PDA

View Full Version : The Daleks Return

.:SpIcYsPy:.
27-12-2006, 22:33
The Daleks are set to make a return in the new series of Doctor Who, the BBC has revealed.
The Time Lord will battle against his old enemies in a two-part show set in 1930s New York.

The new series, which will hit our TV screens in the Spring, will see the Doctor, played by David Tennant, joined by a new assistant - Martha Jones.

Martha will be played by Freema Agyeman and DJ Reggie Yates will also be making an appearance - as her brother.

Doctor Who writer Russell T Davies said: "Every time the Daleks return we make them bigger and better than ever before.

"This time, their plan is the most audacious Dalek scheme yet. Even The Doctor finds himself out of his depth!"

Abi
28-12-2006, 00:30
Sec must also return (The Black Dalek), as he was in the trailer at the end of the Christmas Special. I assume thats a different episode, as the setting didn't really look very 1930's New York-ish.

Jojo
28-12-2006, 10:35
Doctor Who is to battle it out with the Daleks in a special two-part story set in Thirties New York.

Episodes four and five of the forthcoming third series of the Bafta award-winning drama will see the Doctor, played by David Tennant, alongside his new companion Freema Agyeman, in the role of medical student Martha Jones.

For the special episode the duo will be joined by Desperate Housewives actor Ryan Carnes, Miranda Raison, star of spy-drama Spooks, and Holby City favourite Hugh Quarshie.

Russell T Davies, lead writer and executive producer, said: "Every time the Daleks return we make them bigger and better than ever before, and this time, their plan is the most audacious Dalek scheme yet!

"Even the Doctor finds himself out of his depth ... "

The story is written by Helen Raynor and directed by James Strong, who also directed episodes eight and nine of series two.

Chloe O'brien
28-12-2006, 17:38
Yes bring back the Daleks! bring back the Daleks! It wouldn't be Dr Who without the daleks or the cybermen.

Meh
28-12-2006, 17:46
Yes bring back the Daleks! bring back the Daleks! It wouldn't be Dr Who without the daleks or the cybermen.

We've had them in every season. It's going to be an overkill. I'd prefer they bought the Sontarans back.

Abbie
28-12-2006, 23:24
Yes bring back the Daleks! bring back the Daleks! It wouldn't be Dr Who without the daleks or the cybermen.Yer I suppose it wouldnt be doctor who but then again we dont want to see them too much

Jojo
28-12-2006, 23:32
They should leave the Daleks for a bit - its getting almost, oh look, here come the Daleks again, rather than being huge anticipation for them, like it was in the first series for Bad Wolf.

Abbie
28-12-2006, 23:42
They should leave the Daleks for a bit - its getting almost, oh look, here come the Daleks again, rather than being huge anticipation for them, like it was in the first series for Bad Wolf.
I know, in others words its going to get boring and predictable which no one wants

Jojo
28-12-2006, 23:45
Exactly - and dare I say it, but once it gets predictable, the viewing figures start to fall, which then marks the end which none of us fans want to happen!

Abbie
28-12-2006, 23:47
Exactly - and dare I say it, but once it gets predictable, the viewing figures start to fall, which then marks the end which none of us fans want to happen!

Exactly I mean no one wants any show to be predictable and with Doctor who, all the adventures they go on and theres millions of things they could do it should never be predicatble.

Chloe O'brien
28-12-2006, 23:48
The thing is the daleks just don't have the same scare factor they did years ago when Dr who was in black and white. they used to terrify the life out of me. :eek: I'm showing my age now

Jojo
28-12-2006, 23:50
The thing is the daleks just don't have the same scare factor they did years ago when Dr who was in black and white. they used to terrify the life out of me. :eek: I'm showing my age now

I used to hide behind the sofa as soon as the Daleks came out. Even when they were first in Bad Wolf and started worrying, but then when I saw them, they'd sort of lost the scariness, but then it seems to take a lot more to scare people these days doesn't it.

Abbie
28-12-2006, 23:54
awww even though I never watched the old doctor who am I the only one who is or never has been scared of them

Jojo
28-12-2006, 23:57
awww even though I never watched the old doctor who am I the only one who is or never has been scared of them
Probably not Abbie - these days things seem less scary than they used to. When I see different films advertised and they are rated 15 or even 12 sometimes, I think theres no chance that I'd be able to watch it, but lots of younger people than me do. I think it must be a kind of "generation" thing.

*funky*monkey*
29-12-2006, 15:21
Is it true that Captain Jack is returning in the last episode of series 3?

Cornishbabe
29-12-2006, 16:26

Hes in series three at some point definatly. beacuse he was in the trailer, but im not sure which eppisode

Abbie
29-12-2006, 16:31

Hes in series three at some point definatly. beacuse he was in the trailer, but im not sure which eppisode

Was he in the trailer? I missed that, thanks then. Will he bein it do to something with torchwood

Jojo
29-12-2006, 20:48
I missed him in the trailer too Abbie. I saw loads of other people, but not Jack. If he does make an appearance, I wonder for what reason hmmmm

Abi
29-12-2006, 21:21
I think he comes back, but obviously doesn't recognise the Doctor, and as Martha is there instead of Rose, he doesn't know who either of them are. Then the Doctor "reveals" himself, Jack is disturbed by the Regeneration, and the Doctor is disturbed by him being immortal, and coming back to life.

He'll probably see the TARDIS like SJS did, and put 2 and 2 together.

Abbie
29-12-2006, 21:28
I think he comes back, but obviously doesn't recognise the Doctor, and as Martha is there instead of Rose, he doesn't know who either of them are. Then the Doctor "reveals" himself, Jack is disturbed by the Regeneration, and the Doctor is disturbed by him being immortal, and coming back to life.

He'll probably see the TARDIS like SJS did, and put 2 and 2 together.
Oh ok so its got nothing to do with Torchwood then?

Abi
29-12-2006, 22:17
I dont think so, but thats going on spoilers, so it might be wrong. I mean, Jack is meant to be in Modern Day earth, and thats when the majority of stories on DW are set, so i think its just pure chance that they "bump" into each other.

But hey, could be wrong. Could be some super amazing reason why they clash........ But as RTD is writing it, i doubt it!

Chloe-Elise
30-12-2006, 13:30
I missed him in the trailer aswell, might watch it again and try and see him. I can't wait to see him in Series 3.

Abbie
30-12-2006, 14:38
Well i think he may return either becuase of torchwood or something to do with the fact he is imortal. Well thats what i think and would make sense to me.

*funky*monkey*
31-12-2006, 17:11

Thats what everyone thinks and then something totally unexpected happens! I can't wait to see the next series 3 episodes -do they come back on again in April or May??

Abbie
31-12-2006, 17:38
Im not sure when it comes back, its usually around that time isnt? I cant really remember.