PDA

View Full Version : 'The O.C.' axed after four seasons

scizophonic
04-01-2007, 13:07
Found this on digital spy

'The O.C.' axed after four seasons
Thursday, January 4 2007, 02:44 GMT (21:44 ET)
By Neil Wilkes, Editor

Teen drama The O.C. will come to a close at the end of its current season, Fox confirmed late on Wednesday.

The announcement confirms long-running speculation over the future of the series, which has seen its audience dwindle from a peak of over 10 million viewers in 2003 to just 3 million in recent months.

Josh Schwartz, show creator and exec producer, confirmed in a statement that the upcoming fourth season finale would also be the series finale. "This feels like the best time to bring the show to its close," he said. "Thanks to the hard work of our cast, crew and writers, we have enjoyed our best season yet, and what better time to go out than creatively on top."

He added: "It has been an amazing experience and a great run. For a certain audience, at a certain time, The O.C. has meant something. For that we are grateful."

Fox will air the remaining eight episodes every Thursday beginning today (January 4), with the series finale planned for February 22.

Season four begins on E4 in the UK next Tuesday (January 9) at 9pm.

However according to wikipedia (so don't know how reliable the info is!!) the CW network have picked up the oc and will be making a fifth series!

*-Rooney-*
04-01-2007, 14:29
theres only 8 episodes in aseason? every other season has 27 in it

Em
04-01-2007, 15:00
theres only 8 episodes in aseason? every other season has 27 in it

the Oc only had a pick up of 16 episodes, and there are 8 left to air in America :D

*-Rooney-*
04-01-2007, 19:18
oh right thanks, shame i liked the oc

tasha_hopkins
04-01-2007, 20:21
i love the OC so much i nearly cried when i heard (thats right im obsessed) hopefully another channel will pick the show up. it doesn't deserve to end yet!!!:crying:

Jojo
04-01-2007, 22:24
Found this on BBC News aswell, which appears to confirm when the final episodes will air:

Teenage drama The OC, which starred starring Mischa Barton has been pulled by US television network Fox, after ratings slumped to an all-time low.

The first season began in 2003 and drew in audiences of nearly 10 million.

The shows popularity began a steady decline though, and in November ratings dropped to just 4 million.

Series creator Josh Schwartz said the finale "will deliver real closure to the series". The final episode is due to be aired in the UK in February.

Boost ratings

"It will be fun and emotional and, I think, really satisfying. It is the finale we always planned to do," Schwartz added.

In the past show bosses had tried to boost ratings by introducing high drama to the series, set in Orange County, California.

Audience figures failed to increase too during the last season when Ryan (Benjamin McKenzie) confronted the death of his one-time girlfriend and the man who caused it.

Fox ordered 16 episodes for the 2006-07 season and all will have aired when the series concludes in February.

Despite the short-lived popularity of the show, the actors who played the four main characters, Ryan (McKenzie), Seth (Adam Brody) Marissa (Barton) and Summer (Rachel Bilson) have all become regulars in newspaper and magazine gossip columns.

Amber
08-01-2007, 16:53
It's a shame that the OC has been axed but I do admit that I lost interest in the last series and i haven't watched any of the current series. I think the OC has had it's time. It was great in the first two seasons, but I think the plots just got worse as it went on.

N+icole
12-05-2008, 21:49
Was about time really, 4th series didn't interest me that much. Needed to be axed before I started to hate it.

*-Rooney-*
13-05-2008, 12:52
yeah after marissa died the show kind of died with her IMO.

I didnt get to hate it but im glad it ended when it did