PDA

View Full Version : first time aunt

*-Rooney-*
03-01-2007, 13:41
im away to be a first time aunt in april, my brothers girlfriend is having a little girl and im scared that i wont get to be part of her life.
Its a well known fact that the baby always tends to be at the mum's family's house rather than the dad's and i dont want my mum/dad to miss out on anything either.

its not just that i cant seem to have children myself ,im 25 nearly and hes the only way for grandchildren or any children in this house. THE NEXT GENERATION

Siobhan
03-01-2007, 14:07
I don't think you or your parents will miss out.. I split with my daughters dad and his parents get to see her more than my parents do... Naturally cause your brothers girlfriend is at home with her parents, they will see more of the baby but that doesn't mean you will lose out on this

*-Rooney-*
03-01-2007, 14:09
no but there getting a flat together before the baby is born so guarantee his lass always takes her to her mums if she ever needs a babysitter or just pops around

Siobhan
03-01-2007, 14:19
no but there getting a flat together before the baby is born so guarantee his lass always takes her to her mums if she ever needs a babysitter or just pops around

You can always offer to babysit for her and then you get to spend lots of time with the baby :)

*-Rooney-*
03-01-2007, 14:22
my mums already told me not to get in their way im 25 and every friend i have has children that i have babysat for i could probably help her but ive been told to stay out of the way.
my mum doesnt understand that their getting the one thing that ive wanted since i was 18 but all ive got was 3 mis carriages instead

Debs
03-01-2007, 15:39
So sorry to hear about your miscarriages hun.

My sis recently had her baby ( last week in fact) she already has a 2 year old. They have a large family and mainly spend time at her hubbies house, She has to share her time between his mum and family, her mum and then my dad and us! We DO get to see jack a lot and now we will alos see alex a lot. I used to look after Jack so have a great Bond with him . Best thing to do is to offer your help, all you can do is offer she wil take you up on it eventually, Just make sure you visit as better to visit thatn to kepe away and make her think you dont want to and dont care!

As for your mum telling you to keep away, you do what YOU want to do your sis in law will appreciate your help!Better to offer than not to at all

Katy
03-01-2007, 15:41
you will be able to help, there will be a time when they need you not just the other families house. Especially as the baby gets older.

*-Rooney-*
03-01-2007, 15:46

My sis recently had her baby ( last week in fact) she already has a 2 year old. They have a large family and mainly spend time at her hubbies house, She has to share her time between his mum and family, her mum and then my dad and us! We DO get to see jack a lot and now we will alos see alex a lot. I used to look after Jack so have a great Bond with him . Best thing to do is to offer your help, all you can do is offer she wil take you up on it eventually, Just make sure you visit as better to visit thatn to kepe away and make her think you dont want to and dont care!

As for your mum telling you to keep away, you do what YOU want to do your sis in law will appreciate your help!Better to offer than not to at all

hes been with her for 3 1/2 years and i dont even know her he never comes in the living room for even a minute before going upstairs he just brings her straight in past the living room up to his room i know nothing about her, so visiting her would be awkward

Debs
03-01-2007, 16:40

hes been with her for 3 1/2 years and i dont even know her he never comes in the living room for even a minute before going upstairs he just brings her straight in past the living room up to his room i know nothing about her, so visiting her would be awkward

Youd be surprised how having a baby changes people hun, i see my sis a lot more now!

pookie1968uk
03-01-2007, 19:58
when you have a baby most people welcome all the help they can get so im sure if you offer to help and babysit she will be only too glad to take you up on your offer.