or not, could they? Had he been drinking though? I missed that bit, I only ever saw him storming around.:wall:

alan45
29-01-2007, 23:46

Pauline wasn't being buried on new-years day. She was going to be cremated, .I dont know of any Crematoria that open on New years day

alan45
29-01-2007, 23:47

Well they could hardly breathalise him while he was in critical condition, when they weren't even sure if he'd live or not, could they? Had he been drinking though? I missed that bit, I only ever saw him storming around.:wall:They could have obtained a blood sample

Siobhan
30-01-2007, 10:02
As I said before guys.. it is only a soap.. don't pick holes in it.. I just like watching it for light entertainment. No wonder you don't enjoy it if you spend the whole time watching for inconsistiences.. I am not bias here cause I like EE and I am one to critise if it is way Way OTT or boring. EE is getting better but it is not going to improve for you if you keep picking holes.. give them a chance to get back to the way they were....

Ok Pauline getting buried on New years day: not an issue.. in Ireland people are buried 3 days later
The crash with Deano.. as I said, my nephew wasn't charge (ok my nephew wasn't drunk but he did crash into a van at high speeds and had the same damage as Deano)
I like it, I am entitled to that as you are to your views but at the end of the day, it is a tv program.. lighten up!!!

alan45
30-01-2007, 12:01
As I said before guys.. it is only a soap.. don't pick holes in it.. I just like watching it for light entertainment. Light entertainment Shiv?????. Theres no way EE could be described as light entertainment. Disregarding any inaccuracies, and OTT storylines it has to be the most depressing of all the soaps. However if you enjoy it hey who cares. Maybe one day I will learn to enjoy it again.

On a side note In this part of the Island (where the three day burial rule usually still applies) there are no burials or cremations on new years day unless you are being buried in a Churchyard.

Siobhan
30-01-2007, 12:24
Light entertainment Shiv?????. Theres no way EE could be described as light entertainment. Disregarding any inaccuracies, and OTT storylines it has to be the most depressing of all the soaps. However if you enjoy it hey who cares. Maybe one day I will learn to enjoy it again.

On a side note In this part of the Island (where the three day burial rule usually still applies) there are no burials or cremations on new years day unless you are being buried in a Churchyard.

which most are in the southern part of ireland and a few cemetries come with crematorium... I didn't find it strange at all

Ok I get your point, it is the most depressing of all the soaps but every soap has holes in it (maybe EE more than most) but we should all still enjoy them at our own levels.. Picking holes in it is not going to make a difference

alan45
30-01-2007, 12:56
Light entertainment Shiv?????. Theres no way EE could be described as light entertainment. Disregarding any inaccuracies, and OTT storylines it has to be the most depressing of all the soaps. However if you enjoy it hey who cares. Maybe one day I will learn to enjoy it again.

which most are in the southern part of ireland and a few cemetries come with crematorium... I didn't find it strange at all

Ok I get your point, it is the most depressing of all the soaps but every soap has holes in it (maybe EE more than most) but we should all still enjoy them at our own levels.. Picking holes in it is not going to make a differenceAnd on that happy note we will call a truce. :)

diamond1
31-01-2007, 13:13
I know thisis more of a run down thread for ee but I feel since christmas eastenders has been really good there have been some good storylines and more focus on characters and storylines and I think that it should be said that so far 2007 has been a much more of an improvement compared to the past two years which have dire and right to the point crap!

I dont think eastenders have got it wrong with the things callummc listed I just feel it was a quick way to put it in the storyline I dont think with everything going on in redards to the writers and the storylines there was much point waiting that bit longer for pauliness funeral as it would mess with their scripts and things. or with the police testing deano after the crash..a very good point made but there wouldnt be much point them breathalising deano because we know what the outcome would be anyway so why waste the airtime when the actual storyline is deano coming to terms with his mum it was never about the actual crash anyway.

I may be a majority but I dont think eastenders is bad right now I think it is picking it's self up and I will admit that I think it has been better than corrie this year

*prepares for abuse*

callummc
09-03-2007, 00:40
i have a feeling we might get another head to head soon,when emmerdale show us who did the murder,and i have a feeling that if they do they'll anhialate enders

alan45
09-03-2007, 01:21
i have a feeling we might get another head to head soon,when emmerdale show us who did the murder,and i have a feeling that if they do they'll anhialate enders
Just another cheeap way of tying up loose ends in a POOrly wriiten storyline

parkerman
09-03-2007, 09:38
I think it is picking it's self up and I will admit that I think it has been better than corrie this year

Personally, I'm still waiting!

While watching it last night I was thinking there is not one interesting storyline in Eastenders at the moment whereas Corrie has several well thought out stories with good characterisation and good acting.

I may be forced to join Richie soon and find something else to do at Eastenders time.

alan45
09-03-2007, 09:47
I think it is picking it's self up and I will admit that I think it has been better than corrie this year

Personally, I'm still waiting!

While watching it last night I was thinking there is not one interesting storyline in Eastenders at the moment whereas Corrie has several well thought out stories with good characterisation and good acting.

I may be forced to join Richie soon and find something else to do at Eastenders time.At least night you had a fabulous episode of the Bill to watch

parkerman
09-03-2007, 10:03
Very true Alan. The contrast between The Bill and Eastenders at the moment just makes the point even more how hopeless EE is at the moment.

alan45
09-03-2007, 10:31
Of course it may improve with the return of that fantastic actress Babs Windsor:rolleyes:

Babe14
09-03-2007, 10:56
Just to put my two peneths worth in, I would like to say I haven't a clue what is happening in Enders at the moment as I stopped watching back in Jan, the last thing I remember seeing was Pauline's funeral and maybe an episode after that. I have no desire to start watching again, I don't even bother reading what is going to happen, so total interest has been lost.

All this comes from a viewer of what would of been 23 years last month.

As for comment about Corrie..someone has a geat sense of humour haven't they:lol: (they have just won 3 awards, oneof which was for best soap:))

Richie_lecturer
09-03-2007, 12:38
I did watch The Bill last night to see the last of the Woodentops leave, and while I didn't quite live upto expectations, it was still an enjoyable viewing. I caught a couple of mins of EE during the ad break and all I saw was Carly smashing up everything in sight (why do you have to wreck things in EE to show you're angry???? :confused: It's like animated subtitles. :rolleyes: ). It looked like the same old rubbish and I was glad when The Bill started again. I made the right choice.

parkerman
09-03-2007, 12:40
Just out of interest Richie, how did you manage that? Eastenders was on at 7:30 and finished before The Bill started.:confused:

Siobhan
09-03-2007, 12:41
Just out of interest Richie, how did you manage that? Eastenders was on at 7:30 and finished before The Bill started.:confused:
EE didn't come on til 8pm last night cause of celebrity thing on BBC

parkerman
09-03-2007, 12:44
Oops, sorry Richie. My mistake. (Where's the embarrassed smilie when you need it???)

Richie_lecturer
09-03-2007, 13:04
Don't be!

I didn't know it was moved back to 8pm either, as I don't watch at all anymore. I just flicked around and saw EE on BBC1.

alan45
10-03-2007, 01:11
As for comment about Corrie..someone has a geat sense of humour haven't they:lol: (they have just won 3 awards, oneof which was for best soap:))Yes but they didnt win sexiest young 14 yr old, most boring death scene or best return of a tired worn out ex carry on actress

Babe14
10-03-2007, 09:34
As for comment about Corrie..someone has a geat sense of humour haven't they:lol: (they have just won 3 awards, oneof which was for best soap:))Yes but they didnt win sexiest young 14 yr old, most boring death scene or best return of a tired worn out ex carry on actress

:rotfl: oh Easties haven't let their standards slip then? Glad to hear that they're still on the ball...

Corrieprincess
10-03-2007, 16:07
I think eastenders is a grey depressing show with half wit actors how come none of the young characters never aspire to be more than working on a market stall or becoming involved in dodgy deals? i mean bradley is what the only character who seems to have a job with prospects yet they never describe or tell you anything about it he is either coming home from work or going to, and then the characters within eastenders have either all committed a crime or work for someone who has- look at the extremes between coronation street and eastenders

owner of a cafe
eastenders- Ian beal hummm a good man?
Coronation street- Roy

Owner of the local garage-
Eastenders-Phill Mitchell- a law abiding citizen?
Coronation Street- Kevin Webster

Owner of the local pub
Eastenders- the mitchells - arguably the most criminal family within the soap world
Coronation street- The Mc Donalds- fair enough steve has had his collisions with the law but i think we all know who the "ard man is"

Eastenders is rubbish it reflects an ethos that its better to be poor and struggling than self improvement
and all criminals are really down to earth nice people who are in the rights to break the law

rant done lol

Kim
11-03-2007, 00:26
Yeah, it's really lost the plot. When I was younger, I would get upset if I missed an episode, but now missing episodes doesn't bother me. Similarly, my mate used to be a big fan, but now she looks in the TV magazines to see if there is anyone on that she thinks is fit, lol!

Corrieprincess
11-03-2007, 07:53
Very true, I think hollyoaks is better at the moment:thumbsup:

xTanya
15-03-2007, 14:07
I think Fridays Eppisode was the worst I have ever seen. They had the worst characters in the show all at once. The writing was rubbish, Carly was drunk one minute and sobre the next, and she is the worst actress ever which made everything even worse. The whole story was just so rediculous.

I think the only reason I still watch it is out of habbit. They are very limited on good characters, they all left last year.

callummc
16-03-2007, 12:58
well after reading youe veiws i'm gkad i havn't bothered for the last few weeks,i started of by missing mondays episode thought i'd watch on sunday with parents instead.i then new things had to be dire when mum went to my brothers after 10 minutes and my dad said well that just shows how bad its got,we have never missed an episode since it started,now its like chore,and a chore thet you keep putting off,well noone except my sister has bothered watching and she just keeps moaning about how bad it is,till my mam said stop moaning,just stop watching with every episode you miss you'll feel tons better,and you know what she's right