PDA

View Full Version : Firefox

CrazyLea
06-01-2007, 16:19
I recently downloaded Firefox, as I've been told by a few people that it's better.... and well yes I have to agree...

However.. when I downloaded it first, it asked if I wanted to transfer all my 'Favourites' from Internet Explorer, over to Firefox as bookmarks.. well now they've all gone?? Anyone know how I can transfer them back??

Also, on shoutbox... after I've written something, if I click the shouty bit, it has a list of all I've said.. I don't want that.. any way to get rid of that??

That's all I can think of right now lol!
Thanks in advance..

Xx-Vicky-xX
06-01-2007, 19:42
I recently downloaded Firefox, as I've been told by a few people that it's better.... and well yes I have to agree...

However.. when I downloaded it first, it asked if I wanted to transfer all my 'Favourites' from Internet Explorer, over to Firefox as bookmarks.. well now they've all gone?? Anyone know how I can transfer them back??

Also, on shoutbox... after I've written something, if I click the shouty bit, it has a list of all I've said.. I don't want that.. any way to get rid of that??

That's all I can think of right now lol!
Thanks in advance..

Not sure about favourites but for the message saves go to tools - options - privacy and untic the 2nd box

Kim
06-01-2007, 21:04
Mine had a list of some previous shouts, not all of them; on Internet Explorer. I think it just does that sometimes, if you end up with the message that says 'posting in progress.'

CrazyLea
07-01-2007, 02:54
I've fixed the shoutbox ting... now it's just the bokmark thuign.

Jojo
07-01-2007, 10:45
File - Import

Then it gives you options of where to import your data from hun

:D

Abbie
08-01-2007, 16:35
Okay just a question and please dont think Im really dumb, but what is firefoz, it sounds interesting

Jojo
08-01-2007, 16:37
Its a browser Abbie - like internet explorer etc, only I find it far better than IE, quicker loading etc

Abbie
08-01-2007, 16:39
Ooo Cool thanks, I'll have to think about trying it.

Jojo
08-01-2007, 16:43
Its free download Abbie - I've downloaded it on both our laptops and on my sons pc too and have now themed them aswell, plus I've installed a couple of the extensions too :D

I'd highly recommend it.

Siobhan
08-01-2007, 16:44
Its free download Abbie - I've downloaded it on both our laptops and on my sons pc too and have now themed them aswell, plus I've installed a couple of the extensions too :D

I'd highly recommend it.

I have been using it for over a year now and haven't had any problems with it. MSIE 7 has stolen alot of its features

Abbie
08-01-2007, 16:44
Well it sounds great now I might have to download it later thought cos Im going out soon, Im looking forward to it though :)

Jojo
08-01-2007, 16:46
I have been using it for over a year now and haven't had any problems with it. MSIE 7 has stolen alot of its features

I still have to use IE when doing my online banking unfortunately and find it so slow, I tend to go on my banks site as little as possible lol

I've never had firefox have to close on me due to encountering errors, unlike IE

I have the doodle theme and love the colours of it - sad aren't it!! :rotfl: :D

Siobhan
08-01-2007, 16:49
No.. I can use Firefox with my bank.. I assumed all banks were supported. Mind you, I have a lot of applications at work that only use MS IE 6...

Jojo
08-01-2007, 16:51
Yeah - my bank says I have to use IE 6 and above which is highly annoying, although thats the bank for you and I'm in the process of transferring accounts, so hopefully that will get sorted with the other bank.

I had a Xmas theme installed over Xmas, had snow falling down my screen and all sorts - was great!

CrazyLea
08-01-2007, 17:14
I have the doodle theme and love the colours of it - sad aren't it!!

Excuse me... doodle theme? :p Explain pwease :)

Siobhan
08-01-2007, 17:28

Firefox comes with Skin/Theme (google and you will find them) so you can change how it looks

CrazyLea
08-01-2007, 17:29
Ohhh wow, didn't know that!! Will have to go look lol

CrazyLea
08-01-2007, 17:44
Question - I just tried downloading/installing a skin.. but then realised it was made for 1.0 then looked and saw I have 2.0 does this make a difference? Or should it download anyway?

Jojo
08-01-2007, 19:09
It should be ok - normally it says on the download page for the theme whether it will install ok or if there are any problems

Edit: This one is made for Firefox 1.0 and then if you follow the links through, it looks like they are working on a version for 2.0...

Abigail
14-01-2007, 01:18

Firefox comes with Skin/Theme (google and you will find them) so you can change how it looks

You can also go to tools > add ons > then click get themes in the bottom right corner. You might already know that though.

Another good thing about firefox is if your browser has to close for whatever reason (mine's only done it once), when you reload it, it asks if you want to restore your tabs back to where they were before it closed.
Whoever designed firefox deserves a medel.

CrazyLea
12-02-2007, 22:08
Lately, when I've bookmarked a page. It won't save the name.. Don't know if you get me, so I'll give an example..

Say, I'm on Google. I click "Bookmark this page". It gives me an option of where to save it. I click "Leannes", it also asks for a name.. so I write "Google". I then click okay. And the box thing is still there, only the name I've written, has deleted. So I click off it, and the bookmark is saved, but it's blank. :searchme: It's really anoying, cos I have to rename them all then, and I let them all bulkup (my problem, I know) So just had to rename like 5. Any ideas what's wrong?

Jojo
13-02-2007, 19:41
No idea sorry Lea - I've never had this problem with bookmarks on Firefox...very strange...

CrazyLea
27-02-2007, 15:10
I have a new question/problem (always something with me :rotfl:)..
I was fiddling about with the options last night, didn't think I'd changed anything, but I must have haha... On things like Google, Sbs... anything where you type something in (like a search..username.. etc. :p) It has loads saved, you know where it comes up as you type if it's the same letter.. am I making sense :lol:

Anywho.. how do I get it to stop doing this.. I know there's a way but I can't think how o_O

Siobhan
27-02-2007, 15:19
I have a new question/problem (always something with me :rotfl:)..
I was fiddling about with the options last night, didn't think I'd changed anything, but I must have haha... On things like Google, Sbs... anything where you type something in (like a search..username.. etc. :p) It has loads saved, you know where it comes up as you type if it's the same letter.. am I making sense :lol:

Anywho.. how do I get it to stop doing this.. I know there's a way but I can't think how o_O

Ok. here is what you do.. got to tools>>options>>privacy>>save form and un check box

[/URL][URL="http://imageshack.us"]http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1081/firefoxjp5.png (http://imageshack.us)

Abigail
27-02-2007, 22:54
When I sign into MSN and I get an email, if I click on the email alert thing it takes me to explorer not firefox. Can I change this to default to firefox? I already have my default browser as firefox.

Siobhan
22-03-2007, 12:02
Lea.. I asked my mate and he has your version. this is what he said to do.. if you need pics let me know:

1 - click the icon on your firefox search bar (upper right corner)
2- select "manage search engines"
3 - in the new window, uncheck the "display search tips" box

CrazyLea
22-03-2007, 16:34
Hey, thanks Siob... I'm stuck on point 1 though haha. Will I need to go back to the default theme lol?

Siobhan
22-03-2007, 16:47
Hey, thanks Siob... I'm stuck on point 1 though haha. Will I need to go back to the default theme lol?

Here is where I mean.. (in italian but dont mind that) click on the black arrow beside the G and select manage engine.. you will see where it goes from there
[/URL][URL="http://imageshack.us"]http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/5661/screen1el4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

CrazyLea
06-11-2008, 20:24
Anyone elses Firefox playing up? I've had to resort back to IE :crying:.
I keep clicking on it, and nothing's coming up what so ever? I've done it about 10 times now.. I thought at first maybe it was being slow, and that I'd get 10 windows randomly pop up.. but nothing. That was at least 20 mins ago now.