PDA

View Full Version : Dancing on Ice - General Discussion

LostVoodoo
30-12-2006, 16:46
taken from BBC news website

ITV reveals Dancing On Ice stars

The 11 contestants will compete for public votes

Ulrika Jonsson and former Boyzone singer Stephen Gately are among the stars competing in the second series of ITV1's reality series Dancing on Ice.
They join nine other celebrities performing complex ice skating routines under the watchful eyes of former Olympic champions Torvill and Dean.

Other contestants include DJ Neil Fox, and Emmerdale actress Emily Symons.

Former Steps singer Lisa Scott-Lee has vowed to continue in the show, despite breaking a rib during training.

She will be joined by former Manchester United footballer Lee Sharpe, Sky News presenter Kay Burley and actress Clare Buckfield from the BBC sitcom 2 Point 4 Children.

England rugby star Kieran Bracken, newsreader Phil Gayle and former Blue singer Duncan James are also taking part.

As in the BBC One hit, Strictly Come Dancing, each celebrity is coached by a professional and must compete for viewers' votes each week to remain in the competition.

Dancing on Ice was one of ITV1's biggest hits last year, pulling in 11.6m viewers for the final, when former Coronation Street actress Gaynor Faye was crowned champion.

The stars will don their glittering costumes and skating blades for the first programme on 13 January.

sounds like quite a selection. only one i'd rather not be there is Ulrika.

Abbie
30-12-2006, 17:39
Very interesting, looks good. I loved it last year so hopefully it will be as good or better this year.

Katy
30-12-2006, 17:41
i loved this show last year. Im suprised at Lisa Scott Lee will continue, rib injurys are very painful. the only one im not keen on is LEe Sharpe i hate the dude. Not just as he was a red, but thats hes so blah. Stephen Gatley should be interesting.

Footie_Chick
30-12-2006, 18:37
Ahhh wow, i loved this last year, can't wait for it to be back on.

Jessie Wallace
30-12-2006, 18:40
I've been trying to get hold of tickets for this for ages, but no luck as of yet :crying:

Chloe O'brien
30-12-2006, 20:04
I read a while ago that Gabby Logan was supposed to be appearing on it as she was originally hoping to do SCD but the boses at ITV said she couldn't do both so she pulled out of doing SCD. But maybe with her not working for ITV anymore she has changed her mind.

Katy
31-12-2006, 10:54
yeah she has switched to the beeb so i doubt they will allow her to do it in her contract. They wont want her on the rival channel.

x Amby x
01-01-2007, 15:14
Ooo it looks good this year! I think ill be backing Duncan James! Woo! lol

Layne
01-01-2007, 17:41
I used to love Steps and Lisa was my favourite :p Good on her for carrying on even though she croke a rib - ouch!

babyblue
07-01-2007, 15:41
I don't like Emily Symons much, I hope someone throws her into the rafters and she stays up there. Apart from steven gately, kieran bracken and phil gayle I don't really find that line up so likeable.

Bad Wolf
07-01-2007, 15:44
does anyone else think they are all no=marks -

reality tv is getting so dull now - every celebriy has done it so they have to really scrape the barrell

Katy
07-01-2007, 15:54
I notice alot do the rounds as well, they appear on everything, if they were a celebrity i feel they shouldnt have time to appear on all these shows.

Bad Wolf
07-01-2007, 15:55
such as brandon cole - not the celebrity he thinks he is

im sure next series of SCD - he will be a "celebrity" not a expert

Katy
07-01-2007, 15:58
lol, Im surprised he hasnt appeared on Ice Dancing, we have had Love Island SCD, Two of us, all he needs is Big Brother, and Im a celeb and he would have completed all the realty TV going.

Bad Wolf
07-01-2007, 16:01
its annoying!!!!

i really want emaily symonds to win, i feel itv- go to their big programms and get somone to compete - it doesnt seem like she is doing it for personal gain as she is a established character in a on going soap - her career doesnt need a boost

Katy
07-01-2007, 16:12
I agree the rest our nobodies really they havent done anything since there boy band split up. The rest have had there time. Its like Lee Sharpe this is definatly a career boost for him, the same reason why he did love Island.

Bad Wolf
07-01-2007, 16:19
for some it is their career though
like lee sharpe

Footie_Chick
17-01-2007, 14:13
Emmerdale star Emily Symons is to compete in TV show Dancing On Ice despite breaking a rib.

The actress suffered the agonising injury in training two days before Christmas.

Her dance partner squeezed her so hard during a lift that one of her ribs cracked.

The injury takes up to eight weeks to heal - but Symons is determined to dance through the pain on Saturday night.

"I broke my rib on the last day of training before Christmas. I came off the ice thinking 'that really hurts' and

the next day I couldn't walk or breathe very well," she said.
"I had to ring the physio and say 'we have a problem'. I'm taking painkillers. It should take six to eight weeks to recover but I told the physio I needed to be sorted in two."

And Symons is not the only one who will be dancing through gritted teeth.

Every one of the 11 celebrities on the ITV1 show has suffered injuries.

The other women - actress Clare Buckfield, Sky News presenter Kay Burley, TV presenter Ulrika Jonsson and former Steps singer Lisa Scott-Lee - all have bruised ribs.

Burley explained: "It's not through falling on the ice, it's through being lifted by your partner. The pain is a bit like having a hot brick shoved between your ribs and your lungs. My remedy is painkillers and anti-inflammatories and wine when I can get it! Manipulation and acupuncture is what they recommend, but my plan works just as well."

Jojo
21-01-2007, 12:42
I watched last night and enjoyed it - I thought it was going to be Foxy to go though. And I know that Emily had a cracked rib, but like one of the judges said, it would have been nice to see her skating more, rather than being held in lifts for most of it.

Katy
21-01-2007, 15:56
i missed it as i was at the match, this looked far more entertaining though.

I cant believe she carried through the rib, i did mine in, and couldnt move bacause of the pain. You do find that the early rounds the skating isnt as good. It gets much better towards the end.

LostVoodoo
21-01-2007, 22:23
Claire Buckfield was really good my money's on her!

Footie_Chick
22-01-2007, 12:49
Yeah she was, i totally agree, Duncan was on GMTV the other morning and he said she was good and that was the one they had to watch. They all did well considering it was the first night.

Siobhan
22-01-2007, 12:54
I was surprised at Ulricka, she did really well and I reckon she is another one to watch

Jessie Wallace
22-01-2007, 12:56
Claire was amazing, made it look really effortless. Emily made me laugh in the outfit, but she really looked in pain at some points. They all seem to have some kind of injury this time round too.

Chloe O'brien
22-01-2007, 12:56
Claire, Duncan and Kyeran look comfortable on the ice at the moment so I'm expecting them to do well. I'm not keen on Ulrika mainly because of the comments she made about Kay's training which I don't really understand how she was allowed to comment about another contestant and the other weren't

Jessie Wallace
22-01-2007, 12:58
I was surprised at Ulricka, she did really well and I reckon she is another one to watch

Yeh she was surprise too actually, i didn't think she'd do as well as she did

Pixie
22-01-2007, 13:59
I think Claire was definetly the best. Being a skater myself I really like it when the "celebs" show ability in actual skating. It annoys when they get praised so much for the lifts when the hardest bit is the skating they have to do on their own.

Jessie Wallace
22-01-2007, 14:13
It annoys when they get praised so much for the lifts when the hardest bit is the skating they have to do on their own.

I think some of the lift's are really hard too, i don't like it when it's all lift's but i do think they are good, coz i would imagine they are not easy to do, to get composier, keep yourself in the right postition to make it look right etc

Layne
28-01-2007, 18:00
Lisa is wicked. I loooove her. Lisa to win! :cheer:

Jessie Wallace
28-01-2007, 18:05
Lisa is wicked. I loooove her. Lisa to win! :cheer:

I think she'll do well, last 5ish, but i don't think she'll win it, unless she pull's something amazing out the bag

Siobhan
29-01-2007, 11:25
I missed the skate off.. who was kicked out this week???

This is my daughters new program.. replace Cirque de Celebrite and she now wants to be a figure skater.. I watch this with her and I am enjoying it more than I thought I would

I like Ulrika and Aryan!! they are pretty good

Chloe O'brien
29-01-2007, 12:21
Phil Gayle was kicked off. He was in the skate off with Ulrika as she stumbled on the ice. Claire and Kyran are the two strongest contenstands this year who I think wil be in the final

pookie1968uk
10-02-2007, 14:51
so who do you think will be voted off tonight. i think it might be stephen gately. i do like him but he is probably the worst of the skaters left now. i dont really like kay very much but i must admit she has improved a lot. especially last week. i am glad ulrika has gone too!

Footie_Chick
10-02-2007, 15:50
I think Stephen could be like Stefan from last year in the way that he will keep going through but saying that everyones a lot better than last years contestants. I think Kay should go tonight and i think they should bring Gaynor back on the ice from last year to see if she's still good.

Chloe O'brien
10-02-2007, 23:53
Stephen went tonight, which I wasn't too surprised about I thought it would have been him or Kay. but I will say in his defence that he has done well in the competition although I feel as if he has had an unfair advantage with his height and weight, that makes him almost identical in size to Kristina. The other guys in the comp whether they are celebrities or not all tower above the girls so they have the strength to lift and swing the girls around but Stephen did not.

Katy
11-02-2007, 12:49
About time, Stephen was awful for the past few weeks i dont know how he has managed to stay in till now.

I like Bracken, and Claire Buckfield there both really good.

Abbie
11-02-2007, 16:59
Im gald we went, cos it annoys me when better people go and I didnt wnat that to happen again

Footie_Chick
11-02-2007, 18:23
It doesn't always matter that Stephen was smaller than the other celebrities as Stefan Booth who was with Kristina last year had the exact same problem of being the same some of height as each other and he managed to come
2nd in the series.

no1abbafan
12-02-2007, 10:27
I think Clare is in danger of going the same way as Bonnie last year - all the lifts but little else, Robin Cousins pointed it out to them, so we will see what they come up with next week. Sorry to see Stephen go, but he was the worst (mind you they are all so good this year). Really like the girl from Emmerdale, she has improved so much and Lee Sharpe is quite good too. Can't pick a winner yet.

Siobhan
12-02-2007, 10:57
I am really liken Kyran, not sure about Claire.. too much going into the routine and she is not enjoying it... Emily is getting better and better

Abbie
12-02-2007, 12:21
I think Clare is in danger of going the same way as Bonnie last year - all the lifts but little else, Robin Cousins pointed it out to them, so we will see what they come up with next week.
I was thinking that cos once they have goten really high marks for all the really impressive lifts they seem to just do the same each week, but hopefully they will change and personally if they want to win I think they will have to

pookie1968uk
13-02-2007, 11:48
i think it was expected that stephen would go next.
i was thinking the same about clare too. she may be impressive but its beginning to get boring and a little predictable. i wouldnt like to think she was going to win it.

Jessie Wallace
13-02-2007, 12:26
What, how can you say she's boring, she a brilliant skater, she does lift's and spins she can do all the skating and on her own. I love watching her skate, makes me want to go and try.

Abbie
17-02-2007, 22:31
I think it was obvious that Kay was going to go, but she did very well and was so brave after all those falls.

Chloe O'brien
17-02-2007, 23:10
I think the judges were a bit harsh on Claire tonight, with Jason saying that she should have put more emotion into the routine. I think she was very brave holding it together when they were dancing as she said it was her nan's favourite song, maybe she died recently and that's why she was upset on the video. It was the right decision to send Kay home tonight as the competition is getting harder, the next couple of weeks are going to be tough on the celebrities as we seen with Emily tonight they only have to make one small mistake and they could be for the chop.

Footie_Chick
18-02-2007, 10:05
Yeah for sure, i think the right people are still left in though as sometimes there not. I think anyone at present has a chance at winning as long as they keep their cool and try not to make any mistakes.

Katy
18-02-2007, 12:05
i thought Kay would go, she has been really good, especially with all the injuries and everything. I thought the Kyron Bracken is amazing, that rouitine was so good all the jumps and everything.

I thought it wasa bit harsh that Emily was so far down the board, she did really well apart from that fall.

Abi
18-02-2007, 15:30
I thought Kay would go, because shes been weaker than everyone else for a few weeks now. She was brave for giving it a go after all of the injuried shes had, though.

Take That next week should be good!

pookie1968uk
18-02-2007, 19:23
i thought Kay would go, she has been really good, especially with all the injuries and everything. I thought the Kyron Bracken is amazing, that rouitine was so good all the jumps and everything.

I thought it wasa bit harsh that Emily was so far down the board, she did really well apart from that fall.

i thought emily did really well but i suppose the judges have to mark the contestants down for falls or trips as they have done an inperfect routine.
i really dont know who i would like to win, as they are all really good. i like, lisa and kyron the best though.

Siobhan
19-02-2007, 10:15
Emily did really good on Saturday and I was very disappointed with Clare's performance.. Loved Kyran's.. he is getting better and better every week.. I would love for him to win

Layne
19-02-2007, 11:30
I still love Lisa. Well done to Kay for going and getting on with it despite everything, but it was her time to go.

Jessie Wallace
19-02-2007, 11:30
As good as Kryan is getting i hope he doesn't win, just coz i'm sick of sport's people winning these type of things all the time, i would like to see any of the girls win, Emily Claire or Lisa.
I was also disapointed with Claires dance, it jkust wasn't her, but i can see why what with that song, and that she was told to tone it down, but then when she did that saw told it was too boring.
Shame abotu Emily slip, coz i loved her dance and thing she would have gotfab marks otherwise.
And Lisa did brilliantly, shame she didn't get a better mark.

Katy
19-02-2007, 12:06
I really want Kyron to win, it shows how determined some of these sports people actually are. As for Lee Sharpe i cant stand the man, his attitude the other day showed why he never really made it as a footballer, with the talent he had he should have been the next Ryan Giggs, but he wasnt.

Who won this last year as i really cannot rememeber?

Jessie Wallace
19-02-2007, 12:07
Gaynor Faye with the georgous Daniel Wiston :wub:

Katy
19-02-2007, 12:08
oh yeah of course it was, i really hd a mental blank. I kept thinking bonnie Langford but then i realised it wasnt and then David Seaman as there the only contestants i remember.

Jessie Wallace
19-02-2007, 12:11
Gaynor won it with Stefan Boothe coming second. And Stefan was on Saturdays show saying that he is going to be on the tour, i might have to get me to that :D

pookie1968uk
25-02-2007, 17:30
thought it was a bit harsh that lisa went. she didnt have her best night but has been consistantly good. thought the judges would pick her to stay over duncan, but there you go!

Layne
25-02-2007, 18:26
Lisa shouldn't of gone, and it annoyed me what the judges said about her not skating enough - she did, she did plenty of skating, but if she hadn't of done any lifts the judges would of moaned :rolleyes:

Abbie
25-02-2007, 18:27
I dont think Lisa should of gone last night, I think she still had loads to offer and I liked emily as well but to be fair I was ecpecting her to be in the skate off.

Footie_Chick
25-02-2007, 18:39
It was so hard this week to pick due to everyone being so good and i originally said i wouldn't mind any of these in the final. Did think Emily was the worse skater last night , but working with Daniel how could anyone get rid of her lol!!!!
Lisa seemed generally upset last night, it was sad to see her go.

Siobhan
26-02-2007, 11:41
I am surprised Lisa did go thought it would have been emily but she obviously has a big public vote behind her.. Kyran as usual gave a fab performance and he loves doing this...you can see he really enjoys himself

Chloe O'brien
26-02-2007, 12:42
I was shocked that Lisa went on Saturday. I was expecting Emily to go because she has stumbled on the ice the last two weeks, and at this stage in the competition the celebrities can't afford to make any mistakes. I think Emily herself was shocked that she wasn't in the skate off.

pookie1968uk
26-02-2007, 16:34
the soap stars usually end up staying in because they are popular with soap fans. at the end of the day lisa is better than both emily and duncan but probably not as popular.

Siobhan
26-02-2007, 16:41
the soap stars usually end up staying in because they are popular with soap fans. at the end of the day lisa is better than both emily and duncan but probably not as popular.

have to agree but having said that I am not a big Clare fan.. she is a good skater but she seems to.. I don't know.. if you look at kyran, he is just loving what he is doing where Clare seems to want to always get it right and not put much heart into it or enjoyment.... that is why I prefer Emily to Clare.. Emily is doing it for fun

pookie1968uk
26-02-2007, 20:02
yes i would definitely go for emily before clare. it is exactly right what you are saying about clare, there is just something about the way she is taking herself far too seriously and emily looks like she is really enjoying it.

Katy
26-02-2007, 20:19
I agree i think Claire peaked too early, big mistake. Im still loving Kyron Bracken. think hes absolutly brilliant. surpised at Lisa, didnt see it on saturday as i was out but shes looked quite good in recent weeks.

Rain_
04-03-2007, 08:56
:searchme: I can't believe Emily was saved AGAIN!!

Footie_Chick
04-03-2007, 09:25
Lol, i actually quite like Emily, or should i say Daniel, or maybe i'm best saying i like them as a team. Glad Lee went never really liked him, he's just a typical cockey lad.

Katy
04-03-2007, 10:40
I have never like Lee Sharpe so glad he went. I reckon Emily was only saved due to the amount ofstick she got for that hat. There was no contest between Clare and Lee, Lee was the worst.

Bracken was a brilliant as ever.

Abbie
04-03-2007, 12:22
Emily was better tonight, However she should of went, she should of went weeks ago, I mean when they said they could of done more with the hat I wasnt too sure but I suppose they could have thrown it and stuff

Rain_
04-03-2007, 16:31
It makes my blood boil because i know Daniel and i know what he's capable of, if they had partnered him with Lisa they would have ruled this competition

Jessie Wallace
04-03-2007, 17:53
Thats just nuts, they didn't know what the others were going to dance like before they were partnered. I think Daniel and Emily are good together, he was definatly the right person for her, to support and encourage her.

Abi
04-03-2007, 17:59
He supports her too much now though. Her lifts are amazing, but her skating on her own is a bit rubbish. I love Kieren, he's got to win this. I liked Lee too, i think it should have been them 2 in the final. As it is, maybe Claire and Kieren in the final?

I think Emily should have gone last week. Yep, she was good this week, but no where near as good as the others. Even Duncan is better than her. But good on her for giving it a go, but its her individual skating that lets her down. She just looks ackward.

Jessie Wallace
04-03-2007, 18:09
Clare, Duncan and Kieran should be in the final out of the 4 who are left.

Chloe O'brien
04-03-2007, 22:26
how Emily has avoided the skate of for the past two weeks is beyond me. I know she is popular with the public and I like her bright and bubbly personality but Lisa and Lee have been better skaters and they have been voted. Claire and Lee should never have been in the skate off. Claire was there because she had a stumble on the ice but Emily stumbled two weeks on the go. She has to go next week it would not be fair if Claire or Kyran was denied a place in the final.

Siobhan
05-03-2007, 10:06
He supports her too much now though. Her lifts are amazing, but her skating on her own is a bit rubbish. I love Kieren, he's got to win this. I liked Lee too, i think it should have been them 2 in the final. As it is, maybe Claire and Kieren in the final?

It has to be Kyran and Lee in the final, purely cause Kyran is fantastic and is a joy to watch and Lee has come such a long long way from the start. Emily hasn't improved much and for me Clare is just too, I don't know, cocky or something!!! I dont' like her as a person to want her to win, there is no joy from her the way it comes from Kyran and Lee!!!

Jojo
05-03-2007, 10:19
Lee went at the weekend though Shiv, so its between Emily, Kyran and Claire now isn't it? I want Kyran to win personally. Puts a lot of fun into it aswell as being a great skater - they've all come on a long way, although Claire was competent at the start. Emily, I don't think she should win out of her and Kyran as Kyran is far better IMO

Siobhan
05-03-2007, 10:40
So he did.. I was thinking Duncan went doh!! that was last week.. Ok. but it has to be Kyran to win

Jessie Wallace
05-03-2007, 13:52
Don't they have 3 in the final tho, as next week is the semi final makes the week after the final which means 3 couples left!!

Jojo
05-03-2007, 14:27
Duncan is still left - bless him. I forgot about him (just like I did when Blue decided they were no more :rotfl: )

He obviously has a huge effect on me :rotfl:

So semi is:

Duncan, Emily, Claire and Kyran (and their respective partners)

Chloe O'brien
08-03-2007, 11:11
TV presenter Andi Peters has suffered a broken ankle during a training session for ITV show Dancing On Ice.

The 36-year-old, who hosts spin-off programme Dancing On Ice Exclusive, was practising a routine with ice skater Kristina Lenko for next week's edition.
The former Children's BBC star, who was a contestant on the show's first run, will be on crutches for six weeks.
An ITV spokesman said Saturday's show is expected to go ahead, despite the suspension of premium rate phone lines.
He declined to comment if any contingency plans have drawn up in the event that the suspension remains in place.
'Proper injury'
Dancing On Ice relies on viewers' calls to a premium rate phone line to determine which celebrity is ousted from the weekly competition.
Peters, who was taken to hospital by ambulance after his injury, said: "I didn't think anything was broken until I looked down and saw just how big my ankle has swollen up.
"It was as if I had snapped a pencil in half. The last time I fell over on Dancing On Ice I only had a bruised bum. This time it's a proper injury," he added. The TV presenter was voted off the show in the second round when he appeared as a contestant last year.

Jessie Wallace
17-03-2007, 19:26
Wooo go Clare, shame the judges scores don't account tonight, 8 6.0 and 2 5.5 in two dances thats the best score like ever.
Kiaran did well with his wires dance considering he such a big lad.

Abi
17-03-2007, 21:36
Really pleased Kyran won! :D

He was great!

Chloe O'brien
17-03-2007, 23:17
Well done to Kyran and Melanie a brilliant final with the best skaters in the final. Bad luck to Claire and Andre and to Duncan and Maria.

Siobhan
20-03-2007, 12:29
I was so happy Kyran won.. he was the best skater and deserved it totally..

Luna
20-03-2007, 12:38
i might actually try and get tickets to the show now

Jessie Wallace
20-03-2007, 19:23
I've tried, and the only day i can do so sold out, by the time i'd been to work and asked to friends if they wanted to come with me, so i tried for just 1 ticket for me and it had sold out too!! :crying: