PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 7

Abbie
12-01-2007, 21:28
Okay well im still getting used to everything on my laptop and the other day i updated or upgarded my internet exlporer, somehow and it has come up as explorer 7, just wondering if anyone else as had it.Or have.

Jojo
12-01-2007, 22:12
IE is now on version 7 if thats what you mean Abbie, although I only use it for my online banking - otherwise I always use firefox.

Abbie
12-01-2007, 22:16
Yep thats what I mean, but we dont have it on our other computers and with me just still getting things sorted on here I didnt really instal the internet updates till the other day.

Jojo
12-01-2007, 22:17
Ahhh right - yeah Abbie, its the new release, so when the updates come through, it will upgrade to IE7 automatically.

:D

Abbie
12-01-2007, 22:19
Yep for days it kept saying new updates ready install, but i ignored them at first then gave in.

pookie1968uk
13-01-2007, 08:53
i have had it for about a month and it is great!

alan45
13-01-2007, 09:21
I havent made up my mind about it yet. Im running IE6 on one computer and IE7 on another. Its maybe only my imagination but I think 7 is slower:hmm:

Footie_Chick
13-01-2007, 09:25
I have it on both my computers and they run fine, on my laptop it takes a while when you first switch it on but then in runs as fast as my computer one. The laptop one doesn't get used as much though.

Abigail
13-01-2007, 11:01
IE 7 is just a knock off of Firefox. Firefox had tabbed windows first.

When I sign into messenger and I get emails, if I click on the box to take me to my inbox it does it with IE and I really want it to use firefox. I have already set firefox as my default but it still does it. Any ideas?

Jojo
13-01-2007, 11:12
I find all versions of IE slower than Firefox.

There is a setting somewhere Jelly Belly, I will try and find where it is, as when I open new windows etc, it opens them in Firefox now, but before used IE.

Abigail
14-01-2007, 01:05
I find all versions of IE slower than Firefox.

There is a setting somewhere Jelly Belly, I will try and find where it is, as when I open new windows etc, it opens them in Firefox now, but before used IE.

IE is so slow, I can't understand why they released a new version when its just as slow as the previous ones. Also, on the new IE the menu bar isn't at the top, its underneath the web bar which really annoys me cos it doesn't look right.

Thanks, I've looked all over to find something to rejig it firefox. I love firefox with all its skins and different fonts, its ace.