PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Ryanair

alan45
11-01-2007, 19:53
Today I got an email from Ryanair cancelling flights I had booked with them to go to Austria in May. They are the only Airline who offered direct flights from the island of Ireland direct to Austria. I am now left with two options either to fly to Gatwick and then to Salzburg (abourt twice the price) or fly from dublin to Munich and drive 160 miles. Annoying or what. Best of it is that they have had my money for three months and its going to take them a fortnight to refund it. B******S:angry:

Abi
11-01-2007, 20:00
Why did they cancel it?!

I've only flown with them once, from London Stansted to La Rochelle, and it was a shambles... None of the cabin staff knew what they were doing at all, and it took a good hour waiting for them to let us onto the plane, even after they'd called the bloody flight. I mean, come on, if its not ready, why call the flight?!

Abbie
12-01-2007, 17:34
Thats awful, i hate all airline companies, everytime I have flew with one I just always getted delayed which isnt as bad as being canceled.
Why has it been canceled?

alan45
12-01-2007, 17:56
In spite of all the bad press it gets I have had no problems with easyjet and I have used them loads. My son finds it cheaper to fly from Belfast to Liverpool (his girlfriends at Uni) than it is to take a taxi 10 miles into Belfast

laurouski
13-01-2007, 18:47
You're not the only one that has had problems with difficult airlines - Thomas Cook told us that we were being kicked off of a flight to Turkey because THEY had overbooked it, even though we had pre-booked our seats. They told us that we could either book another flight with another airline, but that would not only be at a different airport than originally intended, which would be very inconvenient for us, especially since there was a large number of us travelling, but they WOULDN'T EVEN PAY THE DIFFERENCE (which was over £500). Or we could go a day later, but that would mean me kissing a GCSE, and another girl missing a pre-paid school trip to Isle of Wight, which was obviously impossible.
We had no choice but to cancel the whole holiday, since it wasn't only the flights booked with them.
To make matters worse, the holiday they forced us to cancel was for a party of 14, and they chucked us off the flight A MONTH before.
Even though we miraculously managed to find other holiday at such short notice and for such a large party, as I said that was almost a miracle, we could have been stuck with no holiday at all, and all we were offered as compensation was £5 per head!!
Also, since we managed to get another flight and another booking at the hotel, at a CHEAPER price, they obviously could have provided us with this in the first place, and stopped us cancelling completely, rather than losing thousands of pounds in custom because of their stubbornness.
The new holiday was actually with Thomas Cook! So it would have very, very easy for them to have helped us!

Trinity
13-01-2007, 18:55
Customer service is obviously not a priority for these companies!

A boycott by disaffected customers would surely change their attitude?

Abigail
13-01-2007, 19:36
Today I got an email from Ryanair cancelling flights I had booked with them to go to Austria in May. They are the only Airline who offered direct flights from the island of Ireland direct to Austria. I am now left with two options either to fly to Gatwick and then to Salzburg (abourt twice the price) or fly from dublin to Munich and drive 160 miles. Annoying or what. Best of it is that they have had my money for three months and its going to take them a fortnight to refund it. B******S:angry:

Where are you flying from and to (airport wise)?

alan45
13-01-2007, 20:28

Where are you flying from and to (airport wise)?Aer Lingus gets the vote Dublin to Munich

Abigail
14-01-2007, 00:21

Where are you flying from and to (airport wise)?Aer Lingus gets the vote Dublin to Munich

Have you complained? Be cheeky and ask for compensation for the inconvienience. Its not good customer service to send an email cancelling flights. :thumbsdow

alan45
14-01-2007, 07:33

Have you complained? Be cheeky and ask for compensation for the inconvienience. Its not good customer service to send an email cancelling flights. :thumbsdow
I think I will. After all it costs nowt to email them. Cheers

Jojo
14-01-2007, 12:11
I personally think, that seeing as we are getting so "Americanised" in our suing culture, maybe if we took the same lines with these airlines, they wouldn't do these kinds of things.

When I went to New York in November, it was a 3 day trip and we were delayed at the airport for 6 hours. We were offered a £3 meal voucher (the sarnies cost £3.50!) and were expected to be happy. In total we lost 10 hours from our entire trip.

The interesting one is going to be with this new tax thats been brought in, where some airlines have said that if people don't pay up, they will not be allowed to board the plane!!

Abigail
14-01-2007, 13:08
I personally think, that seeing as we are getting so "Americanised" in our suing culture, maybe if we took the same lines with these airlines, they wouldn't do these kinds of things.

When I went to New York in November, it was a 3 day trip and we were delayed at the airport for 6 hours. We were offered a £3 meal voucher (the sarnies cost £3.50!) and were expected to be happy. In total we lost 10 hours from our entire trip.

The interesting one is going to be with this new tax thats been brought in, where some airlines have said that if people don't pay up, they will not be allowed to board the plane!!

I don't know how airlines get away with charging extortionate prices for flights. BA and Virgin charge ridiculous prices for the same service another airline provides. I can understand long haul flights being expensive but short and medium haul prices are just a joke, unless you can find a budget flight that flys from your airport to the one you want to arrive at and in my experience thats rare. Why should we have to pay tax on top of the cost of the ticket, it should be included in it.

JustJodi
14-01-2007, 14:26
Hubby and I have been LUCKY so far with all of our air travel, we use UNITED ( but no more since they are charging extra for the 2 inch more leg room in the budget plus seats that hubby needs for his LONNG legs) Last year we took KLM, we were happy with the service ( maybe it is cause no one sat in the middle seats with us so we had 2 seats each LOL ) The only bad thing about KLM is they do not have individual screens behind the seats, there is one big screen in the aisle,so I spent alot of time sleeping ( yes I can sleep on the plane ):rolleyes:
We book thru travel agents, so this way if we get bumped or whatever they take care of the problem for us BEFORE we fly and give us a heads up in advance..
I feel bad for all of you who have had such HEADACHES with the airlines you mentioned.:mad:
Ryanair and those other NO FRILL airlines are really a pain in the proverbal butt !!!!!!!!!:angry: I have heard nothing but bad stuff about them .. they chucked off 20+ deaf people in the UK who were flying over to Amsterdam, just cause the staff felt they were a risk to the saftey of the other passengers !!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Abi
14-01-2007, 17:13
What annoys me about them, is the way they expect you to go onto their website, to confirm that your flight times haven't changed. Fair enough, when your flying out there, but its very annoying on the way back. How do they expect you to find a PC with Internet access in some of the countries they fly to?!

And their telephone numbers are premium rates, ringing from abroad.

Katy
14-01-2007, 19:31
ive been lucky and never really had any problems, but thats proably because my flying consists of BMIBaby to Knock or Dublin.

Abigail
14-01-2007, 22:39
What annoys me about them, is the way they expect you to go onto their website, to confirm that your flight times haven't changed. Fair enough, when your flying out there, but its very annoying on the way back. How do they expect you to find a PC with Internet access in some of the countries they fly to?!

A pc that is in english is always helpful but how do they expect customers to fathom out a pc in a foreign language? I'm sure there are plenty of internet cafes in Japan but I don't know anyone who can read japanese.

Ryanair and those other NO FRILL airlines are really a pain in the proverbal butt !!!!!!!!! I have heard nothing but bad stuff about them .. they chucked off 20+ deaf people in the UK who were flying over to Amsterdam, just cause the staff felt they were a risk to the saftey of the other passengers !!!!!!!!

I used to fly Hapag Lloyd Express from Newcastle to Hannover regulary. Flights were very cheap - I got an outward flight for £5 but then with airport taxes it rose to around £35! For a one hour journey! Plus, I had to get from East Yorkshire to Newcastle in the car which wasn't cheap cos Newcastle was the only airport flying direct to Hannover. Still worked out cheaper then flying from Robin Hood/Humberside/Leeds-Bradford though. Saying that though, it was excellent service and I only got delayed once. And lots of leg room too.

Thats awful throwing deaf people off a plane because of a "safety" risk. How exactly did they come to the conclusion that deaf people pose a safety risk to other passengers on a flight?

Abi
14-01-2007, 22:55

A pc that is in english is always helpful but how do they expect customers to fathom out a pc in a foreign language? I'm sure there are plenty of internet cafes in Japan but I don't know anyone who can read japanese.

I know!! And they expect you to get onto the UK Ryanair website to check your flights, but you can't get onto it in foreign countries. And i for one can't read any other language apart from German- and thats really going to help in France, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Where is the logic in that?

Abigail
14-01-2007, 23:20

I know!! And they expect you to get onto the UK Ryanair website to check your flights, but you can't get onto it in foreign countries. And i for one can't read any other language apart from German- and thats really going to help in France, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Where is the logic in that?

German is the only language I know properly. I know a bit of Italian but only hello etc and what little French I knew I can't remember.
And don't forget, Japanese keyboards don't have letters on so you really are screwed if you need to check your flights :rolleyes:
I really don't know where these companies get their ideas from sometimes :confused:

chance
16-01-2007, 22:42
We have tried easy jet and ryan air when we used to fly to spain and we didnt like them at all,the meals were crap and the seats uncomfortable etc but as its only a 2 and a half hour trip and cheap its not too bad.
Now we go to America we only fly with virgin as we have found them to b e the best!We wont go with anyone else now