PDA

View Full Version : Billie storms the chart

Abi
21-01-2007, 21:35
Following from the promotional campaign we have been reporting on this week, Billie Piper has returned to the Top 40 charts with a re-entry for her 1999 hit "Honey to the Bee", which has entered the charts this week at number 17.

Radio 1 breakfast presenter Chris Moyles announced to his listeners on Monday 15th that he was planning to conduct a test to see if he could exploit a change in the way the charts are counted, where downloads are included alongside singles.

He played Billie's 1999 hit Honey to the Bee, which charted as high as number 3 first time round, to see if hearing the old hit would encourage people to download it and get it into the charts. Expect a very happy Mr Moyles on Radio 1 tomorrow morning; Billie is also likely to be pleasantly surprised; the hit has returned without her singing a note!

Billie's success is also reported by BBC News.

The other track with a Doctor Who association which received a promotional campaign this week, the song "Love Don't Roam" from the Doctor Who Soundtrack album, has failed to chart. However, it did receive its first radio play on Saturday's Jonathan Ross show on Radio 2. Will it receive further coverage and chart in weeks to come? Time will tell.

Source: Outpost Gallifrey

Luna
21-01-2007, 21:37
was just about to post this!!! i loved this song when it first came out....wonder if it will be no 1 by next week

Jessie Wallace
21-01-2007, 22:08
I so hope it is number One, it would be totally fab if it made it. It would just prove how daft the new way of doing the charts is!!

Katy
22-01-2007, 13:48
i remember buying the album this came of when it was first released. Cant believe it was 1999.

di marco
22-01-2007, 13:56
i remember buying the album this came of when it was first released. Cant believe it was 1999.

i know that seems like such a long time ago now! (as in it doesnt seem like it was that long ago til you look at the dates and realise it was, if that makes sense lol!) my sis had the album and now ive got the song stuck in my head!

Abbie
22-01-2007, 17:00
I cant remember this song at all, but I think its pretty cool that songs can get in the charts by downloads.

DaVeyWaVey
25-01-2007, 17:38
I remember this song from 1999, and Chris Moyles was very happy when it came back to the charts. :D He proved how stupid the way of doing the new chart really is.

Chloe O'brien
27-01-2007, 23:36
she must be laughing her socks off at making money without having to sing any of the songs again.