PDA

View Full Version : Stars line up for new Fame Academy

Footie_Chick
23-01-2007, 10:25
Famous faces are lining up to participate in the forthcoming series of Celebrity Fame Academy on BBC One, in aid of Comic Relief.

Among those tipped to be among the contenders are former EastEnders star Shaun Williamson, who played hapless Barry Evans in the soap.

He could be joined by Birds Of A Feather actress Linda Robson, and socialite Tara Palmer-Tomkinson.

Williamson gained a new army of fans after quitting the Walford-set soap, thanks to his recurring role in the hit Ricky Gervais sitcom Extras.
But he's no stranger to all things musical.

He won Celebrity Stars in Their Eyes in 2004, with his portrayal of rock god Meat Loaf.

Williamson also proved he's got what it takes as a singer by wowing the crowds in a stage version of Saturday Night Fever, as DJ Monty.

More recently, Shaun has completed filming the big-screen thriller Daylight Robbery.

The movie co-stars fellow former Albert Square resident Paul Nicholls, and is set to be released this year.

Celebrity Fame Academy returns in March.

LostVoodoo
23-01-2007, 13:18
yey, this was so good last time it was on!
Shaun Williamson does have a really good voice, as does Paul Nicholls, i distinctly remember him singing during his youth. hoep everyone isn't TOO good though thats no fun. didn't Colin Murray say AGES ago that he'd quite happily follow in Edith's footsteps and do the show this time round? hope they can get him too.

Footie_Chick
23-01-2007, 13:20
Lol, yeah remember Ruby Wax, that was entertainment!!!!!

tammyy2j
23-01-2007, 14:05
yey, this was so good last time it was on!
Shaun Williamson does have a really good voice, as does Paul Nicholls, i distinctly remember him singing during his youth. hoep everyone isn't TOO good though thats no fun. didn't Colin Murray say AGES ago that he'd quite happily follow in Edith's footsteps and do the show this time round? hope they can get him too.

Paul Nicholls isn't doing the show young Paul Nicholls (Joe in Eastenders) is in a film with Shaun. Maybe older Paul Nicholls from Just Good Friends will do the show. I hope they get a good varied bunch for the show