PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve

Abigail
29-12-2006, 21:56
What are you all doing for new year's eve?
I'm going out with my sister, her bf, my uncle and their mates. It should be a good night. It's my first new year's eve going out thing (I'm 17)
Went shopping today and got a new denim mini and a satin top to go with my boots.

CrazyLea
29-12-2006, 21:59
I will be going to the pub!! With 2 mates, and my parents are gunna be there :rotfl: But that way I won't have to buy drinks. Especially as it's my 18th :D And I got a cake :lol:

Jojo
29-12-2006, 22:05
I'm doing the usual of staying at home with a glass of wine or 3 :D

Chloe O'brien
29-12-2006, 22:07
I will be going to the pub!! With 2 mates, and my parents are gunna be there :rotfl: But that way I won't have to buy drinks. Especially as it's my 18th :D And I got a cake :lol:

oh she is so rubbing it in that she is 18 on Sunday. Just incase no one on Soapboards new of course :rotfl:

Well I will be on here and on MSN as I will be in the house on New years eve. Too dam cold to go wondering the streets.

CrazyLea
29-12-2006, 22:16
:rotfl: Of course Kath!! Got to make sure everyone knows.. even if that means telling them a couple hundred times :lol:
And I'm excited :p

DaVeyWaVey
29-12-2006, 22:56
Well i was gonna dress up as a woman for a fancy dress party but that's gone out of the window no as the fancy dress part got cancelled so now i am going as myself. :)

Chloe O'brien
29-12-2006, 22:58
:rotfl: oh Liar liar pants on fire. You just dont want us to know about it. You little rascal

Kim
29-12-2006, 23:14
We're having the usual party with my Dad's mates, but this year it will be at our house. I have to clean out my room though, incase the kids want to use the PS2, because that's the only PS2 in the house. So much for being able to drink more as I don't have to walk anywhere lol.

alan45
30-12-2006, 00:17
7 course meal in our local pub formal

Chloe O'brien
30-12-2006, 00:22
now Alan don't let me down the Irish know how to party. Have a wee dram or guiness just for me

.:SpIcYsPy:.
30-12-2006, 00:37
Going to my aunt's.. Loads of my other aunts & uncles will be there.. along with 10 other lil kids.. My fav. cousins are not coming.. :( I really want to give it a miss as it's going to be mad with 10 little tired kids running around till 1/2 in the morning :lol:

Katy
30-12-2006, 10:58
having a pyjama party at the sailing club. Should be a laugh, my mates just bought twister.

Happy Birthadya Lea for new years eve, finally legal to drink.

Abbie
30-12-2006, 13:16
Well i really want to do something but its very hard and I havent got left to organise it with my friends.

Cornishbabe
30-12-2006, 14:25
I dont know what im doing yet. my friends dont seem to be able to make their minds up

Abbie
30-12-2006, 14:26
I dont know what im doing yet. my friends dont seem to be able to make their minds up

Well at least your friends are free mind are either on hoilday have family round or are working.

Katy
30-12-2006, 18:11
cant get too drunk though. Its news years day the next day which means Football day. Theres nothing worse than being hammered at a match. I was a bit worse for wear last year. I want to be able to remember the lovely blue boys take on the blue scousers.

Abbie
31-12-2006, 13:26
OK!!!! Ive got it sorted some friends are coming round mine, its not the best solution but the only one we have.

pinkles14
31-12-2006, 17:59
staying in haveing a drink or 2 see the new year in then bed time :)

Luna
31-12-2006, 18:51
well i was going to george square....but its been cancelled now :crying:

Tannie
31-12-2006, 19:34

They Have Cancelled It Then? We Wernt Sure If They Were.

Luna
31-12-2006, 19:36

They Have Cancelled It Then? We Wernt Sure If They Were.

yup -

Glasgow's Hogmanay celebrations in the city's George Square and Stirling's New Year event have been cancelled.
Glasgow organisers said they had been monitoring wind speeds in the square and gusts were reaching up to 70mph.

A spokesman for Glasgow City Council said barriers were being blown over and this meant they could not ensure public safety.

It is the first time Glasgow has cancelled its outdoor New Year party, which was to due to include fireworks.

About 25,000 revellers were expected to see in the New Year at the event, which was to feature The Fratellis, Sandi Thom and The View.

However, party-goers have been urged to stay away.

'Severe gales'

A council spokesman said: "Due to the extreme weather conditions we regret to announce that Glasgow's Hogmanay has been cancelled.

"Our priority is public safety and while every effort was made to ensure the event could go ahead, a multi-agency decision was made after conditions deteriorated.

"The council will put in place arrangements for full refunds for ticket holders."

The band Deacon Blue was to headline Stirling's Hogmanay celebrations, which were to be set against the backdrop of Stirling Castle.

The Met Office issued a flash warning of severe gales up to 60mph to 70mph, and possibly reaching 80mph towards Galloway, Mull and Kintyre.

Tannie
31-12-2006, 19:39
Do You Know If They've Cancelled Edinburghs Celebrations? I'm Not Going To It Just Wondering?

Luna
31-12-2006, 19:41
Do You Know If They've Cancelled Edinburghs Celebrations? I'm Not Going To It Just Wondering?

not yet but i think it will be the winds are really bad

Tannie
31-12-2006, 19:49

not yet but i think it will be the winds are really bad

I Have A Feeling They Will To. My Bins Gone I Think:p:rotfl:

Abi
31-12-2006, 19:59
We're having a House Party (Complete with a Chocolate and Alcohol Fountain :lol: ) which should be good! We have neighbours and friends coming over for the night, late-ish.

Tori
31-12-2006, 20:17
i'm doing nothing, as per usual. if we'd have thought through going out yesterday and got people to come we would have... but the buses here have nearly all stopped, only busy ones are so we'd all have to walk miles in different directions to get one! but we, as a family, never do anything for new year!

Chloe O'brien
31-12-2006, 22:15
Edinburgh celebrations were cancelled about 8.45pm tonight. Organisers held out as late as posssible to try and go ahead with the celebrations as there were 7 separate events being held in around the town centre. This is the second time in four years that the Hogmany street party has been cancelled due to adverse weather.

Jojo
31-12-2006, 22:55
Well, I'm now sat here with my eldest after hubby went to bed at half 10, so having a CSI fest! Ah well......

chance
01-01-2007, 12:28
We had a indian take away,hubby fell asleep on sette in the middle of film at 11pm,eldest son been sick the last few days,as mid night came he was puking and i was rubbing his back,so we spent it in the bathroom looking down the bog ha ha

Abigail
01-01-2007, 12:42
Sounds like a great new year's eve Chance!
Had a good time, went to the pub then onto a posh wine bar - it was a bit too posh so we headed back to the pub. Got chucked out of the pub because my sister's bf apparantly "brayed the front door down" as the landlady said, he wasn't anywhere near it. At least it was 12.30am so we didn't miss anything.
Had a lesbian encounter with a girl who came up and kissed me early in the night, no idea who she was or why she did it. (I'm straight btw)
So all in all a great night :)

Footie_Chick
01-01-2007, 13:47
well i babysat last night earnt £100 for looking after 5 kids who were all in bed by 8:30, how good was that.

DaVeyWaVey
01-01-2007, 13:53
I went to a house party last night for New Year's Eve. All the alcohol was gone by 9pm. :D Luckily i stayed sober, but some people got drunk and was sick all over the carpet. Luckily the people who got drunk sobered up in time for the countdown to the New Year. When the clock struck, we all hugged each other to celebrate! :D

Abbie
01-01-2007, 16:58
Awwww that sounds great, my and my friend ran downstairs for the countdown and we tryed to open the bottle of wine well anyway it was madness then it was the countdown and I hugged my friend lol then a couple of minutes later we open the wne and drank it within minutes, then we heard fireworks so ran outside to watch them in the distance.

Kim
01-01-2007, 17:12
I went to a house party last night for New Year's Eve. All the alcohol was gone by 9pm. :D Luckily i stayed sober, but some people got drunk and was sick all over the carpet. Luckily the people who got drunk sobered up in time for the countdown to the New Year. When the clock struck, we all hugged each other to celebrate! :D

Lol! All of my Dad's mates go round hugging and kissing everyone when the clock strikes, so me and some of the other younger people there were trying to run away from them.

CrazyLea
01-01-2007, 17:33
My New Years Eve was good. Went to pub (as most know :p) Drank alcohol, played with the jukebox, had a laugh, then at about 5 to 12, most people went out to the square (we didn't as they weren't letting the people back in :p) So we had a countdown in the pub, then at 12 we sang Auld Lang Syne (Sp?) pulled some party poppers, and drank more alcohol :p Left the pub at four :lol: My mate totally off her face! Me and my dad had to drag her home, bless :rotfl:

Tannie
01-01-2007, 18:00
Well We Ate The Food While Watching DodgeBall:p Then We Played Buzz Lmfao Was A Laugh:p:rotfl: Then We Changed Over To Bbc 1 Just As Midnight Came. I ran up the stairs with my drink to watch The fireworks over in edinburgh then came back down knicked my mums phone and tried to phone a certain person (she knows who she is:p) she never answered:crying: But Then We had out fireworks then i danced like a loon, drank and ate somemore then went on msn till half 3:p It Was Brill:p

Katy
01-01-2007, 18:57
The BBC celebrations werent up to much. we had friends of the family over. They are such a laugh we do quite a lot together, we went to the club first had a few drinks then came back to our place about 9 half 9ish. Then we went to the off license as we ran out of booze, my dad was having these special beers so he was fine. Then when we had more alcohol, we had food, more alcohol, food, and lots of talking, and singing, everyone sings if your irish. Its just a pity we didnt have a guitar. We then sung in the New Year and continued drinking and dancing. It was a great night. I looked out and there was no one out, everyone in the street apart from us and the neighbours who were over our place anyway were all in bed. I couldnt believe it. I think my mum and her mate woke a couple of people up singing Take me home again Kathleen, and Teddy Oneills down the street at 3 AM.
Pity i woke up extremly hungover. Dont think im fully recovered yet but oh well.

hazey
02-01-2007, 00:08
well i babysat last night earnt £100 for looking after 5 kids who were all in bed by 8:30, how good was that. good luck to you, I think new year is ever rated as it costs so much to go clubbing etc, I worked at my usual night club they charged £40 to get in, ticket only event. worked from 8.30 to 6.am and got £30 a hour, and got to listen to a fab music. and a couple of drinks was given a bottle of vodka,which I had taken of some girl, and came home with £285 well happy :cheer:

Chloe O'brien
02-01-2007, 00:24
The BBC celebrations werent up to much. we had friends of the family over. They are such a laugh we do quite a lot together, we went to the club first had a few drinks then came back to our place about 9 half 9ish. Then we went to the off license as we ran out of booze, my dad was having these special beers so he was fine. Then when we had more alcohol, we had food, more alcohol, food, and lots of talking, and singing, everyone sings if your irish. Its just a pity we didnt have a guitar. We then sung in the New Year and continued drinking and dancing. It was a great night. I looked out and there was no one out, everyone in the street apart from us and the neighbours who were over our place anyway were all in bed. I couldnt believe it. I think my mum and her mate woke a couple of people up singing Take me home again Kathleen, and Teddy Oneills down the street at 3 AM.
Pity i woke up extremly hungover. Dont think im fully recovered yet but oh well.

Oh Katy you dont get that song seranaded to you when you're family is drunk as well do you. Its embarrasing. I watched some tv then on here and MSN for the bells, had a couple of drinks and went to bed.

Katy
02-01-2007, 11:00
Oh Katy you dont get that song seranaded to you when you're family is drunk as well do you. Its embarrasing. I watched some tv then on here and MSN for the bells, had a couple of drinks and went to bed.

Yes unfortunatley i do. All the time, it goes hand in hand in my family, Alcohol equals singing, or father ted inpressions in the middle of a public resturant. They are embarrasing, but you cant pick yhem can you..... unfortuantly.

Xx-Vicky-xX
02-01-2007, 13:34
I was on here and on msn - how exciting is my life :rotfl: it was quite good actually i cant think of a better bunch of people to spend new years eve talking to :D

Abi
02-01-2007, 14:01
Well, i nearly died on New Years Eve... Which was very interesting! :lol:

Loads of friends and neighbours came round on New Years Eve, then just after Midnight, my sister and her mates came around with some fireworks. My Nextdoor neighbour, who was the only person who was clean sober, thought it was safest if he set them off, as he hadn't been drinking. Anyway, the wind blew one of the rockets over, and it shot straight at me and my Sister (We were standin next to each other). I literally leaped the other direction, as it exploded against the wall, so it just caught the bottom of my jeans. My sis was wearing heels, so couldn't get out the way as easily, so she got burnt on the bottom of her legs (Nothing too serious though...)

Anyway, that was interesting... And slightly scary, lol!

After that, we had an Alcohol Fountain (Just like a chocolate fountain, but alcohol, lol!) And put Orange, Cranberry Juice, Lemonade, Whiskey, Vodka, Beer, Lager and Malibu in it. It actually tasted really nice! :rotfl:

Katy
02-01-2007, 14:39
A firework did that to me and my mates one bonfire night, we managed to get out of the way though. I hope your sister is ok.

Jojo
02-01-2007, 14:41

Loads of friends and neighbours came round on New Years Eve, then just after Midnight, my sister and her mates came around with some fireworks. My Nextdoor neighbour, who was the only person who was clean sober, thought it was safest if he set them off, as he hadn't been drinking. Anyway, the wind blew one of the rockets over, and it shot straight at me and my Sister (We were standin next to each other). I literally leaped the other direction, as it exploded against the wall, so it just caught the bottom of my jeans. My sis was wearing heels, so couldn't get out the way as easily, so she got burnt on the bottom of her legs (Nothing too serious though...)

After that, we had an Alcohol Fountain (Just like a chocolate fountain, but alcohol, lol!) And put Orange, Cranberry Juice, Lemonade, Whiskey, Vodka, Beer, Lager and Malibu in it. It actually tasted really nice! :rotfl:

Blimey Abs!!! You're both ok though?!

I'm surprised at the number of fireworks that were managed to be set off to be honest, with the howling winds and driving rain that was around on New Years Eve.

I bet that Alcohol Fountain made things feel a bit better though eh?! :D

Katy
02-01-2007, 14:44
I know, i mean even the big celebrations were being called off. I heard that the Liverpool New Years fireworks are going off on January the 5th. how does that one work?

Abi
02-01-2007, 15:11

Blimey Abs!!! You're both ok though?!

I'm surprised at the number of fireworks that were managed to be set off to be honest, with the howling winds and driving rain that was around on New Years Eve.

I bet that Alcohol Fountain made things feel a bit better though eh?! :D

Yeah, we're fine. Thankfully it was just a Rocket, and not one of the 20 shot Fireworks we had! :lol:

And the fountain totaly made up for it! It was great- at £30 it was a bargain!