PDA

View Full Version : Mascara

Abi
14-01-2007, 01:54
Can anyone recommend one?

I like using really black, thickening and lengthening mascara, but the one i've been using goes flaky after about 3 hours, which isn't good at College. Its Rimmel London Waterproof Volume Flash, in black. And as its about £6 each, i'm not too keen on going out and buying other makes, in case they're worse.

adorableangel
14-01-2007, 09:26
benefits mascara bad gal lash is brilliant but a tad pricy at 12 pounds, however it really does last for ages and never clumps.

i also really like the maybelline great lash, its pink and green

Jojo
14-01-2007, 12:06
I'm a cheapskate and use Avon Colour Trend :D

It works for me :D :lol:

.:SpIcYsPy:.
14-01-2007, 12:20
I used Maxfactor Masterpiece and this is a really good mascara because it really catches every lash and makes it show up. It isn't really thickening but still good!! Lasted for quite a while too.

I am using Loreal Paris Telescopic mascara right now. The one where Penelope Cruz in the ad.? It comes packaged so I thought it would be really good and it is. This one really thickens the lashes and takes it to long lengths lol. It was £2 off in Superdrug too :)

Katy
14-01-2007, 12:25
i use a number 7 one, i got it from boots when it was on offer. I really like it. I just use whats around.

Pinkbanana
14-01-2007, 13:42
benefits mascara bad gal lash is brilliant but a tad pricy at 12 pounds, however it really does last for ages and never clumps.

This is the main one I use - Benefit's Bad Gal mascara. Its fantastic, but then again Im a big fan of Benefit cosmetics in general...:thumbsup:

Tori
14-01-2007, 13:51
I have used the maybelline great lash one in the past and it's been good. i don't use mascara anymore though because i have a strange tendency to pull my eyelashes out! my friend bought me one for xmas and that's really good. i can't remember the name but i think that it's maybelline aswell

Pinkbanana
14-01-2007, 14:05
This is the main one I use - Benefit's Bad Gal mascara. Its fantastic, but then again Im a big fan of Benefit cosmetics in general...:thumbsup:

Strange....couldnt edit post....so will add it here instead. :)

Edit: It makes your lashes look longer, thicker and jet black (love the colour). It also last the distance all day...and Ive never had problems with it flaking/clumping....the only downside is the price...£14.50 (which explains why Im always potless)...lol

PS Despite how it sounds...I dont work for Benefit or get commission from them (wish I did as all my mates are now big Benefit fans too)!!! :lol:

Edit: You can get Bad Gal mascara from E bay for approx £8!!!

di marco
14-01-2007, 15:19
i dont use black mascara that often but when i do i use one from the body shop which is really good although its a bit expensive. you could also try collection 2000 from superdrug, i use the clear one of this but my sis has the black one and doesnt have any problems with it

14-01-2007, 16:51
Got a mascara tip for all...

Twirl the brush in the vial... pumping it in and out will only dry out your mascara faster! For extra full lashes, coat both sides of the upper and lower lashes... :) x

Abbie
14-01-2007, 17:27
Got a mascara tip for all...

Twirl the brush in the vial... pumping it in and out will only dry out your mascara faster! For extra full lashes, coat both sides of the upper and lower lashes... :) x

OOO Great tip, looking at all these recommendations they are really expensive! The price we pay for beauty these days.

Katy
14-01-2007, 19:26
i know i just bought a new mascara and foundation and i gave the woman a tenner and got about 2p change. But we have to look our best. Spicy thats a good tip ill have to try it with this new no 7 i have bought.

Kim
15-01-2007, 11:34
I have a maybelline double ended one, which I like, but does dry up quickly if you don't use it often. It looks a lot better than my other one if it is used regularly.

Jojo
15-01-2007, 11:41
OOO Great tip, looking at all these recommendations they are really expensive! The price we pay for beauty these days.

I won't pay more than £3 for mascara, and you'd certainly never catch me paying £5 for lipstick or something - no way!! :D :rotfl:

Personally - I don't see the point lol

Kirsty :]
28-04-2008, 00:04
I have no idea what mascara to buy or anything but I needed a new one so I picked up a Natural Collection Lashlength mascara from Boots at £1.99 and I absolutely love it. It's brilliant and really does make my lashes look longer :)

The only problem is that my eyelashes look really thin and when I do both sides of my lashes... they just look clumpy :/
So can anyone reccomend a good lash buolding mascara?

Tori
28-04-2008, 14:59
I have the natural collection one too, and I know what you mean! Have you tried the maybelline ones?

Hollie-x
28-04-2008, 16:01
I use 3 different mascaras at once as they never seem to do anything - no matter what they say on the label!

A collection 2000 False Lash Effect ( I don't think so..) A cheap one I've had for ages and an Avon one.

I don't pay more than about 4 quid for mascara as to be honest, they're all the same!

28-04-2008, 22:02
I have the natural collection one too, and I know what you mean! Have you tried the maybelline ones?

Nooo are they good?
I bought the Natural Collection mascara because I really needed one and it was cheap.. I'd rather spend money on a mascara that's reccomended than go on my own terms and waste money on something I wish I hadn't... if you get what I mean? lol

I'll have a look at the Maybelline ones next time Im in town though :)

Hollie-x
24-05-2008, 11:30
A friend of mine who I babysit for works for avon, and she had a spare Daring Curves mascara lying around and said I could have it. The effects are amazing! It really does work and i'm not 100% sure, but I think it's only around £4-5. Will be defo getting it again.

24-05-2008, 11:50
A friend of mine who I babysit for works for avon, and she had a spare Daring Curves mascara lying around and said I could have it. The effects are amazing! It really does work and i'm not 100% sure, but I think it's only around £4-5. Will be defo getting it again.

Oohhh I've used that one and it is really good in all fairness :)
Mines all dried up now though :( Must buy another one!!

Hollie-x
24-05-2008, 12:27
Mine's the same - that's the only downside. I've only had it 2 weeks and it's nearly empty! I don't use a lot as I tend to use more that one kind at once.

Abigail
24-05-2008, 14:13
I use Avon's Super Shock mascara. It doesn't clump and I only need one coat.

24-05-2008, 23:17
What's a good Avon mascara for volume & length.. I don't mind a few coats but no clumping..?
Never tried Avon before, thanks x

24-05-2008, 23:36
Oohhh sounds good I might try that supershocks one! Thanks :)

Abigail
24-05-2008, 23:40
What's a good Avon mascara for volume & length.. I don't mind a few coats but no clumping..?

Astonishing lengths (http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/product.asp?src_page=product_list.asp&level1_id=700&level2_id=701&pdept_id=965&dept_id=1047&pf_id=31208) is good, as is Super full (http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/product.asp?src_page=product_list.asp&level1_id=700&level2_id=701&pdept_id=965&dept_id=1047&pf_id=31172)

25-05-2008, 00:17

Astonishing lengths (http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/product.asp?src_page=product_list.asp&level1_id=700&level2_id=701&pdept_id=965&dept_id=1047&pf_id=31208) is good, as is Super full (http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/product.asp?src_page=product_list.asp&level1_id=700&level2_id=701&pdept_id=965&dept_id=1047&pf_id=31172)
Which one would you say is better out of the two you have recommended, personally?

Abigail
25-05-2008, 00:23
I'd go for super full. They're both good but the bristles on the astonishing lengths brush are a bit too thinly spread out so it takes a lot of coats to get decent results.

Perdita
25-05-2008, 07:32
Lash Architect from L'Oreal is very good as well, probably more expensive than Avon though :(