PDA

View Full Version : Trouble With Ipod Nano!

DaVeyWaVey
26-12-2006, 12:30
Hi, i had an Ipod Nano as a Christmas present but i am having trouble with it, so i was wondering knew how to help.

I put the Ipod Nano into the USB slot and i am trying to get it to go with itunes because it goes with itunes, i loaded it up fine but when i tried to drag a song into my ipod, my laptop screen goes blue and its says there is a memory parity error. I then have to turn off my laptop, once i've reloaded my laptop and go back into itunes (the nano is still in the USB) my itunes doesn't recognise my ipod so i have to load it up all over again.

Can anyone help? Thanks. :)

samantha nixon
26-12-2006, 12:33
have you tried uninstalling i tunes and erasing the ipod and strating again

Kim
26-12-2006, 12:33
Have you got the itunes as your default music player, and are you ripping the music with that?

DaVeyWaVey
26-12-2006, 12:49
I might try uninstalling itunes again and see what happens. Thanks Samantha Nixon.

My default music player is Windows Media Player Kim, but i put the music from cds onto itunes, before trying to copy it to the ipod, but when i try and copy it to put it onto my ipod, it won't work. I hope what i'm saying makes sense. :)

Kim
26-12-2006, 12:59
Do you have the itunes from the disc, or one that was on your computer when you got it? My disk one wouldn't work for some reason, so I used that.

Bryan
26-12-2006, 13:05
Have you installed all the software that makes the i pod work on your computer? Drivers etc?

Instead of dragging the files onto your i pod have you clicked File - Update I Pod?

DaVeyWaVey
26-12-2006, 13:33
I never had a disc with my ipod, i just downloaded itunes from the internet. I have tried updating my ipod as it didn't recognise it when i tried it again, but when i try updating it, it won't work. It is really so confusing! I swear i have all the software for it. I tried doing the same on my brother's laptop, and it worked fine on his so i must have all the software?! There must be something wrong with my laptop, my dad is going to ask at his work to see if anyone knows there as well.

Kim
26-12-2006, 13:37
I'd ask your brother if I tunes was installed on his laptop when he got it. That might have automatically loaded if he had it as his default player, which is possibly why it would work on there.

Tori
26-12-2006, 15:39
could the ipod be faulty? because the memory parity thing sounds a bit strange?

Jojo
26-12-2006, 22:39
What sort of memory has your laptop Davey, including RAM - I think it could possibly be your problem.

With the second generation Nano's (like mine) you no longer have a disk to download the software from - you download iTunes, as you have done, which will be the most up to date version of the software.

It doesn't matter what your default player is - mine is windows media player, but my iPod is updated and sync'd with no probs.

When you sync your iPod, it should sync with everything that you already have showing in iTunes, when you create a new playlist, that will also be sync'd.

If you are still having problems, let me know hun and I'll see if I can help, but it sounds more of a laptop problem than an iPod problem. PM me or catch me on MSN (or in here :D )

DaVeyWaVey
26-12-2006, 23:07
Thanks Ems, if i have any more problems i will let you know. My dad is asking at his work tonight to see if anyone had the same problem as i have. He told me it is probably a laptop problem and my laptop may have to have a download to make my ipod work with itunes. He said that my laptop may have a "patch".

Thanks everyone who replied. :)

Jojo
26-12-2006, 23:12
Thanks Ems, if i have any more problems i will let you know. My dad is asking at his work tonight to see if anyone had the same problem as i have. He told me it is probably a laptop problem and my laptop may have to have a download to make my ipod work with itunes. He said that my laptop may have a "patch".

Thanks everyone who replied. :) It sounds like it Davey, especially if its working fine on your brothers laptop. Hope you get it sorted, a patch may well be the answer.