PDA

View Full Version : Print screen on laptops

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-01-2007, 10:07
Does anyone have a problem with the print screen button not working on their laptop?

On mine it doesn't have a single button for print screen its joint with another button and i cant get it to work at all, any ideas?

Siobhan
04-01-2007, 10:10
Vicky, is it a different colour on the shared button? if yes there should be an alt button of the same colour that you press with that key.. Or you could try Alt or Ctrl or Shift with the same button to see if it works

Tori
04-01-2007, 10:54
you might have to use it in conjunction to with the function button, quite a lot of stuff on mine needs the function button to work.

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-01-2007, 11:12
Vicky, is it a different colour on the shared button? if yes there should be an alt button of the same colour that you press with that key.. Or you could try Alt or Ctrl or Shift with the same button to see if it works

I will try to explain it best i can without seeing it

Along the top there are about five buttons which are all shared buttons just like print screen is, the top half of it is normal but the bottom half where print screen is written is highlighted black and its the underneath that doesnt work, ive tried holding shift then doing it but it doesnt help

Siobhan
04-01-2007, 11:14
Try with Alt or Ctrl or see if there is a function key..

Kim
04-01-2007, 12:46
The print screen key is on the same key as the insert, but they don't do screenshots.

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-01-2007, 13:22
The print screen key is on the same key as the insert, but they don't do screenshots.

Yeah i think thats what button it is shared with and it doesn't work and i use the screen shots loads for when im making banners and stuff, its really annoying not being able to use it

Abbie
04-01-2007, 15:56
you might have to use it in conjunction to with the function button, quite a lot of stuff on mine needs the function button to work.

Same on mine as you press that button which alos has a different colour font on it and with all the other button that are doubled up it has the normal font colour and then the seocnd icon or number has the matching font for the function button.

Xx-Vicky-xX
05-01-2007, 09:38
Try with Alt or Ctrl or see if there is a function key..

Found the function key and it worked :D thanks guys :D :cheer: