PDA

View Full Version : The London Eye

Hopes
04-01-2007, 17:30
Hi all, im not on here often, so i just wanted to say firstly i hope you all had a great xmas and new year. Anyway onto my question

Im planning on taking my family to the london eye sometime later this year, but i don't know how much it is to get on, and how long do you get on it? plus what days is it open (times too if anyone knows) and at what speed does it spin? some of my family are not to keen on things that go fast, well i know that it goes rather slow but how slow? Any info on any of the above would be great, thanks.

Luna
04-01-2007, 17:34
never been myself but you should find everything here - http://www.londoneye.com/

Behemoth
04-01-2007, 20:58
I've been on at quite a few years ago but it was fantastic! It goes very slowly, you barely realise it's moving. It takes about 1/2 hour for it to complete one cycle, if I remember correctly.

pookie1968uk
05-01-2007, 14:54
i have been on it a few years ago so im sure it is more expensive now. it was the school holidays at easter when i went and we didnt have to wait very long to get on it.
it is a great experience. they take photos f everyone as they go round, like on theme park rides, and you can buy one if you want. it is a nice souvenier to have.

samantha nixon
05-01-2007, 16:24
i went on it sometime last year and it was really good and it goes nice and slow but as your looking at things you dont feel like your on it that long, and if you pre book places then you dont have to wait as you get a set time given to you

Abi
05-01-2007, 16:30
I've been on it a few times, and its so slow that you really dont notice anything moving. I hate heights as well, so you'll be fine. The tickets aren't overly pricey for what you get, but the photos at the end can be, if you choose to buy them. I wouldn't bother getting the fast track tickets, and paying more, because the queue is never that long, when i've seen it. Otherwise, re-book on Last Minute.com or something. Have fun, if you go!